South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

Default Monday's Chat

Good Morning Chickies!
I'm back on the beach after my day off to "Sugar Hills." I hope that everyone had an excellent weekend. I was all psyched up with a plan to get close to my excercise goal this month, but I did alot of bending and such on Saturday painting my kitchen cabinets and somehow seemed to pull a hamstring. It is pretty painful and I'm not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions? It really only hurts when I'm standing, etc.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #2  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chickies! How's everyone doing? Hopefully we all managed the weekend without doing too much damage. Hi beachbabe, I'm right back with you on the journey back from "Sugar Hills".

Yesterday was my first day on P1 and it's amazing how the cravings disapear. And I'm PMSing!! Eggs and veggies in the morning are the sure fire way to beat cravings I think. The trouble is after 3 or four mornings I get sick of eggs. But I'll be good and stick to the plan. It feels good to have done a good OP day. It's been a while since I've been really strict about it. I'm going to lunch with a friend and will try to remind my self how bad I felt after binging on sugar and pizza Saturday. I'm not sure how long I'll stay on P1 I'll just see how it goes after a week or so.

Have a great start to the week, ladies!!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Had a good weekend, despite the lack of wheels. Have a meeting at work today with our new team to discuss the reorganization. Things will remain pretty stable for me - same boss, most of the same work - but it will be interesting to find out if they have any new info to share.

Want2be - Wish I had some advice for you, but I've never pulled a hammy before, so I'm not sure what would be best.

Pear - Hang in there! I get sick of eggs myself after a while. Maybe just a few days of P1 will help, and then you can have some oatmeal for breakfast.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I just woke up! Lucy is off to Morna's house and it's just Hershey and me around here this morning. Hersh slept downstairs as it was a muddy paw night and I have a white duvet.

The weekend seemed like a feeding frenzy! I was pleased to see the scale stay the same though. Today I have a pot luck at noon with my painting group but plan to take either a bean salad or devilled eggs.

Hamstrings,BeachBabe? Somehow I think heat and cold would help but maybe a call to the doc is in order. The Chicks in the Exercise Forum could answer that one for you. because I know how it hurts.

Pearshape, you did have a rough weekend - see! I do read all the posts! I am sure a few days on Phase I will get you back on track. Remember there are many other options besides eggs.

JanaM, it sounds like you have an interesting week ahead of you. Let's hope your workload doesn't get a major increase as they dump stuff on you from the emptied postions.

It's cool and rainy here today and will be another muddy paw day. At least it'll be only four paws, not the usual eight! I NEED COFFEE!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We woke up this morning to a noisy hailstorm! It looks like ice cubes all over the ground, pretty strange. I'm being really lazy this morning and not going to Curves, I'm too tired. I was awake most of the night, just couldn't sleep. I was hot, but afraid to open a window because of allergies. They're not bothering me right now, but I don't even want to chance it. I might take a little nap before I have to pick up the girls at noon. I plan to call my DR about allergy shots as soon as his office opens, too.

Want2be ~ Sorry about your hamstring. I don't know how to treat it, either, except maybe a heating pad?

Pearsy ~ Here's to you for getting right back on track! When you start getting bored with the eggs, how about trying the Mock Oatmeal or the Ricotta Filled Crepes? They both make a nice change, and you're still getting your eggs in.

Jana ~ I hope you have a good day at work today, with all the new changes. Your sister is really sweet to help you out while you're without a car. When will yours be ready?

I should take advantage of this break in the storms to hop in the shower. I may check back in later.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Good Morning, Ruth, we must have been posting at the same time. I'll join you for a coffee as soon as I'm out of the shower!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I have broken down and I took a Claritin this morning. I can't work feeling the way I feel. I'll just have to chug water all day long (more than usual) and hope I don't feel screwy from it.

Want: A pulled hamstring? I guess it just depends on the severity. I would definitely take ibuprophin (400 mg every 6 hours) and alternate ice and heat every 15 minutes. Sounds like you might need to call the doctor though. Hammy's are nothing to mess around with!

Morning Pear. Way to be, back on Ph1!

Jana, good luck with your meeting at work!

Hi Ruthie. Glad the scale stayed the same. When the pups come in from outside, do you ask them "Who has dirty feet?" That's what my mom and dad say to Oscar and Sophie, and they both bolt to the bath tub to take a bath.

Cottage, good luck with the allergy shots. I'm going to stick with my medicine for now and we'll see how the rest of spring goes. Hope you start feeling better!

Well, I guess I need to finish getting ready for work. Amazing how I have absolutely NO desire to go to work now. I have to keep telling myself "I'm a good person. I'm a good person." Doesn't help that I have three piano lessons after work. It's going to be a long day. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 04-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Hey

Hi to all! I survived the weekend in the ER and am glad to have a few days off. To all of you headed to work....I'm sorry. I never work on Mondays so I don't know what the Monday blahs are like. It is nice to have the house to myself. Today I'll run, clean and do nothing.

Ruth, a white duvet? Really, you are such an optimist.

Weezle, I would love to take piano lessons, could you do that online with me?

cottage, enjoy being lazy!

Jana, glad that your work isn't being too affected. Stable is good!

pear, I often end up eating a cheese stick and V8 instead of eggs, or I really dress up the eggs.........salsa is so good on them.

want2be, sorry about the injury. Motrin and gentle exercise, like pointing and flexing your feet while your leg is extended. Probably take several days but you should notice improvement. If not call the doc.

