Old 03-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229

Height: 5'4"

Default Where Do I Begin?

I need to lose weight and just don't know where to begin. There are so many plans out there and I am confused. I've done WW but that seems to be a lot of counting points, etc.

I want be on some kind of a plan that I don't have to really think too hard about it. I don't overeat (portions). I don't eat bread. I eat GoLean Crunch cereal, Progresso soup.

Someone help me...please.

Heidi
SWTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Sure we can help you. Why don't you give us a list of everything you ate yesterday and tell us what you like to do for activities. We'll tweak toward healthy for you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Well W/W has 2 different programs now one that you count (FlexPoints) and one where you dont (Core). With points it is really no different than counting calories but to make it healthier you count fat and fiber too. On the Core portion you can eat until satisified (which is not necessarily even full but that is more specifics than I can go into right now) from a list of foods -- no measuring, no counting. If there is something that is not on the list you have set amount of points to utilize for those foods a week.

What you do is find a program that fits your life and you will be comfortable doing it for life (be it Atkins, SBD, W/W or just counting calories)...you make a plan, grocery shop, plan in some activity/exercise and just do it.

Personally as a nutrition student W/W Core with some watching of portions along with learning when you are satisified or a like program (SBD Phase II is really close to W/W Core program) is the most recommended type of program.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Default HI I don't follow any plan...

I have never been able to follow them, because I like to eat varied food, and I don't eat Chicken or red meat. I do use Fitday.com to log my food.I try not to eat more than 16oo calories a day, and watch that it is all not from Carbs,which is hard for me, but I am trying to be more careful. I also watch portions and try to vary my food.
For breakfast I eat something like this :
either lowfat yogurt or 2 hardboiled eggs, and 2 pieces toast.
Lunch : 2 plain veggie hamburgers( no bread) or tomato soup with some crackers. some times I will put pico de gallo with the hamburgers, or a salad.
Dinner: salad, sometimes fish, or a baked sweet potato, or hummus with veggies .
snacks: fruit, granola bar, sorbet ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese.
This is just my idea, you can do whatever you want. Good luck.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #5  

The thing is to lose weight you must burn more calories than you take in. This is the miracle recipe. I suggest than you start getting active whether it's only taking a walk each day. You can also do push-ups and sit-ups or something like that to work your muscle and boost your metabolism. As for me, I don't think that you should cut down all sugar and white flou things. Of course, it's easier because they contain tons of calories and make you crave them a lot which can lead to you eating more calories than needed. So you should eat what you want, but if possible cut down on sugar and carb and fatty things which are not good for your cardiovascular systems. Eat more vegetables and fiber ( keep you full longer), this is low calories. Start by taking small steps. For exemple, say to yourself if you had two desserts a day that from now on you will only eat one a day.
Hope it helps.
cool90 is offline   Reply With Quote