Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #1  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Default So far..this is working...for me.

Some of you may of read my "miserable" post a a couple of weeks ago. I have yo-yoed back and forth with the same 10 pounds for a year now....LC does work, so does SugarBusters "if you stay on it". The problem for me with LC, is that yes, your blood work will lower as long as you stick to it., but if you don't stick to it, your just eating unhealthy foods with lots of fat....my cholesterol is sky high! SugarBusters is a great healthy way of eating for life...but it's difficult for me I think because I tried to just :::BAM::: change my eating. So what I have been doing, is eating whatever I want and making healthy choices. Yesterday I had a normal size portion of Lasagna and a sandwich of tuna fish on half a piece of WW (the "long" kind) bread toasted, and lots of water. I wasn't hungry. I have been exercising during the commercials of shows I like doing tummy crunches...on the couch because I have disc problems at the end of spine, and using my Airofit glider. I actually feel pretty good and I feel like I am maybe off my binge that I have been on now for about 3 weeks! Part of it is physiological I know, because I don't feel as if there is food I "have" to eat and I don't feel as if there is food that "can't" eat....just trying to make healthy and wise choices. I'll let you guys know how it goes long term. For one....I think the exercise is really helping me in a physiological way! I think it's keeping me going, but it's tough with my work schedule...I just have to try harder to fit it in!
LadyVatrovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Sounds like you have the right idea. I hate to see when people beat themselves up because they had a little piece of cake or some rice with a meal. If we are going to make lifestyle changes and not have this be just another diet then we have to be realistic and it is not realistic to think that we will go the rest of our lives never having another piece of cake or some rice or cookies or whatever it may be. You just have to know not to overdo it, and if you feel like you can't have cake without overdoing it then maybe you should have it few and far between. Your food choices for yesterday sound great. I love lasagna too. YUM!

I love the idea of exercising during the commercials. I really to work out my stomach and back more (especially because I have large breasts and it messes up my posture if I'm not paying attention to how I sit). I should go online and get some exercises and do some during commercials of an hour show. Thanks for the idea!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 AM   #3  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Teahunny...you are more than welcome! I have to do my tummy crunches on the couch as I have disc problems in my lower spine and the floor hurts them...I too am very large busted, so I know where your coming from there! The Airofit is a Tony Little Gazelle Glider knock off...I love it! I just air glide through a half hour show.
LadyVatrovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #4  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I think you ladies have hit the nail squarely on the head. I've found that erasing that "Forbidden Foods" mentality has been incredibly liberating for me! When I used to think "You can't have that", it made that food so much more desireable. Now that I say "You can have it, but do you really want it?", I find myself making much better choices.

I really can see myself doing this for life now!

I also try to move during commercials. May as well make good use of that 5 minutes, rather than just vegging on the sofa! Every extra calorie expended counts!

Looks like we well-endowed ladies think alike!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote