South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Default I want to hear how You are doing....

HI! Its Debbie. I'm starting day 12 of Phase I. I have had 2 times during the first 11 days where I had to "cheat" just a little bit. I have lost approx. 8 pounds. I know that is great for this amount of time but I still want to see more!!! It feels like the loss has stalled a litttle. Yesterday was my daughter's b-day. I only ate a tiny 1/4 of a piece of reg. cake and that was the first sugar I've had in 10 days. I am going to be strict today.

Those in Phase 2 - How much have you lost? Have you been strict? TEll me a little bit of your experience!!! Thanks!
I have to work today so I'll not be able to check back on here until late this afternoon! Have a great Sunday everyone! (love that little icon!)
Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

As of today i have lost 42 since Sept. Going strong and still loving it. Have my days of indulgence of non-SB things but just pick myself up and continue on. I can't imagine going back to the way I used to eat. Taco Bell used to be my favorite haunt but now thinking of that only makes me sick to my stomach. Keep going. It's a great way of life.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations on your 8 lb. loss, Debbie! That's a lot of weight to lose in only 12 days, so you're doing fantastic!
I seem to lose weight much better on Phase 2. Actually, I really do more like a Phase 1.5, and it seems a lot of the Chicks here do the same. I limit my grains to 1 or less a day, and have maybe 1 piece of fruit a day. If I follow that plan religiously, I can lose 1 to 3 lbs. in a week. I'm pretty close to my goal right now, so the weight is getting harder to come off, so I make sure I get a good workout at least 5 times a week, too.
Keep up the good work, you're doing great!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/200/140

I am new to this board and on day 13, Phase I but have eased into Phase II, because my cravings have gone away and I have lost about 7 lbs. I did have some last night but that was because I waited too long to eat dinner but I woke up tis a.m. had some cottage cheese. Today I am going with some friends to a hockey game, this will be my first social occasion while on SBD. I plan to have lunch before I leave and I will bring a snack and buy water there. I hope to incorporate more excercise next week. So far I really love SB. I am getting into better eating habits and am more mindful about what I eat, which should be a goal of any good diet (IMHO of course).
Old 02-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #5  

hey there--I'm new of board also. I'm on day 14 of SBD, Phase I. I have lost 6.5 lbs (start 183.5) and interim goal is 155--so will be around for a long time. It is amazing, but I am almost never hungry and have to force myself to eat. I actually don't think I'm getting enough calories right now. I am going to take it real easy going into Phase II. Saw the suggestion of Phase 1.5--and sound just about right for me. Good Luck and see you here on the boards.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #6  

It so great to read about others and how you all are doing! thanks for the encouragement!!
I took a salad to work today that had louis rich grilled chicken strips on it, onion, green peppers and cut up mozzerella stick. We were SO busy that I didn't get a chance to eat until end of my shift at 4:00. I also have a lot of water left to drink for the day.
I'm always hungry at night and my favorite snack is mixed nuts and a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper!!!

Lindy87 - YOu are doing GREAT!! That is such an encouragement to me. I have never lost more than 15 pounds ever on a diet. (WW) I do see this as a way of life for me. Only having sugar in rare circumstances, like my daughters b-day last night!! LOL (very small piece of cake)
I feel so much better eating this way!

Cottageby the sea: I can't wait to add in a 100% whole wheat mini bagel so I think I''ll do that soon and see how it goes. This time of year, I'm not a big fruit eater. I love veggies but am getting bored with salads.

I have a challenge: Tomorrow night is card club. We eat dinner at the hosts house and I have no idea what she will fix. I hope it is not lasagne and garlic bread. I just won't eat the bread. I just have no idea what it will be so I will stay strict all day until dinner. And I'll have to refuse dessert. There is usually one lady that refuses dessert also. She did last month, so I hope maybe she will again to give me company!!!

Last edited by Debbie0522; 02-12-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #7  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi Debbie! I've been on the Beach since 01-03-06 & have lost 17 lbs!!!
I really do try to be as strict as I can. If I know I can't eat it I don't. There have been a few occasions since I've been on Phase II that I have cheated, like one time I had a few ultra light beers, I'll have a little bit more than 1/2 a cup of ww pasta once in a while, things like that & sometimes, my fat content is a little higher than it should be but I'm working on it!
When I was on Phase I, I pretty much stayed OP.
I try to be honest with myself and remember that finally losing this weight is way more important than a measly piece of cake.
What makes me the most proud of myself is that I've been exercising, too. It's so hard to start but once you do it's great & makes you feel so good about yourself. I'm not just losing weight but toning up, too. There's a toning/weight lifting class that I take that I absolutely thought I would hate & it turns out that I love it more than any of the other classes.
It looks like you're doing great. Keep it up! Patience Is Key!

Last edited by Demeter; 02-13-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #8  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Hey. I've been on SBD since 2/6, and I've already lost 8 pounds, even though I cheated twice (had some semi-sweet dark chocolate one night, and a little cake and icecream at my mom's bday yesterday). Generally I've been staying OP with little problem, except for the occasional sweet cravings and having to have eggs every morning. I really can not wait until I can have some oatmeal or high-fiber cereal, or something other than eggs!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

Hello fellow South Beachers, I have been on the SB diet since 02-06-06 and I have lost 10 lbs so far, I tried the Akins four yrs ago and lost 100 lbs, but i failed the diet,, it did not fail me,, however, I am really happy with the SB way of life, and I am eager to learn something new about it every day,
Old 02-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie0522
HI! Its Debbie. I'm starting day 12 of Phase I. I have had 2 times during the first 11 days where I had to "cheat" just a little bit. I have lost approx. 8 pounds. I know that is great for this amount of time but I still want to see more!!! It feels like the loss has stalled a litttle. Yesterday was my daughter's b-day. I only ate a tiny 1/4 of a piece of reg. cake and that was the first sugar I've had in 10 days. I am going to be strict today.

Those in Phase 2 - How much have you lost? Have you been strict? TEll me a little bit of your experience!!! Thanks!
I have to work today so I'll not be able to check back on here until late this afternoon! Have a great Sunday everyone! (love that little icon!)
I started Phase 1 on Friday and it's easier than I expected...and it's true...you lose the cravings for sugar!! And trust me...I love sugar!
It's now Tuesday and I stepped on the scale and I've dropped 6 1/2 pounds! I know a lot of that is what I called 'temporary fat', you know...the stuff and bloat you collect when you've decided not to give a darn what you eat for a few days? That was last Monday through Thursday for me! I can also say I feel better...I have more energy! I don't feel bloated and I'm getting my reflux back under control! Phase 1 is hard and rigid but I know I can do this for two weeks and get my sugar cravings under control!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftinmom
I started Phase 1 on Friday and it's easier than I expected...and it's true...you lose the cravings for sugar!! And trust me...I love sugar!
It's now Tuesday and I stepped on the scale and I've dropped 6 1/2 pounds! I know a lot of that is what I called 'temporary fat', you know...the stuff and bloat you collect when you've decided not to give a darn what you eat for a few days? That was last Monday through Thursday for me! I can also say I feel better...I have more energy! I don't feel bloated and I'm getting my reflux back under control! Phase 1 is hard and rigid but I know I can do this for two weeks and get my sugar cravings under control!
WAY TO GO, Craftinmom. YOu are doing GREAT!!! Thanks everyone who posted. I love reading this!!

I bought the south beach wraps today. They are packaged like a "lunchable". WW tortilla w/meat and cheese. SO GOOD> I won't buy them on a regular basis, cheaper to do it yourself but great to know there is something you can grab to take in a hurry. Found them at Kroger.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:22 AM   #12  

Today is my 2 week mark and I am down 9 pounds. I am more than thrilled with the results!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 05:18 AM   #13  
itsforme

S/C/G: 189/174/140

Love SB! Started January 8th and am down 12 pounds ( and counting! ) This with thyroid disease and insulin resistance to contend with.

Before the insulin resistance diagnosis, it took me 1.5 years to lose 12 pounds. Frustrated was not the word. Doctors ignored my cries for help until I found this one.

Now, I'm not sure what has helped the most...being on the medicinal supplements, the SB WOE or the exercise...OR all of the above. All I know is that whatever is working at all! I couldn't be more thrilled and find the SB WOE is not at all restrictive. I feel it's a balanced, intelligent way to eat and I can see myself easily doing it for the rest of my life...which is what I was looking for.

Happy to read this thread. It helps to motivate.
Closed Thread