General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #1  

Default Again?!!!!!

Ok, just to spice up todays boards and bring a little bit of hollywood here, Britney Spears is pregnant again. Seriously, how do you go from being a successful performer and idol to marrying that loser Kevin Federline and she has little to no respect in Hollywood. So sad. Plus, Sean Preston is only 7months old and she has already gotten visits from social services about her treatment of child one. Get accustomed to one child before you have another one!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194890,00.html
Old 05-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I think babies are Hollywood's new Must-Have accessory. Sad, eh?

I often wonder if any of them are selfless enough to truly be good parents? Hard to be second banana (which parents are!) when you're always so accustomed to being the STAR!

I guess it just goes to show, money does not a mom make.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #3  
Collie Mommie

At least she has the money to provide very well for these children. Wife-beaters for Sean and short-shorts for the girl once they are big enough!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #4  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Shes not the sharpest tool in the box! I think she is at the point of wanting to "make her marriage work" so she probably figures that another kids will make K-fed stay/get on track...well HELLO it didn't work for his other girlfriend!! HELLO red flag right there all along Britney!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #5  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I personally think she is compensating for her lost child hood,
her mother, aparently was a puspy showbiz parent, so I can onoly assume that she didnt have the childhood and mothering that an average child recieves. She has now reached her dream of a popstar, maybe shes trying to claim back some normalacy by becoming a parent, and some women aim to be a mother, as many kids as they can love.
I dont like her choice in husband coz I can see him doing something to hurt the family hes created (like with his previous family).
I really love how britney hasnt followed the celeb trend of the fashion accessory baby then becoming slim as soon as the umbilcal cord is cut, shes just become a natural mum.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #6  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I say good for her, she has always wanted to be a parent and have a big family, she has said so many times. I honestly don't think she would be stupid enough to have kids just for the sake of having them, she knows what it is potentially doing to her career, and her career has always been number one since she was a little girl, now she is making family number one and giving her career a break, she has been going non stop at it most of her life, she deserves time to herself and time to start the family she has always wanted.

People believe what they read way too much, people think her and Kevin are having problems just because the media says so, they know that will sell papers! Brit doesn't seem stupid enough to actually stay let alone have another kid just to make her marriage work, and I HIGHLY doubt her mother would allow that, her and her mother are very close, and her mother is very very tightly involved in her life and career, mainly because it is because of the sacrifices her mother made to help Britney become the star she is. If she wants to have another kid all the power to her, maybe she wants to have her family all in one shot so she can get back to her career sooner and not have to worry about having kids later on, maybe she wants them to be around the same age so they can play together (my mom always said if she knew how hyper my brother would be she would have had another one to keep him company so he would have a playmate)

She has also always said she wanted to be a young mom like her mom was, so that could be the reason she is having another, or maybe she just simply loves being a mother so much and loves having a break from her hectic lifestyle so much that she is taking the time she deserves to have. Fans of her's need to understand she is normal, she has a life as well, and she can't spend her entire life trying to please her fans and everyone else, she needs to live her life for her and please herself once in a while as well.

Now from what I have seen of Kevin, I am still iffy about him, but Britney seems to be really in love with him, and he seems to very in love with her, only they know what goes on in their marriage, I personally think they must be happy together and if she is happy then I am happy for her.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

Its amazing that, even with a paid staff, she can still have social services come to investigate. Personally, I think she's far too immature to handle the one...it's a shame, I think.

The really unbelievable thing is that this Kevin creature now has FOUR children under the age of, what, 3? that he puts behind the needs of his pee pee. Unbelieveable. I have a good friend that has been trying to get pregnant for over four years and can't concieve and this guy seems to have power tadpoles!! I find it totally unfair, myself...
Old 05-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyezx
I really love how britney hasnt followed the celeb trend of the fashion accessory baby then becoming slim as soon as the umbilcal cord is cut, shes just become a natural mum.
HUMM......I MISS THE OLD BRITNEY ~ I HOPE SHE FOLLOWS THE "TREND" SOON!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:07 AM   #9  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

You knw, I didn't see as much media coverage about her 7 month old baby falling out of his high chair and seriously injuring himself as I did about her driving away with him sitting on her lap. What a great parent she is! (where's the sarcastic emoticon?)
Old 05-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I think she is an idiot, and that is putting it nicely. I think she is nothing but an "attention wanter" and that is ALSO putting it nicely.

Having a baby isn't what was/is hurting her career-her putting out a crappy album every year or so just to "put one out" is. Her first album was okay-because she took the time to do it. I think after she got a taste of fame, she got greedy, and started putting out more and more albums that were less and less good. That is what affected her career.

I think that she realized that there are a lot of pretty faces out there in Hollywood-and a lot of them have more talent to back them up.

So, she started doing things for attention and headlines-such as marrying that first guy and having it anulled...then doing the surprise wedding to Kevin. (The groomsmen in pimp sweatsuits, and a wedding dress that stops 1 inch under your buttocks-how classy. ) Then, her so called "reality show" with Kevin-of course it flopped. It was worthless. I think she realized that "no one cares".

So, what could she do next? Let's have a baby...all of the big stars are doing it. Britney also, for those who are unaware, requested a c-section so it would be quick and she would not have to go through labor. There was no medical reason for her c-section. It is nice that her money can get her whatever she wants-even a laborless birth that was done and over with from start to finish in less than two hours. I think her doctor should have made her have it naturally, and maybe it would have taught her something.

So...she got a lot of press from the first baby, and she is grasping at straws and doing it again.

As far as being a regular mom...being heavier doesn't make you a regular mom. I agree with the poster above who said it was pretty sad/bad that she has had social services called on her twice-and she has access to a full staff of assistants, nannies, whatever she wants.

I feel sorry for those children. Only a moron would have had social services called on them for her 3 wrongs-in-1 vehicle incident:

~Their infant on their lap while they are driving. It is bad enough that he was out of his car seat, and in the front seat-but rather than being held by a passenger-he was being held by the person driving the car. Why didn't she just apply makeup and talk on the cell phone as well, too? She just upped the chance of having an accident by a large percentage.

~Their infant NOT in a car seat during a ride in a vehicle. Okay...let's not only increase the risk of head/neck/back injury if there was an accident, but also increase the risk of the child being ejected from the vehicle during an accident.

~ The baby was in the front seat! Infants and children are not allowed in the front seat of a vehicle equipped with airbags even if they ARE in a car seat. They are only allowed in the front seat of a vehicle, if it happens to be a truck without an extended cab, where there is a switch that can turn off the airbags. The blow of an airbag can kill an infant or small child if it is released.

She needs another child like I need to hear another one of her albums.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgal2
Shes not the sharpest tool in the box! I think she is at the point of wanting to "make her marriage work" so she probably figures that another kids will make K-fed stay/get on track...well HELLO it didn't work for his other girlfriend!! HELLO red flag right there all along Britney!
Oh i agree LOL, i definitely think child #2 and total children (step kids and her own) 4 will definitely only help her and KFed's marriage.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie14
People believe what they read way too much
This I gotta agree with. No fan of Brittney, don't even know any of her songs. Can't tell you if I've even heard one of them. Fan of 80's music myself. But I gotta say...she's a star. So the media is going to run with it. Ok, so social services came in. What did they do? Nothing. So they apparently didn't have the same concern all the media hype had. How many people can honestly say their child has never fallen from a high chair, fallen on the playground, just fallen at all?

Now the car incident...she says she was running from the paparazi(sp?). Judging by the fact that there is a picture, I'd pretty much have to agree that they were there. So she jumped in the car with the baby and took off...no time to buckle the baby into the carseat, and I don't know if anyone else was in the car with her or not. She should still have been ticketed heavily for that and perhaps she would be more cautious knowing how dangerous it was to the baby, that she will take the time for the carseat next time, even if the paparazi are banging on her back for pictures. Lock herself into the car, get the baby strapped in, then climb over the front seat and drive off. They're locked outside...all they can do is take pictures.

She's a star and probably just as flighty as some ditz that isn't a star and married the first guy came along, or got married on a drunken dare or whatever. But that ditz doesn't get any media attention over it because no one cares. Brittney's a star (crappy or not doesn't matter) and suddenly everyone cares. And the media weren't in her house when the kid fell from the high chair. So they "heard" about it. Even our courts don't allow such testimony. But the media is permitted to plaster it all over television and pronounce her guilty of one of the most heinous crimes they can make it out to be. If that child was truly in the kind of danger portrayed, social services would have removed them from the home. Social services doesn't always get it right, but they don't usually get it that wrong.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #13  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Britney had a surprise wedding to Kevin b/c of the fact she didnt want paparazzi ruining it...and her dress didn't stop an inch beneath her butt...her dress was actually a very beautiful dress and she changed for the reception. If i had a body like her's I'd wear it too. The pimp suits and The maids suits were also for the reception, and she didn't want people dressing up too much b/c that would attract attention and she wanted it as secluded and private as possible, which is understandable.

A child falling from a high chair can happen, children get hurt, and it was obviously not that bad or else child services would have done alot more.

Driving with Sean in the front seat..not that smart..but she is a new mother and did what was instinct to get away from the paparazzi and protect her child. We have all heard the stories about them chasing celebs and almost causing accidents so she was probably afraid that they would get violent trying to get a picture of Sean.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #14  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ok, today's news...Brittney with baby in the carseat, in the FRONT seat and facing forwards. I take back everything I said. ::sigh::
Old 05-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, the baby was in the back seat-but he WAS facing forwards. All babies under 1 year should be in a rear facing newborn seat, not a forward facing seat meant for 1-3 year olds.

I don't know if anyone has seen the photos, but it also looks like he isn't fastened in properly with the shoulder straps tightened/secured enough-because he is all slumped over while he is sleeping in the seat. I have 2 children, and a third on the way-and if your baby is strapped in securely, the only thing that can lean over/slump over is their HEAD, not their torso. If he were in a proper seat for his age and fastened securely, he would not be slumped over like that. That in itself is risking neck and spinal injury if she were in a car crash. Being forward facing risks this as well.

He is also in a convertible on a sunny day, with no hat. (How much you wanna bet there is no sunscreen on him, either?) You all know how much wind an adult gets in a convertible in the back seat...NICE.
Closed Thread