UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #1  
Heather/Caterpillar

Default I'm home!

Hey all
Just got back from London, was amazing! I was helping out the Teenage Cancer Trust, making sure the teenagers had a good time. I saw the comedy night with Ricky Gervais, the Goldfrapp night and last night was Bloc Party. I hadn't heard of any of these before but I really enjoyed it! Goldfrapp were amazing, after the show they came and spent over an hour chatting and signing autographs for the teenagers and last night Bloc Party did the same, then the support group, Biffy Clyro came in to ask if they could meet the teenagers which is really refreshing after last year when Peter Kay refused to meet people on the grounds that 'he would get upset'. Diet wise, did well, didn't exactly stick to liquid only because I didn't always have time to mix up the shakes but I would have little bits of vegetables during the day and then have the shake in the evening (about 2am) when I got back to the hotel. I got home though and according to my scales I have dropped a couple of pounds and I'm back on it 100% today! I kept checking and I remained in ketosis the whole time. It was so hard especially when the OH had asked me to get him some krispy kreme donuts...driving home with the smell filling the car...torture!
Did I miss anything (I'm too lazy to read everything!)?
Heather x
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #2  

Sounds like a good time had by all. I'm sure Goldfrapp are ace live. Well done on your helping out and not going off the rails. Shakes at 2am takes dedication.

Donuts! Good grief, give him a whack on the head from me.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  
Heather/Caterpillar

I will do, but at least now they are home I don't even have a chance at eating them, he is guarding them like a grenadier as we speak!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hiya Heather!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ricky Gervais!! And I love Peter Kay also--too bad he disappointed the teens last year!

Oh, and I didnt know they had Krispy Kremes in the UK!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #5  
Heather/Caterpillar

We haven't had them long and they are mainly only in the south, they have got as far north as Birmingham now!!! My OH loved them and it is the main thing he misses from the US, that and Krystals which I don't understand because I had them years ago and they weren't too great as I remember!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #6  
Heather/Caterpillar

Btw...I'm in Take a Break with my mum this week. Christie Hospital asked us to do it and they got cash for it...full of emotional doo doo as usual. I'm the one whose mum asked for cancer instead of me allegedly...hmmm...
Old 03-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #7  

Oh I love Goldfrapp and Bloc Party - jealous. We saw Bloc Party at Leeds festival one summer, they were ace live.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #8  
Heather/Caterpillar

The lead singer was so gorgeous up close too! He was really quiet and seemed quite shy!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015
Btw...I'm in Take a Break with my mum this week. Christie Hospital asked us to do it and they got cash for it...full of emotional doo doo as usual. I'm the one whose mum asked for cancer instead of me allegedly...hmmm...
I'll look out for you. My sister gets that, I get all the trash mags passed on. I only buy quality ones like umm Closer! I'm addicted to the 'what's in your fridge' page there should be a mag just called that.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:48 AM   #10  

I might buy it, just to see your smiling face.

Glad you had a good time. I've seen Goldfrapp live, they are amazing! I didn't like them til I saw them live. Allison Goldfrapp is so gorgeous, I want to be just like her when I grow up!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:01 AM   #11  
Heather/Caterpillar

Me too lol!!! I met her backstage (oooh get me!) and she is tiny, not just thin but so petite all over, tiny hands, tiny features, tiny feet. She didn't actually seem that skinny because it just looked right on her size. When she was on stage though I thought she looked thin and there was another girl (possibly called Angie?) playing the keyboard and I thought she was overweight so when I met her I was actually quite surprised that she was probably only a size 10 if that but next to Alison she looked like a heffalump.