Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default if you happy and you know it clap your hands

welcome all this is my monthly check in i've been so busy recently and my system has been offline for nearly a month due to a few problems. how is everyone. well the weight is falling off me but not in a good way i'm eating 1 decent meal a day at the moment due to a rather serious lack of money and this will last for about another 6 weeks until my student loan comes in. i've taken to sleeping alot as sleeping doesn't cost money! on the flip slide i have no money for beer and i've only been drunk once since christmass.

i have literally no money at all untill the end of april and i have 4 bags of rice and some tuna to last me 6 weeks. luckily rachael is subbing my food intake so i get atleast one good meal a day
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

You might check with welfare, see if you can get food stamps. Or you might learn about some of the food banks they have where on certain days of the month they give food to low income people. Really no one should have to survive on so little. Make some phone calls, they do have emergency help for people in your situation.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey Si, good to see you. I would definitely check into some food banks or get two more girl friends that will feed you a meal. Seriously though if things are bad churches that have food banks can be a great help.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, Si. It's a long time since I worked at the Social over there, but it used to be that the best you could hope for would be to apply for a Crisis Loan from the Social Fund. If they approve it, you'd have to pay it back when your student loan arrives.

Other options are churches, as Howie mentioned, or getting in touch with a student counsellor at Uni. They should have something in place to help people out who are in your situation. Your bank may grant you an [extension] overdraft for the short term. As a last resort, you could always sing on the street corner.

Tuna and rice may be healthy food, but not if that's all you're eating.

Good luck in getting something sorted.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote