Old 04-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Default Restarting -- motivation needed!

Hello,

I was posting fairly regularly last year & doing pretty well ---- & then it hit, another bad depression (& gained back all the weight I had lost in half the time). I'm soooo tired of this cycle & think that getting down to goal (or at least closer) would help me get the depression & my energy levels under control.

Those of you have been more successful than I at weightloss - does it get easier? When does it stop being a daily battle?

Thank-you everyone for your help keeping me get remotivated - & stay that way!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #2  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Wink

Hi Lifeguard ~ I know exactly what you mean with the weight battle! I have started and restarted on different days before, and FINALLY, something has clicked in my head this time! I finally had a talk with myself and thought, do I want to be at this exact weight, or even more, at this time next year? Last year in January, I said I was going to lose my weight by this time next year, and look where I am, still heavy and feeling NO BETTER. I'm doing it this time, even with the stress I've been going through with some family members, and I'm not letting anyone change my focus or interfere. I make the time for myself that I need, and I know I CAN and WILL succeed this time! I know YOU CAN do this, and coming here for support is a great thing to keep you motivated. If I can help with anything else, please let me know...
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

back!

While it never really gets "easier" in that we can never go back to eating the way we ate before or even anything resembling that (which, unfortunately, is often what people want to do--lose weight, get to goal, then eat "like everyone else"), it does become a habit if you make a commitment. IMHO, commitment is more important than motivation. Motivation wanes, and then where are you? Also, there's not a lot of motivation involved with maintaining, but I know I want to be successful forever so I am committed to eating and exercising this way for life.

Some things that have helped me during this journey are coming here, reading others' success stories (there are quite a few all over the internet), making exercise a daily habit, and making sure I have an environment that support my goals.

Hope that helps!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:52 PM   #4  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Smile

Hi Sheila ~ I totally agree with you on the COMMITTMENT word! You have to first commit to yourself before anything else will fall into place. I LOVE your picture! She is addorable! Have a GREAT day!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Thank-you for the support. I never framed it as committment before. Maybe I need to stop waiting for the motivation to move me & make a real committment.

Thank-you!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:37 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back, Lifeguard! Coming back is a great big step in the right direction!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #7  
Downsizing Dee!

Welcome back. I second everything that Sheila said!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #8  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! I'm where you are, starting again and trying to be successful this time. What makes this time different? I don't know. I feel like I'm ready. I've gone through some major life changes and I'm finally at a point where I can put myself first.

Michelle, great post. I think that way all of the time. January 2007, I expect to be half way to my goal. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Shelia, what a great way to put it. This is a lifelong commitment.

Good luck ladies!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote