South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Clucking - January 28 and 29

Rise 'n Shine, Chickies!

It's still dark out there but it is morning so I'm passing around coffee or tea. The back room is nice and cozy this morning, the Girls have been fed so grab a mug and a dog to cuddle and let's chat.

Today is supposed to be a decent driving day so Hershey and I will go to visit Harry. Aside from that, I have nothing scheduled and my house is reasonably clean after Candice's visit yesterday. I start painting lessons on Monday and need to do some prep for that but the weekend is all mine.

What's happening in your part of the world?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:16 AM   #2  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, Ruth! I can't wait till it actually starts to turn daylight in the morning . It's weird waking up at 6:30 and it being dark. I slept good last night. Surrounded by my dog and cat to keep me warm, no dreams or anything, I slept like a log. It was great. I had a big meeting on Friday that I spent most of last week preparing for and now that's over my shoulders feel lighter somehow.

Yesterday was a good eating day but I'm pms'ing so I feel bloated and icky. One thing I'm not doing is drinking enough water. I'm usually real good about that but the last few months have been bad. I'll do better today.

Not sure what's on the menu for today. I may try a mushroom chicken thing in the crockpot. I found a recipe for cream of mushroom soup substitute that's supposed to be SBD friendly. We'll see! Most of the day will be spent analyzing data and reading my neverending reading materials. Also sometime I'll need to put together a reference list for my paper due later in the semester.

What's up with you chicks today? Ruth, be careful driving and have a fun visit.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:24 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Ruthie - Good morning & thanks for the coffee. I need it....went to bed at 9:30. I'm still tired, have a sore throat & I'm achey all over. My eyes are puffy too...df said I was crying in my sleep. Probably because of sister's guilt trip. UGH! I have to work this weekend....I can't wait to get today over with so I can come back home & sleep.
I'm also honked off because I sell AVON & this guy emails me wanting 400 bottles of perfume. At first I was excited to have a new customer, but after I read how many he wanted, I knew it was a scam. They expect AVON reps to order the items & send them & they pay by credit card & in 90 days they deny the charge & then it is the rep's responabilty to pay. He was trying to take me for over $6500! What a jerk....so I'm playing along with him to get the c/c # & then I'm calling the FBI & then I going to send an email to spam@yahoo so the email account will be close. But before I do that I will be sending him a nasty-gram about what a piece of work (not really the 4-letter word I wanted to use, but it's early) he really is. DON"T EVER MAKE A PMSING SICK GAL MAD....especailly this one!
Ok off the soapbox & on into work - hurray I can't wait (can you hear the sacasism in my voice?)
Ruth - your weekend sounds lovely...I'm very jealous - enjoy yourself!
Everyone else...have a good weekend, maybe I'll peck in after work!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #4  
gotta lose it!

Hey pear - you're up early!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey, fabulous ....yep! I like waking up early on weekends, I feel productive.

OK, so here I thought I was just so creative and came up with an eggplant lasagna recipe all by lonesome! Well, as I was just browsing the recipes I noticed that not only did someone else already come up with it...it's even a sticky . I guess someone else has already been there done that! Oh well, I highly recommend it if your craving something cheesy and comforting.

Where is everyone??
Old 01-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #6  

Good Morning Pear and Soon!

Pear- I cannot rememeber if sour cream is SBD friendly or not. If so- i make a crockpot Chicken Stroganoff that is good. It uses chicken, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and an envelope of dry onion mix. I make it and serve it over WW noodles.

Soon- Ohhh I am not going to tick you off today!

Had a nice evening last night. My mom took older DD for the night, so it was just the baby and myself. Very relaxing and much needed. I got a few errands run, then just home for the evening. It is cold and rainy here in Dallas today. Unfortunately I still have to be out and about getting a couple of things done, but then it will be home for the rest of the day.

The end of the month is approaching- how is everyone doing on their monthly goal?? If I can keep it together until Tuesday, I will have actually exceeded my goal. What a concept!!
Old 01-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #7  

EL CRAPPO My ISP is up and down all morning today.. This is the 3rd time I'm trying to post so I will make it short to just
"I'll beee back!"
Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Talking

morning girls! it's my first day on phase 2 and also happens to be my 35th bday so have I got huge plans?!! First off to the gym, then grocery store, then finish painting the bathroom...will the excitment never end

Actually we are all going to dinner later so that's something I plan to not inocporate anything new yet today b/c my Chili's manager hubby brought me home a slice of mudslide pie But 3 good bites and happy birthday to me!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oh Ruthie, you're so loud this morning! It felt good to sleep in today. Had a good time hanging out with my parents, DH, and my friend Karen last night, but stayed up wayyyyy too late.

Soon, I'd tell the guy sure, you'll place the order, but you don't take credit card, only money order or cash. Jerk.

Seems like many of you girls are PMS'ing. I'm not anymore, thank goodness! I'll make sure to stay out of everyone's way.

Anyone seen the movie Joy Ride? Scares the living buhjebus out of me.

Well, back to the movie. Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #10  

We just got back a bit ago from the Pinewood Derby. Brian came in first among the Bear's and second among all the boys in the Cub Scout Pack! He was so excited!! I volunteered the whole day except for one hour so I kept busy and stayed mostly OP.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #11  

Barb What a fun day for you and Brian!! I bet he is psyched!

Weez Glad you had fun last night! You are like me and thoroughly enjoy time with parents. I hang out more with my mom than any friends my age.

Bat Happy Birthday!!!

Schatzi Hope your 'puter gets itself sorted out. That is always frustrating.

Spend the day getting my car squared a way. Not much fun and expensive!! Everytime I feel like we are close to getting squared away with money, something unexpected comes up. Oh well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right????? Please tell me that saying is true.

Alright- got hungry kiddos to feed!

Later gals.....
Old 01-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #12  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy Birthday Batmomm!!! I hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Hi Ruth! Wow, you're full of energy today! I came in a bit too late for the morning coffee but I hope you're having a great weekend so far!

pearshape ~ There's hardly anything better than sleeping surrounded by cats and dogs! : So comforting, as long as they don't snore!

Soon2BeFab ~ Sorry to hear about the scam artist perfume guy! It stinks that people like that are around to make life more difficult for the rest of us.

Kiko ~ I'm glad you had a relaxing evening!

Weezle ~ I love sleep-in days. I was fully intending to do that today because I stayed up late, but my eyes opened at the "normal" early time and I couldn't get back to sleep! OH well!

Schatzi ~ Hope your ISP feels better soon!

Barb ~ Big congrats to Brian! That's great!

Me ~ Very relaxing day. I spent the morning hiking with the doggies, then worked on cleaning up a little bit. It's amazing how the work associated with moving goes on and on and on and on...This evening I went to smokey bones for dinner. I didn't completely blow it but I caved and ate a piece of garlic toast and a bite or two of potatoes. No donuts, thankfully. The waiter did try and tempt me with some naughty freshly made donuts for dessert! Tomorrow is going to be a day at the beach. No swimming, just hanging out, picnicking and running around on the dog beach with the doggies. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I really do enjoy spending time with my parents. They think it's really weird, too. I've been hanging out with them since I was old enough to get into bars. They started hauling me out to karaoke and made me sing, and now I love to do it. Terry and I are members at a private club on the lake, and it's right by my parents' house, so they don't have to travel far when we go out. My parents are like "What 20-something kid would want to hang out with their parents?" I love my parents. They're cool. (Now.)

What a nice, lazy day. Went through some recipes and took inventory in the pantry and cabinets to see what I need to buy at the store next weekend. I like to plan ahead. I'm going to try to get rid of some things that we just aren't eating by making a vegetable soup. I have ff/low sodium beef broth, 2 cans of Veg All vegetables, and a can of diced tomatoes that I thought might be good if I tossed them all together. There's another recipe I'm going to make but all I'll tell you is that it's called "Better Than Sex Cake." I won't tell you the ingredients because I'm nice. I'm going to try a chili relleno casserole, too. I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I love cook!

Food Food Food Food Food Food Food. I'm trying to keep myself occupied so I don't eat. That's the only problem with a lazy day. Too much opportunity to eat.

Well, my friend Molly's coming over once she gets out of her 12 hour class, so I should probably pick up a little bit. Have a loverly evening kids!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hershey and I are off to Church in Athens this morning - command performance from the Bishop. I will not stay for the darn pot-luck lunch afterwards because I cannot stand tuna casseroles, macaroni salad or Jello! I just don't feel like making something I can eat so will use the dog as an excuse and come home for lunch. I'm planning to make Barb's Kale and Black Bean dish today and am going to go and get it organized before I go.

Hope your Sunday is super.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:17 AM   #15  

I am awake . An auspicious start to the day!!!

It is Dear Hubby's Birthday today. I love celebrating he and my Grandma together. They hold close spaces in my heart. It was my Grandma's 96th Bday yesterday.

I went to bed at 9 to watch Trading Spaces and then turned out the light and slept til 8am. Weehee!!
A relaxing morning. We are off to church for 10:15. I am in the baby room!

The afternoon will be about tidying up everywhere in this house.

DD and I had a good visit with my Grandma yesterday morning and then we stopped in at a Women's Day and a friends place.Very cool to meet other interesting women.
DS had a good hockey game last night.

I had a nice chat with a Dad who used to work with hubby and has re educated for technology trades. He was telling me about the cash assistance that is available for men with families. I would love for hubby to find out more.

Must go clean up.
Have a blessed day!
Closed Thread