Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default Tony's little gazelle - Good/ Bad???

I am a heavy guy. I'm defintely at the 300 pound area which is well over the limit of most affordable exercise equipment. I was looking at exercise bikes, treadmills, and elliptical machines but can't find one that is under $1,000 that can support my frame beyond the tony little gazelle. So, unless I want to walk, which I am now doing, till I am bored (about there in all honest), I gotta find something else to use in my home, beyond videos.
So the question is has anyone tried these things -Tony little gazelle pro and Tony little freestyle gazelle. I checked both up online but am just unsure. I really need user first hand experience information here. Please give me some input if u got it!
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #2  

Hi tobetheman,
I have the Tony Little Freestyle Elite and I really like it!!!! I use it pretty much every day...it's fun and I don't get bored with it. The freestyle elite has the resistance pistons that you can change. I started with using no resistance....it worked great at first but then my body "got used to it" and I didn't find it challenging anymore. I then decided to put the resistance pins on the first setting and I've been doing it that way ever since. I feel some resistance as I'm "gazelling along" and I think it's made a big difference in my weight loss. There are also two higher resistance pins that you can use for weight training which I do once and awhile too (I need to be doing it more). Anyways...I feel it works and I don't get bored..it's actually kind of fun..(for me anyways). I just turn on the TV, hop on and usually ride it for 30 to 40 minutes every day. I've lost 70 pounds so far....I think doing weight watchers has been the main reason for my weight loss but I also believe my gazelle played a big part too.

I would definately look into it...the only bad thing I've noticed about it, is that is starts squeeking a little bit after you've been using it awhile. I'm able to stop it for the most part with a little petroleum jelly in the joints of the machine. Also..it does take up a far amount of room. It does fold up and move...but it's kind of awkward to do so.

If you do get one...I'd highly suggest getting a model that has some resistance. There is a version or two of the gazelle that doesn't have the pistons..it's quite a bit cheaper....but without those resistance pistons..I don't think I'd be getting nearly the workout that I am now...make sense?

Anyways...good luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hugs,
Olivia
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

I really like mine too, although the first time I steppped off it I felt a little off balance, like getting off a boat. It is quiet, you I can do it without waking my husband and you can very easily watch TV while doing it so I haven't gotten bored with it. Mine has resistance, but came with a very basic video. I have found a more advanced video on e-bay but haven't purchased it yet.

Good Luck with what ever you try,
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

I love my Toney Little Gazelle that I have 2. My starting weight was 260 pounds. I lost 90 pounds in a year. I love it. I also bought 3 more for family for Christmas presents. I today just bought a Cardio Cruiser by Jake. Hope it is good.~
anske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

I have the Tony Little Gazelle from Walmart--it was $94, not sure which model it is though. I absolutely love it! I started out able to do about a mile, and that was pushing it...now I can do 2-3 miles, 3-4times a week easily! It is great and gives you an awesome workout
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #6  

I have a Gazelle, one of the older models that doesn't fold up for storage. I love it because I can get a cardio workout without hurting my knees. It also strengthens the quads, which is another benefit to the knees. To be honest, I think as you lose weight and get stronger, you'll eventually want to alternate the Gazelle with some other type of workout. But even so, if I could only have one machine, the Gazelle would be it.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #7  

I am thinking of getting one of these when we move at the end of this month, since I won't be able to make it to the gym quite as often as I do now. I haven't used one yet, but have known several people that have gotten the cheap one from Wal-Mart and said they were losing inches like crazy! I would supplement it with some weight lifting, probably, but I definitely think the Gazelle is a good way to go!
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I think any equipment you use is good equipment.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #9  
Take A Bite..I dare ya!

Talk about perfect! LOL..I was looking at this at Wal-mart and really thinking about getting it. I do a few videos but those get old really quick. I agree that anything you use is good, but this seems like something I can really get into. Thanks for the reviews. They were very helpful
RottenApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:56 PM   #10  

I purchased a Gazelle a few years back, and I just adored it... It's now somewhere in storage at my parents house, since I gave up on it when we moved. Maybe I'll have to go dig it out and bring it home with me next I go for a visit!

I love the Gazelle because it's low impact, and it honestly is so easy to do! I set mine in front of the TV and would watch an hour long show and just gazelle away
Less_of_Me_to_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #11  

I wanted to get the eclipse 1100 at wal-mart but it is too close to my weight that I know I can't trust it to hold. This seems like a great buy if u wanted something with resistance and has a great warranty. Yet, due to the weight limit I am going to have to go with the gazelle freestyle or pro. I was also thinking of getting a bike but in truth I probably won't use it as much. I bought a great one a few years back for about 800 when the recumbents were barely coming into the market and it has lasted about 4 or more years. It was the Edge 490 but the new one's don't seems as strong as the older ones. I got a small room and the bike had to be put in the living room and my family is always there. I hate working out in front of people when they are lounging in the same room. Since, my dad uses it everyday I thought I would leave that there and get a new one that also can support my larger frame. If this thing seems good after a week or so after getting it I will post some input.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #12  

You know, this thread came just in time for me. Thanks you guys--I was considering a recumbent bike, which I love to do. That's where I head first and foremost in the gym, but I too am afraid I'll bore of it. I've looked into the Gazelle a few times in the past, and I don't find much info anywhere about people that hate it or think it is not worthy of the price tag, so I think this is what I'm going to get!!
~Kerri~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #13  

I found the fitness quest supra pro at k-mart today for $200 and tried it out for a while. It is actually quite sturdy and those resistance pumps are beneficial once u get in better shape, but personally, I have always thought those pumps on rowers and now on a gazelle are not great but are good. I did notice that when I got on at a comfortable position that my sides hit the inside of the machine only when I got on the thing but since I stood to the front of the foot pedals once I got past the main cross section that doesn't move, it didn't hinder me. The movement was one continuous flow. The guy at the store even switched the resistance for me and it is a very significant difference to using it with no resistance. So, U could get the tony little model without resistance for the same price and same cross construction but I haven't gotten on this one yet so I don't know if it's wider or not. Looking at pic online very closely it doesn't seem much wider in all truth though.
If u really decide that u will stick with it and go with the $100 one (remember to check weight limits) then my advice is to go with either the little pro gazelle or the fitness quest model above the supra pro cause both these have a different construction that is better for bigger/wider people and both have resistance too.
I am definetly gonna get one and due to weight limits and a limited budget will get the supra pro at k-mart or sears. Both got it at the same price. I did find the thing enjoyable, which is why I was looking at it over a bike in the first place.

P.S. Note that after using it for a few minutes and getting of the first time I was dizzy. This is a motion u gotta get used to. My mom got on it to and said see was a little dizzy only after getting off it too. I didn't feel dizzy or any other negative effects when I was using it. The dizzy feeling went away after like 10 or so seconds.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #14  

I got the Supra Pro Fitness Quest gazelle and it was VERY time consuming to put together. I was going slowly in truth and took a break twice, like a 5 min one her and the second was a 4 min one. I went slow cause I wanted to be sure I didn't mess up something, and it took me a few hours to put together. Anyway it is very good. I like it.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

My goal is to get on the Gazelle and not have my hips touch it!!!
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote