UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #1  

Default Motorcise....?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and was just wondering if any of you have been to a 'Motorcise' centre, and whether this type of exercise works (similar to toning tables)?

I have been today for a free trial session and it doesn't seem as though it will work, as you don't have to put a lot of effort in...? The lady there told me to expect to feel that way, but that it does actually work. Now she is going to tell me this isn't she as she wants me to join....

Does anyone know the actual cost also, as she was a bit vague about this.

Many thanks and thanks for this great forum - I really enjoy reading it,
Wendy x x
Emily_Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  
it's always something

If they work like the toning tables, then it isn't the same thing as exercise, since your muscles aren't really doing the work. You won't get much of a workout, if any at all. The machines are great for people that have certain health concerns and need to increase flexibility. They've even been shown to help lose a tiny amount of water weight (which will come back quickly) But they aren't going to help you burn fat or build muscle, which is the main point of exercise.

How I wish they did work, though, I'd probably have one in my living room

If you do decide to join, please try to do it short term and not sign a long term contract, just so you can be sure it's something your body will benefit from.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:46 AM   #3  

Thanks for your reply Suzanne. I guessed it was too good to be true... lol. I have decided to buy a Lateral hip & thigh trainer. I've read lots of good reports about it, and just hope that it gives me the motivation I need!
Emily_Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

I don't know what toning tables are, but these seem to be standard exercise equipment with motors ... fascinating! Actually, I think the "workout" would be quite helpful for elderly people or people (as you say, Suzanne) with limited mobility or who are very overweight as an aide to get started. However, the ladies in the pictures on the website look quite fit to me and probably don't need the motorized help to work the machines.

Dunno, not as wacky an idea as it first seemed when I read this thread ... would be cool for me now since I have a "running" injury and don't feel well generally ... just hop on and get a circulation, flexibility, strength boost aided by electricity!

However, the centers all appear to be in England, so I'm outta luck.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:20 AM   #5  
Coop class of '82

Try Curves, they have 9,500 locations all over the world, including the UK.

Did you see the silly names the Motorcise place has for the machines? "Peter Pecs", "Oliver Twister", "Arnie Legbetter", "Latty Legpress"? I just couldn't do it, I just couldn't!

Last edited by KimmyKat63; 04-09-2006 at 02:25 AM.
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #6  

How did I miss someone called Emily Howard?
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote