Old 02-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #1  

Default New Member with Question

Hi all!!

Has anyone tried the salad dressing mixes? How do they work - and more importantly-TASTE???

Also-my counselor said there are NO free foods - like there are on some other diet plans (WW, etc.) not even celery,gren pepper,etc. or anything safe to snack on if you just HAVE to have something???

Of course, I could just HAVE willpower.LOL.

Ange
175/165/135
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #2  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Ange, I can't help you with the free foods (can you believe that marshmallows were considered free food with Jenny Craig - basically they told me that anything with under 20 calories was considered free) but I had to chuckle about your willpower - my grandma used to say "I have plenty of willpower, it the WON'T Power that I don't have!" She was a pretty smart lady!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I think that is not always the best advice. I do snack on veggies if I just have to have something. Doesn't it make sense to eat something with very low calories to satisfy yourself instead of getting too hungry and binging on naughty stuff?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - I totally agree - I think if you are still hungry and need something for your body - veggies are definitely the way to go .....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #5  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

My center says the Ranch doesn't taste good, the Italian is pretty good, but the Honey Dijon is fabulous.

I tried the FF Italian that LA offers. It's "okay." It's a little tangy and strong. I wouldn't say it's delicious, but I wouldn't say it's horrible either. It might be good for a chicken marinade. They have been out of Honey Dijon for 3 wks, so I'll let you know if I ever try it.

Personally, I like Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette Lite Done Right. I compared the two dressings, and they were pretty comparable. (But I can't remember the specifics of where they differed.) If I think about it tonight, I'll try to remember to post the two comparisons.

If anyone has tried any of the other dressings, let us know your thoughts!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #6  

ok, that was the wrong way to say it that there is NO free food.

we have condiments that are "free" and sugarless gum and candy, plus in many of the LAWL recipes there are "free foods". the thing is that you are supposed to count everything. Like the WW "every bit counts" motto.

If you are hungry I have been told plenty of time to eat some extra celery or cucumber or lettuce. what harm can 10-50 veggie calories really do in the long run, but it will not be considered POP as far as they are concerned. Yet, starving yourself will only lead to huge binges, so it is best to just find something and satisfy the hunger.

Also there are great salad dressings int he stores you can buy for much, much cheaper. Kraft Catalina is one of my favorites. Ken's has a great selection also...just FYI
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #7  

Smile Thanks for the help!

What a treat to have you all for feedback - finding this forum is a great blessing!

I forgot to post - I'm on Gold plan, 175/165/135 (should start stabilization/maint in July...)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote