Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #1  
AJ

S/C/G: 204/165/140

Default Chips?

My leader pointed out that the Trader Joe's Whole Grain Salsa Fresca chips are core. Sounds good, but I have been told by others that my leader is wrong and no chips are core. Any thoughts? Please help.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry, but I don't know. We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere around here so I've never seen them. I think that no chips are Core due to the possibility of them being abused though. Most people (me included) can't stop once I get started on some things.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

AJ, I have a TJ's and I'm going there in the next couple of days. I'll look at them to see what I think. I agree with Kathy that WW will NEVER call any kind of chips Core. You'll have to look at the ingredients and probably decide for yourself. Do they use healthy approved oil? I make oven fries with potatoes and healthy oil and call them Core even though I think WW would not. I hope that helps you.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #4  
banned

whats not core about spuds and oil?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Probably because things like chips have a potential for being over-indulged in. Even if something is on the approved list, like potatoes, it is possible to abuse and overeat them.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #6  

Those chips soak up too much of the oil - chips got us fat!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #7  
jadedjane

Geni-Soy makes a couple kinds of chips (potato/soy and regular soy crisps) They are'nt core, but... for 100 calories, 7 grams of protien, 2 grams of fiber, little to no fat... the stats aren't all that bad. You get about 20 chips per serving and a pretty nice assortment of flavors (like roasted onion and garlic - my fave). It's not core, but it's worth the splurge and widely available. I have found them in supermarkets in Tennissee, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, and, of course, my home state - California.

Sometimes I'll use them crumbled into a salad or crushed up like bread crumbs for cooking.

Just a thought
Jane.

start weight: 310 (October 2004)
current weight 145. Core from day one, 5 weeks into maintainance now
Closed Thread