Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Default Unclear About Decision

Hi ladies,

I'm feeling so depressed right now. I quit a job that I absolutely loved because I needed to make more money. My daughter is going to college in a couple of years and I really need to put some money away. The girls at my old job were like my family, and I miss them so much. I know that God had a purpose in my making this decision, but I can't figure out what it is yet, because I am so unhappy. Now all I want to do is eat to make myself feel better even though I know that this is not the answer. Sorry I'm rambling.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

OH have I been in your shoes!! I quit a job I really liked...co workers like sisters to make more money. I called and emailed with the co-workers talked about how miserable I was...and then one day I realized that I wasn't making the effort to make new friends at the new job. I made one of my best friends...and she said she was really worried about hiring me because I was very talkative and easy going in the interview and I hadn't said a word since I got there. She knew that I moved shortly after getting the job and I missed my friends, but I had to make the effort to let others get to know me and extend the same friendship to my new co-workers. Now 12 years and many jobs and moves later she is still my best friend. She was there with me through WW the first time...then I got pregnant...she was with me all the way through.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/167/124

Thanks Alex,

You're right, of course, I do need to give these other girls a chance. They're pretty tight, but I need to open up also. It's just so hard, and I'm so lonely. There is a possibility that I might go back to school (after 22 years) and finish my degree, so maybe that's what God had in mind when he gave me this decision.
Closed Thread