South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/170/150

Default Does this sound like too much?

It seems like forever since I"ve had a good eating day. I tracked everything I ate, but I feel like I have been eating all day. I should go try to find my food journal from last year when I was doing really really good and losing weight on SB.

anyway, here's my list for today:
Coffee w/splenda
1/2 Whole grain bagel w/low fat cream cheese
small smoothie
v8

snack:
Sugar Free chocolate pudding

Lunch:
Whole Wheat wrap w/chicken, reduced fat sour cream/salsa/refried beans/lettuce
yogurt

Snack:
1 piece of celery w/natural peanut butter on it.

so far 33 ounces of water
2 glasses of crystal lite

Supper
salad w/ham/cheese/HB egg/lite ranch dressing
1/2 Whole wheat bagel w/reduced fat cream cheese
sugar free pudding (I know I shouldn't have eaten a second SF pudding but was trying to avoid the kids easter chocolate)

What do you think?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

to me it dont sound bad, I assume you are on Phase II, You ate more bread than I do.. but every one is different,, have you ever looked into fitday.com
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Beth,

You might try cutting back on grains for a week or two (if you don't feel like going back to Ph1.) Two bagels and a whole wheat wrap might be doing it to you, as well as the double pudding. Everyone's body is different, but if you cut back to 1 grain/starch per day for a week, you might see a boost in weight loss. It might be worth a try.

Or, you might try going back to Phase 1 and re-detox and go from there, slowly reintroducing the grains/starches back into your diet. Either one is worth a shot.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #4  

And don't forget to pile on the veggies with each meal...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/170/150

Yeah, after I looked I thought I didn't have enough veggies. As far as going back to phase 1....LOL I have tried a few times, and OMG, I hate phase 1! I always end up saying forget this and going back to eating some grains. I seem to do better staying on the diet if I do phase 2. But you are right, I probbaly should. OK, I think I will try phase 1 at least for a couple days, (But I'm not happy about it! LOL J/K)
Old 04-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #6  

I really think increasing the veggies may be the key. When I get my 4 1/2 cups of veggies (and not just salad), that is when I lose. They do fill me up. I rarely go back to phase 1 myself so it can be done without going back. I save phase 1 for when I have developed cravings.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

Beth, remember that on Phase 1 you can have a no sugar added fudgecicle that can replace your pudding. I eat the frozen peanut butter cup every night. Also remember in P1, or in my case at least, it's much better after the 3rd day.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #8  

Yeah, regardless of phase, up the veggies and lower your starches..besides the bready stuff - lots of hidden starches in the puddings..--and with the loss of the bready stuff, look for ways to use your Dairies . Maybe cottage cheeses or yogurts ?? Another thought too, is to take what you've listed, and run it though a calorie counter like Fitday to check your intake and carb/fat/protein breakdown.... you might find highcarb and FAt and not enough proteins...
imho
Closed Thread