General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #1  

Last edited by liz321; 03-17-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Liz~~What happened? Did you change your mind about posting your thread?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  

Too many views and no help and I am really upset. Thanks for asking 2B

L
Old 03-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #4  

Liz--it says you last edited at 11:03 pm yesterday. I don't know about anyone else, but I was asleep. Possibly people can help this morning, now that we're awake? As for views--I've added three, but I didn't see your original post. What's going on? At least I and 2B are watching, we'll help if we can. What's going on?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #5  

I think my dd14's friend is bulimic......I caught her making herself sick last night........I haven't been able to sleep all night........I only know about the textbook stuff....don't know what to do......her parents, her etc.

I will definately talk to my dd when her friends go home today.

L

Thanks for asking mousie
Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Liz, no wonder you are upset. Perhaps the chicks in Chicks In Control can help you a bit.
By the way, I know I owe you a PM. I just may send you an email to catch up!
(((Liz)))
Old 03-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Liz - Sorry to hear the your daughter's friend might be bulemic. That is really rough - it is so destructive. There is a great website on eating disorders that I had forgotten about but saw mentioned here recently, which is www.something-fishy.org. If she is bullemic, then I hope she can find some help.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:08 PM   #8  

Oh Liz, no wonder you're upset!

Can you talk to her parents? Can you talk to the friend? I know it's a fine line to dance, 'interfering' with other people's kids, but they probably don't know this is happening. And as for the friend--she may think she's growing up, but she's still very young and this needs to be nipped in the bud NOW. By all means, talk to your OWN daughter about this--she most likely knows about her friend already, but she's young and she'll need some guidance on how to handle it.

Nancy suggested something fishy, and that's a great website. Consider going to your local library and seeing what you can find there, too (those books are...approximately 618, if I remember right from working there...) Possibly see if there's something available in your community, too.

I'm sorry you're in this bad place.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:31 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone I have been so upset today I can't get anything done.

I appreciate your support.....I got scared off last night, thinking maybe it was a tabooo subject that no one wanted to touch.

Thanks again.

L
Old 03-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #10  

I don't think there's any taboo subjects here...hmm. Maybe pro-ana/pro-mia stuff (pro eating disorders, basically, which you're definitely not!). I think really it was just a case of not many people were awake, and those who were awake didn't know what to say. I'm in the Pacific time zone, so if it was late evening for ME it's a pretty safe bet lots of people were sleeping! Remember to give everyone time to respond, okay?

What is your plan of attack now? What do you think would be a good first step?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #11  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hi Liz... I agree with what others have said, you should probably talk to your daughter, and the girl's parents. I hope she can get the help she needs.. good luck.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #12  

The girls came and hung out with me for awhile this morning which they usually do......so we talked for awhile about mom's and daughters etc........just trying to establish the relationship.......though I notice she is drawn to me when she visits.........will talk to my daughter through.........just want to approach it gently.......I'll keep in touch.

L

The girl doesn't know I know.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Liz, thats so hard. Poor thing is in my prayers.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #14  
swim and be free

S/C/G: 280 cw & gw160lbs

i'm sorry to hear about your daughters freind,find out what you can and tell some one cause my sister did this for about 8yrs and finialy got help ,but she did some damage to her throut.hopefully she can get the help she needs.I've got a doosy to tell also.some how tonight i was cleaning out my archive mail w/so many memoiries in it and DELETED THE WHOLE THING,it's all gone and beleive me i'm so upset with myself.stupid,stupid,stupid...peanuts):
Old 03-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #15  

I know a 14 yr old that was doing that. I set down with her and told her that I know she wanted to lose weight , but how did she feel about losing hair and teeth she didn't know about that and has been doing good now. You need to talk to her with know one else around and get her to tell her mom or dad her self if you can. If not you have to say something to them about it. The longer this goes on the harder it will be for her to stop.
I know how you feel because the 14 yr old I'm talking about is my dd.
Closed Thread