Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Lightbulb More PTS in AM or PM

I've always tried to use only a few points at breakfast and then increase them per meal as the day progressed. Mostly using 3 or 4 for breakfast, 8 to 10 for lunch then using 12 or 14 for dinner, plus or minus points for a snack or two during the day. In my family we've always had our big meal for the day at dinner so I'm sure that's why I do this. I wonder though if there might be something wrong with that thinking. Afterall after you eat breakfast you're up for 15 or 16 more hours but when you eat dinner you're usually only up for 3 or 4 more hours. Shouldn't we eat our big meal so it'll benefit us more? huh...i wonder... What do you all think?

I'm thinking maybe I'll try to use more of my points earlier during the day so that I'm not eating a big meal so close to bedtime. Ok...I've already started this week normal-like. So as I plan next week's menu I'll plan on having a bigger breakfast and a smaller dinner for the week. Then I'll see if my theory works. Probably not but at least it changes up my routine
Old 03-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I think it is common sense that if we eat more points earlier in the day, we will burn them off more easily than if we eat a big meal and then go to sleep an hour or two later. My SIL and BIL have this thing where they have to give their kids a bedtime snack b/c they think the kids can't wait til breakfast to eat. Then they wonder why the kids are getting fat...to me it's not rocket science. If you give kids ice cream sandwiches and then put them right to bed, they are not going to burn off those calories as easily.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #3  

I just read an article that says people that eat more calories at breakfast eat less throughout the day. Which makes sense really. They also said that people that ate eggs for breakfast eat even less through the day. What I do is use about 6 points for breakfast but I spread it out. I may have 1/2 a bagel at 9, a yogurt at 10 and a peice of fruit at 11. Then I eat about a 6 point lunch and snack throughout the day making sure to leave at LEAST 9 points for dinner, preferrably 10. This way I can have a 7 point dinner with a 3 point dessert. And I eat dessert later so I am not hungry. I hope that helps. I think it's whatever works best...regardless of what time you eat, if you stay within your points, you are going to lose the weight.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #4  
Certified Diva

S/C/G: 204.2/162.6/145

I spread mine out pretty evenly - using 5-6 per meal and 2 or so for snacks
Old 03-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #5  

I know the concept of not eating late but if you are already resticting your intake I don't think it matters. I mean, since you have already reduced your food with WW you need to get all of your points in. I don't eat everything at night but I have had a few days that I have about 15 left for dinner. I really don't know how that happened but it did and I got them all in. I felt stuffed then but the next morning all way fine. I don't always do this but I really don't think it is a problem. Of course I am no expert and I don't pretend to be so maybe some other people will have something to say.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I try to spend about 4-5 points on breakfast and make sure I eat some protein -i.e. Turkey bacon, an egg or toast with peanut butter - I find this tides me over from 7:30 am to about 11:00 and then I have a yogurt or piece of fruit as a snack.
Closed Thread