WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #1  

Default Question about setting weight goal

Granted, I am about 10-15 lbs. away from this depending on how you look at it, but I'm wondering how you set your weight loss goal for the long term. A friend told me that after I lose 10%...which is in 4 lbs, I'll have to set a final weight loss goal. And she says after I reach that goal, I will never have to pay for WW again as long as I can maintain that weight either up three or down three and as long as I go to a meeting once a month. Is this right?

Here are my concerns:

1. What if I set the goal too high and then I get to that weight and I realize that it could maybe have been lower? Granted, 150 is about the best weight for me. I've been as low as 142, but had to run 4 miles a day to maintain it, and then it just started creeping up to 150 again no matter how I adjusted my eating.

2. What if they tell me to set it too low? If they say 145 and, like I said above, I can't maintain it...do they adjust for that?

3. And finally, I weigh in for WW at the end of the day with all of my clothes on. Well, that's much different than my weight at the beginning of the day with no clothes on before I shower. So do I (in my head) aim for 150 on my own scale, but set it at 153 there to be on the safe side?

Now after I've typed this all out, I'm realizing how neurotic it is. But still, if you've been there and done this before and can offer insight, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradydave
1. What if I set the goal too high and then I get to that weight and I realize that it could maybe have been lower? Granted, 150 is about the best weight for me. I've been as low as 142, but had to run 4 miles a day to maintain it, and then it just started creeping up to 150 again no matter how I adjusted my eating.
You can change your declared goal weight at any time however most leave it a higher number than they actually want and then go lower to give themselves a buffer zone. Most places will not say anything as long as you don't fall below the lowest weight of your height range. My region is not more than 10 pounds below your declared goal...they will ask you to redeclare your goal weight.

Quote:
2. What if they tell me to set it too low? If they say 145 and, like I said above, I can't maintain it...do they adjust for that?
They don't set your goal you do so they won't tell you want to set it at.

Quote:
3. And finally, I weigh in for WW at the end of the day with all of my clothes on. Well, that's much different than my weight at the beginning of the day with no clothes on before I shower. So do I (in my head) aim for 150 on my own scale, but set it at 153 there to be on the safe side?
You can set your goal at anything you wish. However if you are utilizing the W/W goal for your official weight then you set it as what you want for that TIME/DAY weighing.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #3  

This was all very helpful. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

You can also get a note from your doctor stating what a healthy weight she/he thinks you should be at and present that to your leader.

I had to do this as they set my goal as 155lbs and no matter what I tried I could not get below 159. My doctor set my goal as 160lbs and that is what I am sticking to. I feel this is a reasonable weight to be able to maintain for myself.
Closed Thread