Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default When does it get easier!?

Hi everyone,

So I was wondering, does anyone else have this same problem? All I do is think about food all day long, alot of the times so much that it makes me hungry even when I am not. I think about what I could be eating, what I am not eating, and unless I my mind is occupied with something else that is all I think about.
Will that ever end? Does anyone else do this?
Thanks for reading!
Stacey
CanadianSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Stacey, I do have days like that. And I used to feel that way every day, so I hear you.

Because I'm changing my eating patterns with my new program (three meals plus three snacks), I think I'm focusing less than I used to on food. I know I can eat every couple of hours, and my body doesn't go into starvation mode because I've missed a meal.
When I do think about food now, I'm less inclined to think about my old favourites (chips, chocolate, etc). I just don't want to put that crap into my body anymore. I'm exercising and I'm losing weight, and I'm feeling good about myself. I don't want that feeling to stop, you know?
Yesterday I had a bad day when I heard that a good friend had died, and I ate six chocolate popsicles and two little meatpies. Solace.
But I added it to my food journal, and I'm moving on today.
Right now, I can feel the ache in my stomach and my sides from doing sit-ups, and I like that feeling!

I think if you can try to focus on your body and its needs, it can become easier. Think of the food as fuel, not a reward. I know it's hard, but I think it's possible... you can do this, hon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #3  

Ellis,

I am very sorry to hear about your friend.
Thank you for your input, I am sure you are right and I think of food as a reward, which after years of overeating that would be so true!
I hear you about the aching body, my arms are killing me right now, I did my circut training workout two times through yesterday with weights and my arms are telling me off today
Good for you and the exercise, you have a great positive attitude!
Take care,
Stacey
CanadianSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you, Stacey. You're a sweetheart.
Good for you doing the weight workout!! Don't you LOVE that pain!?
Keep it up, girl... we're going to be fit and fabulous this summer!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote