Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 03:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Height: 5'3"

Default New here!

Hi all,

I've been a long-time lurker on the boards and have decided to come out of hiding just because I love this site!

As far as my story, I'm singing a similar song as you all are regarding recommitting myself to WW. I joined once in high school, lost 20 pounds, quit. Then I rejoined in 2003 and lost 58 pounds and then quit again. Not a very good track record.

Well, I'm back. It's 2006 and I've been at it for six whole days and I'm actually doing okay. I have a LOT of weight to lose thanks to some 50 pesky baby pounds that never went away on top of the weight I already carried.

I've waited three years to recommit myself for many reasons. We had a Valentine's Day "oopsie" that resulted in our beautiful daughter so I waited out the whole pregnancy thing. Also mixed up in that three year time span is my husband's job loss, his subsequent depression and hospitalization, the loss of my grandfather, the divorce of my parents, the teenage pregnancy of my sister and, well, life; life happens. Coming from an extremely close-knit family, these events were catastrophic in many ways. Equally difficult was the hard lesson of learning that no matter how hard you try you can't make good things happen for people that don't want them to happen for themselves and no matter how much I eat I can't push away the emotions that need to be dealt with, handled and properly compartmentalized.

Anyway, I experienced an exhilerating epiphany regarding my weight and what I'm wanting out of this experience. I realized that I can sit around bemoaning the fact that I'm fat or I can do something about it. I realized that I can eat healthy, track my points, integrate REAL exercise into my lifestyle (aside from chasing after three little ones) and enjoy the process. Or I can eat crappy food, not deal properly with emotional issues and slowly kill myself with each pound I pack on until I am no longer able to get out of bed.

So I'm in this for health and the numbers; at least that's my goal.

So thanks for letting me share. I can't wait to get to know you all better. I just LOVE this site and am so excited to share this with you all.

Jessalee
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #2  

so glad to have you aboard. Isn't it great the way real life gets in the way of our "planned life" I am pretty much feeling the same way about diet and exercise. Slow and steady and incorporating real life strategies to deal with my only too"real" life. Keep up the good work. I just joined about as well and have 133 pounds to lose. We can keep ourselves company
Old 01-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #3  
If at first you don't...

Welcome to the forum Jessalee! It sounds like you have been through a lot and it just goes to show that you have the strength to see this through! I can't wait to see more post from you. We're all in the same boat weight wise so it's important that we hang around to both give and received motivation and encourangement.
Closed Thread