Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-24-2006, 01:57 AM   #1  

Default Stovetop Recipies

I am a student and currently living in the dorms so the only way I can cook anything is on the stove burner. We have a burner but not an oven. I also use the microwave but generally only for prepackaged meals. I am tired of eating most things raw and was wondering if there were any great recipies that you all could share.
anfluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #2  

Default Salsa Chicken

OK, here is a good one. I make this & my family loves it. First you cook up some boneless chicken breast, once that is cooked up you add some salsa & then let it simmer for about 10-15 mins. then add some low-fat cheese until it is melted . Serve & top with light sour cream. Add a salad to that & you have a complete meal. YUMMY!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!
ftsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #3  
Egy Kis Lany

Or make a pasta sauce (tomato based, broth based, etc.) and pasta.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #4  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

If you have an asian market in your area get some frozen wontons (already filled with chicken or pork). These sometimes come with the seasoning packets. If not, they usually sell them separately. Put the wontons, seasoning and some fresh, frozen or canned mixed veggies and/or canned straw mushrooms or dried shiitake mushrooms in 3 cups of boiling water. I also like to add a chicken bouillion cube and some thinly sliced green onion for extra flavor. Boil on low heat for 5 or 10 minutes till wontons are cooked. This makes two big bowls of soup.

A 1-1/2 cup serving with about half a dozen wontons adds up to about 200 calories.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #5  
stbakd

veggie chili. combine kidney beans, tomato sauce, mushroom and celery. heat 30 minutes. hope this helps. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #6  

6-can soup

1 can reduced fat chicken broth
1 can fat free refried beans
1 can rotel tomatoes w/chilies
1 can kidney beans (rinse and drain)
1 can black beans (rinse and drain)
1 can chicken (drained)

Mix all ingredients in a pot, heat and eat!! Add herbs or other seasonings to taste.
Chari
surfer376 is offline   Reply With Quote