Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:06 AM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Weight Loss and Chit Chat #186

We are all Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of women who share our daily lives and cheer each other on in our weight loss victories!!

Please pull up a chair and join us.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-02-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning Jaded Ladies,

My friend Kathy came for coffee today, and we had such a good time. We've been friends since we were 14, and know each other like a book. The really neat thing is, we became grandmas at the same time, and always have lots of pictures to show each other. She only has one grandchild, and I have 5, but I believe she has more pictures!

I've done well with the food and water buy need to get in some exercise. Big surprise on that one, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day. It's supposed to be sunny here afterwhile, so I'm planning to get outdoors.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls...

Another pretty day in Oregon. Grandpa and a friend of his are out in the yard splitting wood w/a wood splitter. They get to sit down while doing this!!

I'm enjoying being up in the morning. So nice to be up early rather than going to bed in the wee hours of the day. Such a change. Energy level is more too.

Ok...must go hop on my gazelle and shower, then head off to work.

Chat w/you next time.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Sue - I read on the other thread that you lost your BIL. Know that I'm thinking of you and your family, ok?
Old 05-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Popping in once again...can't see how James is sleeping w/all the noise going on outside!!!

Ellen--Geraniums are beautiful, but they don't have a very good fragrance to them do they?? If I'm thinking of the right flower.........Still would love to have some in my front yard! Enjoy the sun.

Jane--I so miss that kind of friendship!! I do have one friend at work that I've been trying to get in touch with. Now that my hours have changed, it'll be easier to see her. I can come in early and spend time w/her.

Cristi--Hope you feel better soon and post! How have you been?

Hello to all the other girls out there!! Ok....James is up, wants the computer.....oh, did I mention that he got a new monitor for it?? I can finally read clearly, and here I thought I needed glasses!!

Talk to you all later

Hugs
Old 05-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Wink

Good Morning Ladies...

It's another beautiful sunny day here and I love it! Hope all of you are having a great Tuesday!

Jane...I read your weightloss thread and you're such an inspiration! You are so right with how you worded it all. I think you're absolutely wonderful and should be so proud of your accomplishment!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #7  
a work in progress

Hi Ladies...

Sue, very sorry to hear about the loss of your BIL Post whenever you feel up to it...so many here have been through the loss of a family member, and can empathize. All the JL's were so kind to me when I lost my sister last year.

Marti, glad you are enjoying your new hours so much! Studies have shown that people are more productive and so much more energy if they are able to work with their bodies' natural "clocks" instead of against them. And some people are just naturally morning people. But you can adapt to any schedule I guess -- Tim is naturally a night person, but has gotten used to starting work at 5:30 am.

Ginny, I think you asked me what kind of surgery I had? It was for a radial tunnel release -- kind of like carpal tunnel, but instead of the wrist it is the nerve that runs from the outside of the shoulder to the elbow, then crosses the forearm to the thumb and index finger.

Jane, very happy you are staying! And glad you had fun with your friend at coffee this morning. It's nice to have a friend you can share a life experience with, like having grandkids at the same time. When I had Noah, my best friend at the time was pregnant too -- exactly one month behind me. I had breakfast with a friend today, too -- veggie fritatta made with egg beaters, diet Coke...but I couldn't say no to the blueberry scone they served with it Hope the points weren't too high for that...

Ellen, how warm is warm up north? We went from cool and rainy in the 50's F to suddenly mid- to high-80's F. We never seem to get spring here -- it tends to go straight from winter to summer.

Cristina, I'd like to hear your happy news, too...although a 2 lb loss is pretty happy news too!

Susan, hope things are going well for your girls. How is Rachel doing? When does she get to come home?

I've been gaining and losing the same stupid 4-5 lbs since January, really stubborn plateau. Then missed 2 weeks of WW and gained 5 lbs! I was eating out of depression, not staying on program. But my leader said to watch my salt and keep drinking plenty of water, so I took off 6.3 lbs last week. Go figure... Still, was down 25, only down 21 now, but at least heading back in the right direction.

Oops, gotta run to work...hi to all the rest of the JL's!

Love,
Old 05-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #8  

Wink

Katiecat...Your kitty picture is SO cute ~ where did you find it at?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Back for just a few minutes.

Marti - glad you're liking the new monitor. It's amazing how the new feature can improve all the technical thingies we have. How are you liking your new shift at work? Getting home so much earlier must feel good. Are your duties about the same?

Michelle - aww, you're such a sweetie to say what you did. You just made my day! I hope you're able to get out and enjoy the sun for a bit.

Mary Kate - thank you very much! I eat veggie omelets sometimes. Is that about the same as a frittata? Peppers - red, green and yellow are my favorites to add. I, too, really like your avatar.

Mary and I have been sitting in the sun while her girls are napping. It's so nice when DDs grown up and are your friend and well as a DD, you know? Madison is going to be spending the night. Her twin already did, so she has to catch up, lol.

See ya on the flip side!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Molly knows she isn't allowed on our bed. Do you suppose she thinks that if she can't see me, I can't see her?

~
Old 05-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #11  

Jane...That picture is absolutely adorable! She is just precious!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #12  

Hi...Where is everyone at today? Usually it's so hard to keep up with all the posting, and today, there has hardly been anyone here. I hope all of you are okay?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:04 AM   #13  
a work in progress

Good evening, ladies...

Michelle, I'm not sure where I got the kitty pic -- I think my husband found it online somewhere on a free avatar site and saved it for me. I like it too, makes me smile

Jane, the fritatta was really good -- had fresh spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, and tomatoes, with just a little bit of jack cheese on top. I made one at home with one egg, one egg white, free veggies, and 1 oz of lowfat cheese for a total of 4 WW points. Would even make a good lunch or dinner. Molly is so cute! I love dogs, but we really can't have one. We travel too often and too spontaneously -- having a dog is a huge emotional commitment and responsibility, like having a kid Our cat misses us when we are gone, but she honestly sleeps about 22 hours a day, so it's not really that bad for her if we are gone for a long weekend, as long as she has lots of food and water. If it's more than 2-3 days, Mike will pop in to check on and feed her, and she's fine with that.

Went to Whole Foods Market tonight with Mike and splurged on tons of healthy treats. I found these ridiculously expensive fat-free chocolate sauces, all-natural, one cherry and one raspberry. I think they would be good to dip fresh fruit in, like strawberries, pineapple, banana, etc. I've been feeling bored and deprived and thought I'd try something new.

The silliest thing happened when I walked into their produce department for the first time -- there were just rows and rows and bins and tables filled with all these great fruits and vegetables. Everything looked so fresh and appealing; I bought artichokes, and I don't even know how to cook them, but they looked so good I couldn't resist! Do you remember that old Earth Wind & Fire song, "Boogie Wonderland"? For just a moment I imagined all the pineapples and peppers and broccoli dancing around and singing "Veggie Wonderland"! I know, I know...that's bizarre.

OK...it's really late here, almost 11pm, gotta get some sleep.

Sweet dreams to all,
Old 05-03-2006, 07:06 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Michelle -thanks about Molly. I remember that you don't have pets. But wait - you have teens, so that's about the same, right, lol. I have one teen. The other 2 kids have passed that stage, thank goodness.

Mary Kate - thanks about my Molly. She really is a sweetie. I can totally see why you would hesitate to get a dog since you travel so much. I've heard about the sauces you've mentioned, but have never tried them. Let me know if they're good. I like your Veggie Boogie visual, lol.

Katy - do you have a good recipe for wild rice? I make it as a side dish, and have cooked it with chicken, but am looking for more recipes using it.

Madison stayed with us last night, and as I speak, she's on my side of the bed. Since the birds are singing, and the coffee's brewing, I thought I might as well get up anyway.

Hope you have a good day.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:14 AM   #15  
ugggg.....

Marti--what's al the noise--are they cutting down another tree??

Jane-what a cute dog--my sonused to cover his eyes or hide under the covers when we played hide and seek--we still joke with him about it...

Michelle--I think your avatar is cute too...where does everyone find these besides the ones on this website??

Katie--Sonoma diet has me eating healthier but I am not losing--I did WW once before but still used my points to have my Cokes (not the diet kind either) so I wonder if it didn't work because I was drinking my calories instead of eating them??? The frittata sounds wonderful!!! Too funny about the "Boogie Wonderland"
Closed Thread