My son called yesterday, he left Ft Bliss and was headed to Germany then to Turkey and then to Kuwait where he'll be for two weeks, then off to Iraq. He chuckled when he said that some lady came up to him in the airport at a layover in Maine and said "it's hug a soldier day" and gave him a big hug. That put a smile on my face, THANKS LADY IN MAINE!

Anyway, things are quiet around my house, only my 14 year old dd left at home....sigh!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

RNMOM, yes, thanks to that lady in Maine. My friend Claire's SIL is going to be sent to Afghanistan this summer - I hope someone hugs him too.

Weezle, now that you are leaving, it's going to be such a hard week. You'll either be bored or swamped with work. Good luck with the Claritin. It makes me pretty wired, rather than drowsy.

Cottage, I absolutely hate hail for what it does to plants! It's a good idea to call your doc re allergy shots. I've been getting 4 shots every July for my ragweed allergy - expensive but worth it. I get PollinexR where the R is for ragweed. Duh! I've been doing it for 20 years now and it really works. I used to be completely incapacitated from August until frost. There are other types of Pollinex too - you may find one that works for you.

Hershey is asleep on the couch in the back room on both pillows. Somehow, I don't think she is going to miss her daughter too much for a while at least. She did sit and stare out the door after Lucy left with Morna last night but that could have been Morna adoration. I am the Empress of her world but Morna is the Goddess!

Off your butt, Ruthie! Go get the stuff to make a 3 bean salad for the darn potluck lunch.
I really would prefer to just stay home and sew on this dull rainy day!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #10  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

hey it;s been so long since I posted, I'm still playing with my same 2 lbs, what good friends they are...NOT

now I know a lot of people have mentioned that their weight goes up at TOM, I always seem to see my lowest numbers ever and then sure enough the next day my "friend" is here, screwy? anyway those lowest numbers have left the building...

but so has all my company, whoo hooo!! considering the diet busters were here for 5 days while I was redoing phase 1 for a week, I did amazing well, not 100% OP but out of the 2 FAMILY size bags of Doritos I only had about 3, out of the 2 orders of buffalo wings from Chili's I only had 1 wing, out of the ice cream cake I had none, so there were slips but i didn't drowned.

I hope everyone has a great week to end this month of chocolate bunnies and jelly beans.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #11  

Morning, ladybirds!

I'm feeling chipper -- my ticker is telling fairytales that would seem fantastically unbelievable, but two days in a row, I think the scale might not be lying. I went on Phase 1.5 (fruit added in only) and it has resulted in a six-pound loss since last Monday. Water weight, to be sure, but I did do a fair amount of exercising as well. We'll see what happens this week.

I have a scary job to do today -- it's my mother's birthday and I'll be trekking down to Boston's North End to one of the Italian pastry shops to buy the most delectable cake I can find. How cruel am I to myself? Now, I just need to figure out another gift for her! Any ideas of what moms who refuse to tell you what they want might need?

weezle -- I haven't posted in ages, but congratz on your job news and feel better!

Ruth -- good luck with the salad! Or the sewing, whichever takes precedence!

batmomm -- Bravo on minimizing the Dorito/ice cream cake consumption! I had one soy & flaxseed tortilla chip over the weekend and thought I'd die from yummy joy.

RNMOM -- Here's another for your son!

cottage -- Ricotta crepes? Sounds good, are they in the recipe section?

Jana -- Glad to hear your job is stable!

pearshape -- Dropping grains makes a huge difference in cravings for me; hope you'll have a good day!

want 2 -- Ouch! I'd be hitting the Motrin for a muscle strain.

Have a nice day, everyone!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning ladies,

all is okay here West Virginia.. I weighed in this morningand I lost 3 lbs.woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo...Take Care All

I am so glad I am at the point that I knew I was in a "funk" but I was conscious enough to go out and get Fruit. not chocolates and sweet treats.. and looking at the scale this morning was a happy moment,, I was just sure I would not have seen a result. with stress and eating ALOT of fruit this weekend...........

Last edited by MsCrockett; 04-24-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #13  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning ladies! I hope you all are doing great. I had a nice weekend, and I weighed-in this morning to find out that I was at my lowest weight ever! I'm not changing my ticker just yet because I'm still sort of in shock. I was stalling and stalling and stalling then I had some setbacks (i.e. bad choices in what I ate) but now I finally broke out of that. Hooray!

This weekend was gorgeous weather DH has a sprained ankle so we couldn't go far but we spent a lot of time lounging out on the patio. We even had some grilled fish last night - yum! The best dinner I've eaten in forever It's great when I eat perfectly healthy on-program stuff and I feel like I'm eating like a queen at the same time. That's the best.

Have a great day everyone! I have to run...
Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #14  

Morning Chicks!!!! No internet service and no Direct TV the whole weekend! And today its on and off a stormin! DH is at the allergist the morning hoping to get some kind of relief ...poor guy... sorry cant stay and chat... I'll check back in later!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #15  
Determined Loser!

Good morning everyone!

Been busy busy busy like usual so I don't have too much time to post until this evening. Just got back from step (so so so fun!) and I renewed my gym membership. It was my best friends birthday on saturday so I had a big weekend for her planning her a party and everything. A friend that works on cruise ships just came home at 1am this morning too, so I will be busy with her for the next while.

So far eating-wise I did good this weekend, except on saturday I had a bit of birthday cheesecake
So far exercise-wise I have done great and feel great!

Hope everyone has an awesome day!!
Closed Thread