Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of April 3/06

Good morning! It's a balmy 65 here but the "winds of change" are moving in later today. They're calling for temps to drop this afternoon and rain will make an appearance and with it the possibility of light snow overnight. We shouldn't see anything here in town but the higher elevations could get a little.

The weekend was pretty busy--the meeting went well on Saturday and in the evening DS #1 and his girlfriend and DS #2 and I went out for dinner. It was really nice.

Yesterday I went shopping and couldn't find anything I really liked. I guess that's a good thing cuz I saved $$.

So how was everyone's weekend?

Hi to Lala, Susan, Pam, Lisa, Austingal!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #2  

Hi Melissa.

Weekend was pretty good. The Junos were held here in Halifax - Canadian music awards. Lots of celebs around, including Coldplay - a favourite group of mine at the moment. I didn't attend the awards show because I don't like awards shows, but it was hard to resist the excitement that resonated through town all weekend long.

I had a run-in with a huge chocolate bar on the weekend. Needless to say, I will have to be diligent if I'm to meet my Easter goal. It's within reach though.

Did a 16 km run with the group yesterday morning and I'm mighty proud of myself. My longest recent distance prior to that was just under 11 km, so it's an accomplishment. Maybe I can do the half this year, provided I get some hill training in soon.

Yesterday was also my Dad's birthday. He would have been 84. I bought a real ice cream cone in his honour - maple walnut. (He was not a frozen yogurt kind of guy.) Ate it sitting at a picnic table on the wharf near my new home. He would have enjoyed that view, despite the nippy wind.

Hi to Lisa, Pam, lala, Austin.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

It's gorgeous here--should be in the 80's, but we've had no rain! It is so dry. Played golf with DH twice this weekend; weather was perfect. We also saw a play on Saturday night, Not Now Darling--a comedy and it was very funny. On Sunday I sang in a Mendelssohn oratorio. It was tough coming into work today. I ran 5K yesterday (the course is the same as one I will run on 4/22). I tried very hard to stay OP all week, but the scale really didn't show anything.

Melissa, I can't believe you're still messing around with snow. Susan, I like Coldplay also. That's great that you ran so far. Chocolate is always a problem for me.

Hello to Pam, lala, Austingal.

Susan
Old 04-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  

Melissa: Did you get snow yesterday? It's overcast here this morning and a bit cool. Our biggest weather headache recently has been wind.

Lisa: Temps in the 80s would do me loads of good right now, particularly if the humidity was low. I am looking at all of the sell-offs for Cuba and thinking I should just pick up and go. But then I look at my bank account, and that shocks me back to reality.

Things have taken a bad turn here at work. Long story, but it has not been a happy place over the past few months, and I've reached the end of my rope. I have an appointment with my GP this afternoon and another on Thursday with my old department to discuss my options. I don't need more stress at this point in my life, and this just isn't a good environment for me right now.

Where is lala? I fear we have lost her, and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye and wish her well. Whaaaa!!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  

Good morning! The sun is shining here this morning

Susan: I'm happy to report that there was NO snow this morning! The forecast is calling for a possibility of 2" but I'm hoping it's wrong. Yesterday we hit 70 degrees and today it's a cool 36! We had some strong t'storms roll through yesterday afternoon and some rain with the front but for the most part it wasn't too bad. I'm ready for some nicer temps.

Lisa: This time of year is always nice down your way--I usually like to visit my GF in April/May because the humidity isn't too much of a factor yet.

Lala: We're missing you here!! I hope things are going well with you and that you'll be back on board.

It's been busy here at work--lots of things going on--end of the school year, orientation, etc. It makes the day go by quick!

Hi to Pam, Austingal, Lala!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #6  

Susan, sorry to hear about your work situation. When we spend more than 1/3 of each day there, it needs to be a place we want to be. I hope it works out for you or you find another position soon. I've been wondering about lala, too.

Melissa, yes, the humidity is still low. I was wondering if you would get those bad storms. It was scary what happened in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Went to WI last night and was up 1/2#. That wasn't bad, but not what I wanted as I was OP last week. I think I'm retaining water again. Ran 2 miles this morning, so I'm definitely doing my AP's.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #7  

Well the snow came back This morning we had about 6" and we may get another 1-2"...just when you thought the weather was getting better! Tomorrow the temps are supposed to be in the 50's but we'll see. I'm hoping that most of this will melt off as the day progresses. The roads/sidewalks were a little slippery this morning on the way into work.

More later.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #8  

Snowing here too Melissa. Got about an inch yesterday and has been snowing most of the morning. Temps are suppose to reach almost 50 so hopefully it will melt. I want Spring weather back.

Susan hope your meeting yesterday with your GP went well. No, you cetainly don't need that kind of stress. Good luck, let us know how things work out.

Lisa up 1/2 lb isn't bad. It probably is water. I just can't seem to lose anything lately. Went shopping this past weekend and my regular size pants seem a little tight. Did end up getting a pair of capris and a pair of jeans a size larger but they seem to loose. I just need to drop 5 lbs and everything will fit well again.

Well ladies I'm out of here early today to bring Lauren to a doctor's appt. Hope you all have a great day. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #9  

Snow??? It's April! Oh, I feel so bad for you, Melissa and Pam. C'mon spring.

Pam, I went shopping, too and I was dismayed at how some things fit. Then again there were other clothes that were too big. The sizing anymore can drive a woman up a wall. I do think the gain was water, but I still expected some loss.

Found out that my aunt, uncle, and cousin in California are doing WW and have all lost about 20 pounds each. They're on the way!! I'm glad for them. I sent them some recipes, including your six-week muffins, Melissa.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #10  

Good morning! Gloomy day here in PA--it was raining when I came into work this morning and I'm hoping it'll clear up a little. Temps are hovering around 49 so it's better than what we had earlier! The snow is melted.

I, too, have to admit do not like the way clothes fit when I'm out trying them on. I've been having a hard time finding pants! Grrr.

DH and I are hopefully going on a road trip Saturday to Cleveland area. He wants to go to Trader Joe's. I've never been to one but from what I've heard they have some great foods

Anyone else have plans?

Hi to Lala, Austingal! Hope you're doing okay!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #11  

Hi! It's going to be very warm here today and we may get some rain tomorrow (Hooray)--never thought I would say that about rain.

What is Trader Joe's, Melissa? I haven't been to Cleveland in years. Is it nice there?

I'm in a race to support one of the community theaters here tomorrow morning--just a 5K, that's my limit. Then on Sunday, I fly to Atlanta for a professional conference. I'll be back on Wednesday.
Closed Thread