Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 08:02 PM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge #3 wk: July 2nd - 8th

OK I'm Calendar challenged and Week # 3 should be last week's diary: July 2 -8... not 9 -15... I apparently can't go in and revise the thread

Here's hoping this week we all can score!!!

For you newbies... we've started a 12 week Challenge to write EVERYTHING down in our WW Journal Diary spiral notebooks. Check past 12 week Challenge Threads for the format and gist of it. Besides entering on a weekly basis the total points / banking / acitivity per day - we're also jotting down what will motivate us this week, next, or where we hope to be by the "end" of the Challenge. Glad to have you all

Neither myself nor most of the "Challengetts" have finished week two yet, so until then...

Hey there everyone... here's the specs from week three. Lala you'll see "once again" the Weekend "got" me.

But I've just got to share I actually LOST!!! Not much but it's something and it's taken weeks: I've gone from 139.6 down to 138.8.

WEEK OF JULY 2ND THROUGH 8

M - 22 banked 3
T - 24 1/2 banked 1/2
W - 25 (27 - 2 of banked points) July 4th
T - 23 1/2 banked 1 1/2
F - 25 (28 - 3 banked pts)
S - 38 (no banked pts left ) This was wine tasting weekend
S - 32 (ditto)

Ciao bellas

Patch

Last edited by patch30; 07-09-2001 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2001, 09:02 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Yikes, this is going to be hard for me this week. I'm in San Diego at a conference and the name of the game is "FREE FOOD"- or how to make your per-diem turn into a little visit to Nordstrom (joke).

However, I am packing lunas, working out with my dad each morning and maybe doing a fun walk on Wednesday.

The challenge will be the weekend when I go visit my grad school cronie in Santa Barbara who enjoys eating out.

so, on with the games i say!
lala
Old 07-07-2001, 10:21 AM   #3  

Lalala, where's your conference? If you're anywhere near the Golden Triangle (La Jolla area) try a place there called Daily's. It's a little restaurant that was opened by a heart surgeon, who thought that good, healthy food could be fast and convenient. So it's all healthy, all TOTALLY yummy, and they have all the nutrition info so you can figure out points easily. It's "behind" University Town Centre, ask someone for directions!
Old 07-07-2001, 01:10 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hey Mousie,
I know exactly where that is, its in the same mall thing that houses RUBIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been by Daily's before but haven't ever eaten there. My cousin lives in the Renaissance complex, my bro and I have some property right near there and my fave Nordys in right in UTC. My parents live off Torrey Pines Blvd, so its a familiar place.

My conf. is at the convention center, huge- like 10,000 people. Its really casual, so it'll be shorts, tshirts and dress casual, making it much more tolerable.

What part of SD are you from?

lala
Old 07-07-2001, 08:45 PM   #5  

Rubio's rocks too, they don't use lard so it's safe for vegetarians! I grew up in Tierrasanta (at the juction of 15 and 52), went to La Jolla High School, and now am living out in La Mesa. I'm studying at SDSU and work at a woman's gym in La Mesa, off of 8 at 70th.

The weather is horrible this week, isn't it? Ugh, and they say we're not negatively affecting the environment!

Last week was a bust for filling out my journal, I managed to leave it at work (at the gym) and someone picked it up. Where it went from there, I've not a clue. I didn't have my name in it, otherwise I would hold out some hope of getting it back. As it is, I think it's gone. Once I realized it was gone (pretty quickly!) I began another journal, the proper 12-week journal. I also managed to miss weigh-in this week, I had a family crisis and had to spend the evening with my mom. But look out for me next week, I'll be all groovy then!
Old 07-09-2001, 06:25 PM   #6  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I definitely have a love-hate relationship with conferences. They are a great break from the routine and a way to meet people I only talk to on the phone face to face...but the food and the lack of control with meals. Best of luck to you, Lalala.

Congrats on the loss. Patch!

This has been a real good week for me despite a high stress level. I can't believe I've been eating on the low end of my range all week. It helped that I didn't eat out at all. It feels great to finally get back in control. The holiday, however, dampened my exercise level somewhat, but I still got some exercise in.

Here are the totals:
Monday: 24
Tuesday: 24
Wednesday: 22
Thursday: 21
Friday: 22
Saturday: 23
Sunday: 24

Once again, I will post my WI results Wednesday nite.

Last edited by mpinkham; 07-09-2001 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2001, 09:25 PM   #7  

Myra - girl you rock! Your points this week are awesome.

Mousie - hang in there - let us know how you're faring this week.

Lala - good luck with that conference. Anything with the word "free" and I'm ususally a gonner. But it sounds like you'll be doing an amazing amount of excercise with your Dad. Whoa. Pretty impressive.
Old 07-10-2001, 01:33 AM   #8  
si, si signora

Hi all -

I'm just going to say that I'm forcing (ehem) my father to do the 5k walk/run with me and my office mate on wednesday am. I was planning on running it this year, but didn't get around to getting in shape, so its a walk again....

so far so good.

lalala

and if he hustles, he can place in his age group
Old 07-10-2001, 10:27 PM   #9  
LM

Week 3: (exercise points subtracted)

W 24
Th 23
F 22.5
Sa 20
Su 35
M 21
Tu 23

tuesday weigh in at home: stayed the same, which is what I wanted!

My challenge continues to be to maintain weight, to find a maintaining points range and to eat/exercise according to internal cues.
Old 07-11-2001, 03:55 AM   #10  
Lifetimer

Good work LM!
Old 07-11-2001, 09:56 AM   #11  
LM

Thanks Myra!!
Old 07-11-2001, 02:23 PM   #12  

Great going LM... you deserve a lot of credit. I found I needed to create new little rewards and perks to remotivate myself. It's just as much an effort (maybe more) to maintain as it is to lose. Especially over a long period of time.

One thing recently - ever since the challenge started... I've found I need more excitement in my dinner meals. If not I tend to really chow down extra points feeding that fat brat. So I've logged onto Epicurous (sp?) and found some wonderful quick recipies I can convert to WW parameters. I get cudos from my DH and variety for me! I guess I still need to give myself credit and some fun rewards / motivation for staying on program.

Last night I made a wonderful new dish Tenderloin of pork with a dijon mustard sauce (it even had a bit of cream) and it came to only six points. I added roasted potatos and brocolli, as well as a 1/2+ glass of wine. total points came to 10 1/2. Not bad for a scrumptious dinner. For any interested I'll be posting it on the Recipie / Entree thread later today.

Can't wait to hear from the rest of ya... take care LM, Myra, Lala, Mousie...

Patch
Old 07-11-2001, 06:45 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

I can't believe it! I actually lost 2.8 lbs. this week! I haven't had that large of a loss in a long time. I guess I shouldn't been surprised because I have been eating on the low end of my range all week, but it feels so good. It's amazing. I don't know if it is the supplement that I've been taking, but I've been much more in control. Hopefully I can keep this up.
Old 07-11-2001, 07:51 PM   #14  

Congrats Myra - 2.8 that's just wonderful. You've been really keeping to program, and excersing like a fiend. It sure pays.

I'm curious, what kind of supplements are you taking? I'm clueless about what to take and am searching for a doable, easy solution.

Patch
Old 07-11-2001, 09:15 PM   #15  
Lifetimer

Oh, I thought I posted about it here. About three weeks ago I started taking a supplement called 5-HTP which helps the body break down tryptophan into seratonin and is supposed to help with stress-related depression, stress-related bingeing and carb cravings and insomnia. I can't believe what a difference it has made. I've never been so in control of my eating even when I am totally stressed out and I actually sleep through the night. I haven't done that in over a year. I read about it in Natural Health. If you want me to e-mail you a copy of the article let me know. E-mail me at [email protected].
Closed Thread