Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #1  
Cutieshirl

Talking Can I buy books somewhere?

I am not sure if I want to join the ww in my area, but I am familiar with the plan and used to have my friends books like food companion, guide to eating out..........my ? is can I just stop in at this meeting and buy the books or do I have to be a member? I looked on ebay and not sure what a fair price is for the stuff or should I buy it from the meetings? Any help would be appreciated
Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #2  

In our area the books were $8 for one and $10 for the other. Not sure which one was which price. I don't think you can just buy them. At least you can't in our area.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

It really depends on the franchise or corporation in you area. My area you cannot buy unless you can prove that you are a member.

E-bay can have some but they are usually overpriced and then you have shipping.

YOu can also buy the AT HOME program in most areas that give you all the materials that a meeting goer gets plus a calculator and the books.

But if you want to know if you can buy without being a member call the 800 W/W number (you can get it in most yellow pages and from the W/W official site) and ask.

However does your friend still go? She could buy what you want and you give her the money.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Pick a time when they are having free registration (we have it now in our area), go sign up, buy everything you want, and then don't come back the next week. The most important information is in the week 1 book, + you can buy the other books that have more point information. Each week they give you more info. You have to stick it out through week 3 if you want all the activity point stuff. After week three, the pamphlets are fairly useless little "tips" for recipes or exercise that you could get reading any self-fitness-shape magazine.

That approach never worked that well for me. Going to meetings actually helps me get things in gear each week. I figure the $10 I spend at meetings is offset by the much larger sum of money I am saving by not eating out or buying drinks as often.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #5  
Dr. Oz - veggie style!

S/C/G: 270/251/155

Height: 5'10"

I agree with Morrigan. It will be way cheaper to just sign up and get the week one program materials than to buy them anywhere unauthorized and have to pay shipping, etc. Plus, you don't know, you might like the meetings. Around here they will let you "audit" a meeting for free. You don't get any materials, but you can listen in, see how the meetings go, etc. to help you make a decision.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

When my books were all worn and and taped together, I went to the hotel where the local meetings are. I know about how long they are, so I just showed up at the end, went inside, told one of the cashiers that I do WW at home but my materials are nasty, and could I purchase some. For me, it worked out well. I bought both companions and a new calculator and a tote thing to carry it all in. I think it was about 40.00. Expensive? maybe, but it was well worth it knowing that I was back in control.

Otherwise, hook up w/ a friend who goes to meetings and have her purchase the materials for you. I do agree that it's better to get the stuff straight from the source instead of online...because, well, you just never know.
Closed Thread