Old 04-27-2006, 02:04 AM   #1  

Default Quick question...

So, I'm working on increasing muscle mass as well as attempting to lose fat. I know that eating protein is supposed to help in gaining muscle and that not eating carbs after a workout is also supposed to help...so, basically eat protein after a workout. I've increased my protein intake over the past 3 weeks and I have a question to ask, but even on the internet I cant just come out and say it...so I'll beat around the bush...if anyone else increased their protein intake...have you noticed anything different in how your body behaves?
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:18 AM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

It depends on what type of protein you are increasing, but i know i became gassy and uncomfortable when i did that. Everyone is different though.

What is your dilemma?

Your body might just need more time to adjust? Increasing something and taking things away that your body has had for a good amount of time can make your stomach a bit off. You might just need to let your body adjust. Then again this might have nothing to do with your stomach. Hahaah. Sorry my stomach used to hate me so i base everything off that.

Then again i'm not sure what you are going through.
Sorry if that didn't help.

I will probably wake up tomorrow morning and read this and it will mak no sense. Hahaha. Sorry.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:56 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/html/TFPostProtein.html

John Hussman recommends some protein some carbs and some fat post-workout - looks like it's based on some pretty sound science too.

When I first started upping my protein I got really constipated, but increasing your fruits, veggies and water will help!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:14 AM   #4  

Okay, I'm glad I am not the only one! YEY! When I upped the protein, I became more constipated and gassy...talk about ANNOYING! I'll wait for a little while to see if my body adjusts to this.

Thanks for that link!
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universityprincess
I have a question to ask, but even on the internet I cant just come out and say it...so I'll beat around the bush...
First things first...don't ever be apprehensive about asking a question on here! 3FC is different from most other sites--everyone here is extremely friendly, helpful, and understanding. We've had some VERY open discussions (in this section and in others around these boards) about all kinds of crazy things (sex, relationships, icky extra skin sagging on your body, the size of our boos and if they've changed, questions bout our lovely time of the month...we even had one in the 100 lbs section once about the best way to go about shaving your *ahem* bikini area, including such details as if you shave it ALL or leave some, how you hold up your stomach to reach, whether you should shave with or against the direction of the hair...), so don't ever feel the need to hold back
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #6  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

From a trainers P.O.V- you need a blance of each source of food (carbs to replace the glycogen you lost, protein to help heal the muscle and good fats to aid in the process of rebuilding...) you really do need to repalce what your body used. Also, if you continue on a high protein diet, eventully your kidnies will get over worked ...too much protein in the body has to be eliminated...becoming more constipated is a sure sign that the protein is doing more harm than good.

You DO NOT need more than plam sized portion of protein 3 times a day, fill up on the veggies and fruit instead.
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote