General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #1  
takin it one lb at a time

Default Sponsers

What types of places should I talk to about sponsorships? I need to raise $2,200 for a walk for breast cancer that I'm doing. It's a 60 mile walk spanning over 3 days.
I don't really know who I should talk to about sponsering me though... besides the obvious, (friends, family, co-workers). Any ideas?

I'm trying to get in shape for the walk so I don't die trying to walk 60 miles in 3 days, lol.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Try - Local businesses and shops.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #3  

I was actually talking to a co-worker tonight... her sister is doing the walk in Ottawa. To raise money, she was having garage sales that all proceeds would go towards her walk... also, she was also doing some online auctions... um... selling frozen berries... i have no idea how you'd go about doing that. She plays sports, and i know her teamates were helping her out by hosting events where she would get the proceeds.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #4  
Marathon Goddess

Call your local chamber of commerce, I know ours does networking events where people come talk about what they are doing with local business owners, and get sponsors that way. Good Luck!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #5  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Walk to a few of the shops around the smaller ones. I know a bunch will do it as it is a tax write off for them. Like Tuffy does it and a few other shops.
Closed Thread