Old 04-30-2006, 11:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Default Success Stories

I know I can't be the only one who wants to see a kind of "poll". Instead of hopping around thousands of threads, I didn't see one here just for this-so please post how much you've lost, how long it took you to lose it, and if you credit that loss to anything other than just counting calories. Brag about fast progress, rant and vent about a stall, post before and after pics-share whatever.

I personally have lost 20 lbs in a little over a month, and just changed to calorie counting as my diet plan. I don't have pics to post because I avoid cameras like the plague.....
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

how did you lose 20 lbs in a month? was it just atkins? that's 4-5lbs per week!! congrats on your efforts.

as for me, it is going very slow and steady. i try to eat about 1500-1700 per day, and maybe lose about 2 lbs per month (i've only been serious about this since around new year's). i don't low carb, but i try to eat healthy carbs. about 7 years ago i dieted way too extremely and was probably an exercise bullemic, so i am trying not to head in that direction again.

i honestly believe stress has a lot to do with my weight and as soon as exams are over and i graduate, losing will be much easier.

kate
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #3  

Yes, it was just Atkins and light exercise (walking or on my Gazelle). You can lose LOTS of weight doing Atkins, especially in the first stages. Mine isn't really unusual from reading the book and the posts here in Low Carb Lifestyle. My dad lost 70 lbs in six months! It has it's drawbacks, for me anyway. I've decided to just count calories now because of them. Not to mention the physical problems (leg pain, LOW energy, and SEVERE constipation-too much info? ) it caused for me, it truly is a "change for life". Screwing up and cheating on this diet (eating a piece of bread, rice or pasta, chocolate, or even a banana), is the kiss of death on Atkins. You can't just go on and off it because it really messes up your metabolism. I did it for about 5 weeks faithfully, and decided I couldn't do it forever, so here I am. The idea of not having to totally eliminate ANY type of food, just the quantities, is much more appealing. For the last three days, I've stuck to less than 1000 cals per day, just to be sure I don't gain any of my atkins weight back from the switch. You gain when you get off of it from what I've read.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'll crow.

I've lost 81 pounds in 9 1/2 months.

I started near 300 pounds!

I calorie count, but I'm working on describing my "3c's" lifestyle: Conscious Control and Commitment.

Currently, I eat between 1800-190 calories a day (started swhat higher), exercise regularly -- a change for me -- and I usually lose 1-2 pounds/week, tho it was higher at first.

I've got some pics around here somewhere I can link to...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=142
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hello everyone im mia and im thinking about doing a cross from counting calories and the micheal thurmonds makeover, i learned that with the makeover even though you ate 5-6 times a day i still was getting less than 1400 calories a day so i kind of feel scammed i will be sending the diet back because i just cant deal with no dairy at all and no salt at all i believe if i watch my calorie intake i can do just as well and now im councious of my salt intake and my sugar but to cut it out completly i cant do i just started tracking calories seriously today so i dont exactly know how many i will end up with today
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #6  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Mia. I did the 6WBM diet last summer. It worked, but was really hard to stick with. I was getting around 900-1000 calories a day. Ouch! But I will say that all the food I was eating was really healthy. I don't recommend doing it unless you just need a temporary weigh loss for some event. It will work great for that.

On another note... I count calories and it works way better for my mental health. I don't feel restricted. I do take some things away from that diet that I still try to follow. Like drinking 100 oz of water each day. I try to get in 5-6 meals a day and eat some form of protein at each meal. I also try sometimes to have premade lunches for my week. It's nice not having to think about what I'll eat.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #7  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I have lost 31 pounds in 4 months and I basically started out counting calories and making sure I didn't go over 1300-1500...I can now judge the foods to where I don't count calories anymore. I just make sure I buy the right foods, and eat the right portions.
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #8  

I've lost 30 pounds, 23 inches, and 3 sizes. I originally started in Sept. of 2005 eating only 1200 calories and hated it. I lost a few pounds and then quit. In January I started counting calories again and have lost 22 pounds since then.

