Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default What do you do about caffeine?

I HATE regular soda.. I think it's disgusting and tastes like battery acid. That being said, I LOVEEE Diet Pepsi! I have learned to limit myself to one a day and I 'save' it for my favorite meal of the day, lol.. the rest of the time it is water or 2% milk. However, I really need to go grocery shopping and today I noticed that I was literally exhausted midday.. I assume because I NEEDED caffeine. I actually drank 1/2 of one of my husband's regular Pepsi (1/2 a can).. it was purely disgusting but I do FEEL much better. My question is.. is diet pepsi SO bad to have once a day? What do you substitute for it.. tea? coffee? chocolate?
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #2  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

I was going to post a similar question, sorry no help here! But i was taking a vitamin sample that had some caffeine in it now im back on my regular vitamins and feel like crap and really lazy tired, I don't drink any pop or tea just water and milk but Im wondering if there's anyone that can recomend a good vitamin with a little energizer in it?! sorry to hog your post hopefully we find our answers! - Kim
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I don't think we need caffeine, but I for one am not giving up my 2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning!
I think it's fine in moderation. If you're only having one diet pop a day, I wouldn't worry about it. The problem I have with diet pop is that it tricks your mind into thinking you're getting sugar, and that can cause cravings.
I have a bit of an addiction to it myself.

Sometimes we just need that little "kick" mid-afternoon... It's not easy staying energized when all we want to do is cozy up for a nap.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #4  
Smily Yogini

Hi,

Covert Bailey said that if you have caffeine it releases fat from your fat cells. This, done before exercise, can help you boost the amount of fat burnt during exercise. But, if you dont burn it...it just finds a new fat cell to sit in. So, I have my coffee right before my cardio. I love my caffeine.
Melodybinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:56 PM   #5  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I never heard that about caffeine releasing fat before. I tend to avoid caffeine before cardio because one time I had my usual “weekday dose” of coffee right before I went to the gym on Saturday and felt really weird during my elliptical work out. I was breathing harder, my heart rate was way up and I was sweating much more than usual. This all makes sense as caffeine is a stimulant and a diuretic. But I wasn’t moving any faster than I normally would, I just felt jittery and extra sweaty , I think I’ll continue to avoid major caffeine doses before working out.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #6  
Feeling the burn

There's nothing wrong with caffeine in moderation. I usually have a cup in the morning. Sometimes I'll have a second cup early afternoon but I won't drink caffeine too late because then I can't sleep

As for vitamins, I take Centrum Performance. It has Gingsen and Ginkgo + lots of B vitamins. It is supposed to help with physical and mental energy. Couldn't tell you if it makes a big difference though. It's not like it sends me bouncing off the walls when I take it, so it's hard to tell if it helps or not.

One thing I do notice is that when I do feel sluggish, a tall glass of water seems to do the trick. Not sure if it's just in my head, but it seems to make me more alert. Eating a fruit also helps
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:14 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

WOOOO can't mess with my Tim Horton's. I drink 1 sometimes 2 EXTRA LARGE with milk.

As for the mid day burn down, 3 pm each day I feel the urge to go down for a nap. I say its the blood suger surging down.. Have an apple/orange for a perk up.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #8  

Between the coffee and the diet pepsi my life IS a stimulant I have been doing shift work for 15 years or more now and sometimes caffeine is the only thing that keeps me going... lol

That being said, I don't see why it would be a problem to have a diet pepsi a day. If you want something better for you try some green tea. I buy the Earl Grey Green Tea and try to have a cup a day. When I am on day shift I find it keeps me going longer than coffee does.
mishakal30 is offline   Reply With Quote