Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Eating after 7:00 p.m.

All right. Confession time. I am a ROCK STAR SUPERSTAR when it comes to eating healthy and good ALL day long. I am well within my points range, I make smart, healthy choices for meals and I'm motivated and feel empowered by each good thing that I put into my mouth.

But then I put the kids down to bed at 7:30, I clean up the house and I work my four hours here on the computer (I do transcription from home). Suddenly, gone is the and out comes the . It's awful!

I have tried many different things but I am just a whole different woman at night. And it's not that I'm even seeing food on TV for those oh so tempting commercials. When I'm not working and do watch TV I fastforward through the commercials thanks to my DVR. I just lose all my will power and strength and give in!! I try to continue on with the healthy choices but the temptation is so great! And I don't even having tempting food in the house!!!

Anyone else as neurotic as I am? Anyone else able to not eat at night and have some tips for me? I try writing in my journal, reading, turning off the TV, cleaning the house, reminding myself of how far I've come in the day. And I still am weak and lame. I know this is self-sabotage. I know this is why I'm not losing weight. I just wish I could somehow figure this out! I know it's something I've got to do and will feel better for it but I'm just stuck!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #2  
If at first you don't...

I don't think I have it as bad as you do, but I do want to eat at night! I have more control during the day especially during the week when I'm at work so I eat a lot of raw cabbage, carrots, celery, green peppers and salads to keep me satisfied. And then I have the majority of my points left over for the evening. Since I don't usually get home that early I don't "close the kitchen" until 8:00, but I will not eat after 8:00 - I'll just go to bed if I'm that tempted. (It helps that I'm upstairs and most of the time it's not worth walked downstairs to get anything else to eat!)
Old 02-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  

Thumbs up I know!!!

I had that same problem, I now keep those cheap little 1/2 cup servings of sf jello 0 points, in my fridge, I get them for 24 for $5. I will eat 2 or 3 with a little spray of aerosol spray whip also 0 points. some nights I get so bad I have eaten 6, but hey I'm still on program, and it satisfies my sweet cravings. Your doing great
Keep up the good work, and good luck with the snacking devil
boxerdawg
Old 02-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #4  

I save my salad for night. you can eat a bucket of it for nothing. I changed my habits and now we hang out in our rec room downstairs, and i don't have the inclination to go upstairs. other thing is hot drinks 0 point hotchocolate etc
Old 02-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You can also start counting your day's points at 7:00 pm. One of my old leader's does this. She has the hardest time in the evening, so she starts her day there. Then she budets what's left over until the next evening.

New studies have shown that the calories eaten at night are no different than those during the day (they aren't harder to "get rid of") They think what started the myth is that many people who eat more at night, end up
eating more calories over the course of the day. By counting at night, you wouldn't do that.

Colleen
Old 02-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #6  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Wow me to,,,,night time is the worst,,,I do just about what everyone else here has said the jello,,,veggies,,,or try to save enough points for a ww dessert,,,ummmmm,,,some are so good,,,for me night time used to be my time to binge,,,hard habit to break,,,I even knit now,,lol,,lol,,

Good luck and it does get easier I think as time goes on,,,have a great day,,Jeanne
Closed Thread