Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default Taking Forever!

Hey Everyone, I am new here and thought I would give this a try. First I will introduce myself. My name is Courtnie, I am 20 and have been overweight my whole life. (I blame the doctor that put me on a get fat diet the day I was born! hehe) Anyway, I have tried many times to lose weight but never stuck to it. This time I feel totally different and I KNOW I am going to stick to it no matter what it takes. I have some great people that keep me on track but I am starting to get a bit frustrated (but I will not give up!). I have been working at this for over a month and only saw the scale move down (5 pounds – and I am very happy with that!) last week. I eat very healthy (probably eating at about half the calories/fat/carbs I was eating before), go to the gym 3 days a week, and drink at least 3 liters of water a day. Perhaps I am just not giving it enough time?

Anyway just looking for any tips and thought maybe a little bit of extra support would do me some good!

Thanks!

Oh – I weigh 210 (started at 215) and I am 5’3.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #2  
lonnie

S/C/G: 210/208/145

I think that what you are doing is great and just keep up the good work you do just need to be patient, Thats something ive been telling myself as well. It takes time but as long as you keep the attitude you will do it.
yalondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79458

I give you this thread to read...if you think it will help yoiu to plan a better day try it..
All of us on the thread only plan one day at a time.

Keep up the good work and Stay with it.
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

It sounds like you're doing the right thing. Maybe try posting your food and/or workout schedule. It's possible you could be eating too little. As crazy as that sounds.

Anyway, You'll have a great time here and find tons of support and ideas.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Eating too little? Will that prevent weight loss? I just started eating even less then I was because I wasn't having any luck.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #6  
Working on Hot!

Yes to little is not good you may need to add more

What dose your day look like?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #7  

Even if you aren't eating too little...1/2ing your intake puts your body into shock so it may take awhile to see the loss. a more gradual decline in calories wouldn't shock your body as badly. Just give it time and make sure you are eating enough...

AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #8  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Courtney! I find the website www.fitday.com to be quite helpful. It helps me micromanage what is going into my mouth (which is a necessary evil for me, if I'm going to lose weight...). The best part is it's free!

Good luck with your plan! Be patient with yourself, even when it's hard. If you're sticking to a plan, then eventually the pounds will start to come off, I promise! Good luck!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Well today:

B- 1 piece of toast with 1tbsp cream cheese (I normally have some fruit or yogurt too, but I wasn't very hungry this morning) - 1 cup of coffee with two cream and 1 sugar (don't have that every morning)

L- baby carrots, cottage cheese (maybe about half a cup - sometimes I have salad instead) - a couple rice crackers and 1 piece of beef jerky

S - (if I get hungry I will have) couple more rice crackers and/or fruit source bar

D- tonight we are having chicken breast (boneless/skinless probably with some sort of seasoning - maybe shake n' bake, but ill probably scrape as much off as I can!) and veggies and baby potatoes (probably only have 2 or 3)

And I am working on my 3rd liter of water!

It sure sounds like a lot when you write it all out!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help! It really does make a difference coming here... even tho this is my first day - I can tell already. I think my boyfriend is getting sick of me talking about losing weight
Old 03-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #11  
Working on Hot!

Get a note book and start loging in it everyday...get the fitday acc...Plan what you are going to have every day I try for 1200 to 1500 a day I was a 1000 to 1100 and I did not lost a thing When I up my cal I lost 4lbs....You may want to try this for a week and see if it helps you...
Old 03-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

I do write down everything I eat in a day! Thanks - I will check out fitday!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #13  
Working on Hot!

I forgot to say(sence Susan is not here) try to get is some protein...(picks up fork for the last bite of tuna)
Old 03-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
It sure sounds like a lot when you write it all out!
haha, I was just thinking it didn't sound like much at all! I mean, one piece of toast for breakfast? That's not much to get your day started with! Even with fruit, I would think you might want a little more protein in there somewhere (not sure how much protein is in cream cheese, though).

Anyway, yes, you may be eating too little--not eating enough can tell your body to store calories rather than burn them and can also slow your metabolism. It is a possibility. However, having lost 5 pounds in a month is PERFECT! "They" say that healthy weight loss is only .5-2 pounds per week, so you're right in there at about 1.25 pounds per week (average). Losing slowly will make it easier for you to KEEP the weight off, and isn't that an even more important part of the battle? I mean, what good is to lose 50 pounds only to gain back 75?

Also, if I understand you correctly, you lost 5 pounds in one week after having been on your plan for a month. This happens sometimes, too. I can go WEEKS without a loss, and then BAM have a big loss that makes up for all that time the scale wouldn't move. Maybe you could try only weighing yourself once a month--it might show you better numbers and keep you more motivated

If I were you, I would start by inputting all of your foods into Fitday or Nutridiary.com to see just how many calories you're eating (or you can just keep track with pencil and paper). Generally, it is not recommended that you go below 1200 calories a day without a doctor's supervision, plus if you're exercising, you may need even more in order to provide your body proper energy and nourishment. I'm sure lots of other folks on here will follow up with tons of helpful hints and tips
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #15  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Well to me, 5 lbs in a month seems perfectly naturally. That's averaging just over 1 lb a week and that is great. Some people have really rapid loss, others don't, you just got to take it as you get it. I tend to average about 1 lb a week and they don't drop off neatly one week at a time, sometimes not at all.

I'm sure you're sick of hearing this...but the slower you lose the easier it will be for you to maintain it. In fact, as you are losing you are learning how to maintain that next level of your weight. Over time you will slowly build new and healthy habits that you will keep for life. Don't stress too much, the scale is moving and I think that's all you can ask for.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote