Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Question Need Motivation! Fun Exercise?

Hey there, I only lost a pound this week but it was a loss. I guess I"m gonna have to increase the exercise. I hate to exercise. Anyone know of a fun exercise that will help me loose?
Sue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #2  

Try dancing to fast paced songs for a half hour. If you have a dog, take it for a walk. I love to kickbox, it's pretty fun...If you have a partner, you can get gloves and pads and spar at their hands.

Do you have any parks nearby? Go hiking, it's fun and good exercise. Go to the mall and walk...bonus b/c you can window shop and look at the clothes you will buy as a result of working out :-D.

I like to swim as well. I dont know if you have kids ( I dont) but you could play 4 square or kickball with them. You could also jump rope with a really big rope (you need two other people) and that would be fun as well if you have kids.

You could also go roller/ice skating or biking.

Hope this helps...good luck and stay motivated
layners7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

You'll have to experiment with a variety of exercises to find one that is fun for YOU. What is fun for you may not be fun for me, KWIM? MY fun exercises are running, weight training and swimming. Some love excercise DVDs, some prefer to weight train or exercise at home, I prefer the gym and it's social aspects... Find something that motivates YOU and that YOU love... Keep searching, try stuff out, have FUN in the process ... Because in the end the only exercise you will do will be the one you enjoy!

Keep us posted on your progress...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  

I did roller skating this weekend. It was fun (and scary) to try to remember how to do it. I LOVE the walk away the pounds dvds! My next mission is to make a cd with fast music so I can do one song dancing, one crunches, then dancing then leg lift on the left then dance... and so on...
grapecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #5  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Whenever I REALLY don't feel like doing "traditional" exercises, I pump up some techno music and boogie down! It's fun, and it really is a workout if you're agressive enough (and boy, am I!).
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #6  

Trampoline!
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:15 PM   #7  
210 / 193 / 140

How about belly dance? Or any kind of dancing, for that matter, but I mentioned belly dancing because you don't need a partner to do it.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote