Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default First week, husband lost 8.8 lbs, I gained .2

My husband and I joined WW together a week ago Saturday. After our first week, he lost 8.8 lbs, and I gained .2. Absolutely drove me nuts. I had counted points for 6 of the 7 days (I didn't count the day we joined, but it wasn't a pig-out day, so didn't think it was to blame). I not only stayed within points, but I still had some Flex points to spare. Aaaaagghhh.

I knew I was in trouble when I woke up on Saturday and I couldn't move my wedding ring, let alone get it off my finger. Rationally, I know that means water weight gain, but it was so frustrating to see a gain the first week.

The scale lady was very sweet, as she saw my old weight record from a year ago, and changed my starting weight to what it was then, so I get "credit" for the 33.2 lbs I've lost since then.

I've been trying to push the water, and it's starting to work. I weighed myself today at home (which I'm trying not to do, as I can get a bit obsessed with the scale), and although my rings are still a bit tight, I've lost about 3 lbs since the weigh-in.

I have to remind myself that I have no direct control over the scale, so I need to focus on what I put in my mouth, and how I move my body. It just irks me that my husband was more careless with his counting, and still lost almost 9 lbs. (So sweet, he didn't tell me what he lost until I asked, and then he was a bit embarrassed).

I didn't let him see my frustration, and just whooped it up for him. In some ways I know it's harder for him to watch what he eats, than it is for me. I love most healthy foods (I've rarely met a food I didn't like), but David is a real junk-food junkie, and doesn't like many fruits and veggies.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #2  

Hi Colleen,
Yes, I know that scale can be the devil in disguise sometimes, can't it??? This past week, I ran everyday, did kickboxing and the core workout. I focused on my points and I only lost 1 freaking lb. As my leader congratulated me on the 1 lb weight loss, I was practicing verbal restraint b/c I wanted to scream!! I busted my rear for the past week for a lb??? Now, logically, I know, I know. Scales aren't always an accurate reflection of what we've been doing, muscle weighs more than fat...blah, blah blah. I KNOW all of that, but how in the world do remember that when you get on that scale and don't see good results?? I want to start screaming "Liar, Liar, pants on fire"!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are not alone in your feelings.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #3  

Men, no matter how much we love them, just SUCK sometimes! My DH consistantly lost more weight than me early on...but I've got him beat now!

Hang in there! This WW thing really does work! You know that the rings being so tight means water retention - just one of the joys of womanhood! I bet it goes away next WI!
Closed Thread