I practice Eucalorics, which is eating my normal calories of 1620. I eat the calories now that I will have to eat to maintain my goal weight (goal weight x 12). I've learned to live with food and enjoy it. It's from the book Calorie Queens: Living Thin In A Fat World. Having had the ability to converse with the authors in a forum similar to this, I've learned that they are real people that struggle with the same issues I face everyday with my weightloss. Their wisdom has yet to cease.
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #9  

I began counting calories and exercising in December of 2004. I've lost 70 pounds (well, 80 lost, 8 gained - but I caught myself and am losing them again and expect to sail on to my goal weight of 120). I vary the number of calories I consume each day and aim for a weekly average of 1500-1800/day. I make healthy choices most of the time but I've not given up any foods. I'm not striving for perfection just a significant improvement. In the beginning by exercise focus was probably 80% cardio and 20% weight training. Now, weight training has taken the front seat but cardio is still an important part of my routine. Just like my food choices, I'm not aiming for perfection in my exercise. I simply try to move more in general and have a formal workout on most days.

At least the last 4 months or so have been an intentional maintainence break. I was getting burned out, the scale was moving slowly anyway, and I was close enough to my goal weight that I wanted to make certain I would know what to do once I got there. I did not change how I ate during this time (for the most part) but just played around a bit with my calorie levels. Admittedly, I did not exercise at full throttle during this time which I am certain explains the 8 pounds I gained over the past two months. So, my maintainence break served its purpose - I got an idea of about how many calories I'll be able to eat and figured out at what level my exercise will have to make sure I do not regain the weight I've worked so hard to lose.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #10  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

I have lost 25 lbs since March 25, 2006. On Atkins & exercising my booty off (a bit literally lol) - yes I take a suppresant (sp) as well to curve my appetite however I only take 1/2 of one, never a whole one. I haven't measured myself I just like the way I look. I can relate to the no pix thing as every pix I have found with me in it has me hiding behind someone or something.

ps do we have spell check on here?

and also --- WAY TO GO LADIES -- AWESOME JOB ON THE LOSES!!!!
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeleagle1965
so please post how much you've lost, how long it took you to lose it, and if you credit that loss to anything other than just counting calories. Brag about fast progress, rant and vent about a stall, post before and after pics-share whatever.
I lost a total of 68 lbs - from 195 to 127. My original weight loss goal was 150 lbs. I later updated that goal to 135 lbs.

I started in July 2004. I didn't initially start off calorie counting. My original plan was to eat nutritionally powerful foods and avoid nutritionally void foods. I eventually started calorie counting to ensure I was eating ENOUGH every day. My caloric goal was 1400 initially but I later raised the goal to 1600. After numerous failed weight loss attempts in the past, I was terrified I would damage my metabolism. I wanted to reach my goal weight with a "hot" metabolism. I combined calorie counting with "clean/healthy" eating for optimal success. I do believe weight loss is MOSTLY calories in/calories out but the better food just made me feel better! (I completely gave up forever fast food, packaged baked goods and sugary soda).

I weighed 174 lbs by September, 164 lbs by October and 153 lbs by Christmas. I weighed 140 lbs around March 2005 and plateaued for a long time around 138-140. In May 2005, I figured my body was done losing weight, so I gradually increased calories to 1800-1900. I lost an additional 13 lbs verrrry slowly (from May 2005-January 2006). My weight has been fairly stable at 127-128 since January of 2006. My waist went from 37 inches to 27 inches and I went from a 42DD to a 36C. I went from a tight-sized 18 to a size 8 (sometimes 6, depending on vanity sizing).

I am very happy with this weight and still track my calories and concentrate on eating healthy foods every day to maintain my weight loss. It was a long process - July 2004 - January 2006 but it was worth it.

My Before and After pictures

Great pictures Wyllenn!

Last edited by Glory87; 05-01-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #12  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

wow you all are such an inspiration
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #13  

Wow ladies-thanks for posting! Congratulations to all of you! It is truly helpful to one's motivation to have some inspiration and a little company along the way. Keep 'em coming!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #14  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Very cool and inspiring to hear all the stories..WOW..

YOU LADIES ROCK!!!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:23 AM   #15  

I've lost 39 pounds since last August by calorie counting. I started going to the gym in Feb 2006b and the weight loss really speeded up. I'm not losing fast by other peoples standards but I like it this speed - its gives me time to catch up with myself.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote