Old 01-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Cool ~Week of January 22nd~

Hello everyone, and welcome to a new week! Hopefully this will be a good week for everyone. I have done pretty good so far today (at least).

Take care
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok..lost 1 lb but that is ok!!! this week will focus more on excercise and water.....
Have a great one all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #3  
Running Wild

my week consists of running and weight training. i did 5 miles today, weights tomorrow, run on tuesday, weights on wednesday with a 2 miler in there as well. thursday is my off day from here on out (starting school this thursday) and then friday i will skip my run for weights, then saturday morning i have 5K. next sunday is another day off.
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #4  

JJB, What are you in school for? You might have said, and if you did I am sorry that I missed it.

RR, That's great that you at least lost one lb. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #5  
Running Wild

i never went to college. i just bypassed it. always wanted to be a teacher.

here i am at 42 starting college. to get my degree in elementary education. accelerated program; going one night a week for 4 hours for basically 4 years. i work a full time job so i have to do it this way!!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #6  

Smile Good Morning All!

Good Monday morning to all of you! Way to go JJB....I wish I had the "you-know-whats" to go to college. I would love nothing more than to be a nurse and work in labor and delivery. Oh well, I am not at a place in my life to do that and by the time I can....I will have three kids wanting to go. I will someday...I will. I was hoping to get to the gym today....but that's not going to happen....snowing like mad here this morning. I will get plenty of exercise shoveling though....lol. I met my walking goal last week....I am setting a goal of 20 miles....just like last week. I did 8 miles this weekend, but 5 were for last week. Figures. Hey, have a good day, I will check in later or tomorrow....toodles.
Pkittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #7  

JJB, I am in my last semester in college myself. I am going for a duel major in Business Management and Marketing. The college I attend has classes like that, where you meet one night a week. I am taking 5 classes though. Good Luck!

PK, If you want check out a local community school, most have nursing programs that will transfer when you are ready. Also when your children are ready to go to college you might be able to get more financial aid. (Just a thought)

Speaking of school, my exersize today will be running around campus like a crazy woman before class.

Lisa
Old 01-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #8  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Morning all. Just sitting here at work and thought I would post a little. We're a bit slow in the tax office right now. But I am sure it is going to be picking up very soon. I am looking at applying for another local office job here in town. I had to do a crash course over the weekend for Excel. I have heard of it so many times when looking at office jobs, but never looked any further into to it. Well, this job requires knowledge of MS Work and Excel. I was going to take a class for it in April for 4 weeks, one night a week at 3 hours. I just might still do it. It's only $45. Not too bad of a price.

Way to go JJB, I am hoping to go back to school too. I went for 2 years and then dropped out. That was one my biggest regrets. Keep up the good work. I am going to have to take classes the same way.

PK, sounds like fun with the snow. I just moved back to Iowa after living in Vermont for almost 6 years. I bet they are seeing of that pretty white stuff. We got some on Friday here. Only about 4 inches.

Not much going on here. Mostly job hunting and looking into getting some legal help so I can get the chance to see my older kids on a regular basis. Still haven't got to see them since moving back. And that has been almost 2 months. It has to kill them knowing I am here and they aren't allow to see me or talk to me. I hope a lawyer can help me. Right now, legal aid is my best bet since I can't really afford a lawyer. Any suggestions, would be greatly appreicated. I just have no idea what else to do.

Have a great day all.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

Not much going on around here. We are going to the potty every 1/2 hour, so I don't have time to do much else! LOL. Hopefully the frequency will decrease over time. I'm trying to avoid accidents!

Eating has not been great lately. I had a scrapbooking day with a bunch of friends on Saturday and ate like a piglet. All the bad stuff! At least I drank diet caffeine free Coke. LOL.

Good luck everyone with staying on program this week!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:59 PM   #10  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Karen: I can relate to the potty training thing. Having to go every 15 minutes or so. My daughter was the same way. We were having to do it every 5 minutes sometimes less. Talk about crazy. I was complaining to the DH and he had to remind me that atleast she's using it. So yes it does slow down. We're working on the overnight training now. She's good about half the time. I think we are just going to try a night in underwear and see how it works. We still keep her in pull ups at night. Just hate the thought of an accident at night.

Well, nothing else happening. About time for me to get out of work. Have a great night all.

Hugs, Annie
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #11  

Talking Good Tuesday Morning

Good Tuesday Morning!
Wow, is it cold here this morning. It's a whopping 27 here now. I am sitting here waiting for my car to warm up so I can go to the gym. I didn't get to go yesterday, it snowed really bad all day long. I did shovel though and I figured out my calories burned off some website. I shoveled vigorously for at least 1:15 min and it said I burned 435 calories! So, not too shabby. I don't mind missing the gym when I know that I am at least getting some physical activity in during the day. I really need to get my strength training in today. Ugh...I think I am going to work on my lower body. Hope all is well with everyone...Karen & Annie....I feel your pain. I love motherhood...but the potty-training...I could do without that! Best of luck to you both!
Hugs,
Pkittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #12  

Default Hi!

Hi ladies,

I've been MIA for a bit, but I'm doing well.

I joined WW this weekend, already lost 2.5 pounds before I started!!!

I'm still working out like a madwoman, trying to lose that weight. I want to be slim by summer!!!!

I hope you are are doing well.

Take care.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #13  

Hello everyone it has been a few days. Over the weekend i just completely fell apart on my diet!!!! My daughter had an outpatient procedure where she had to be put asleep this past Friday and I was going crazy....I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow. I am feeling in the dumps right now, so I set my goal for tomorrow.
JJB good for you, you are an inspiration to me just reading your post. I am 33 and started back to school 2 years ago and had to quit when my husband relocated with a new job. I am definately going to start back I really hope this fall.
Good Luck to everyone on their goals, hopefully I will make mine too.
arb3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #14  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

arb, I heard on the news today that today is the day where people feel the most depressed. With the short days, crappy weather, Christmas bills, and most have given up on New Year resolutions by now. Stick to it. You'll make it through. I hope everything is ok with your daughter too!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!
Karen- I am with U on potty training..OMG--she just doesnt care..We have the daytime pretty much on target but daycare is not very helpful and we are almost there at night..I dont push--I am just encouraging..She had her 3 year checkup yesterday.....39 3/4 inches tall and 32.5 lbs--Talll and skinny..Oh I wish it came from mommy!!! but at 5'1 I dont think so!!!
We took pics for 3 yrs and it was sort of a disaster...She refused to go inside---soo on a wet dreary day outside in a beautiful pink smocked dress -we took outside pics...Barney out in the mud and everything..even pics with muddy shoes and dress..her digging in a ditch, lifting up the water thingee in the ground looking for Barney etc etc..One day she will fuss and I will just tell her about her attitude!!! haahahahahaha I hear "no, no, no" in my sleep..or "oh no, what will I do????"
Ok..hello alll...off to bathe and do leggos!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote