Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #1  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Default Bored of Walking? Have a PlayStation2?

In the summer of last year I purchased a game called Dance Dance Revolution........you have to buy a pad for the steps but you get to dance, sweat, and burn calories all at the same time!!!!

I hate walking.........i would run but these old knees barely get me around the tennis courts anymore

I don't want to join a gym...........well........i always stop going and then I've lost money.........

So my youngest is over weight and he loves to dance with this game.......it is very aerobic but can be slowed down for almost any pace...............I LOVE IT.................
fat&sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #2  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hey, I was in Fry's (an electronics store--a HUGE one) yesterday and they had this set up in one of the big demo areas. People were absolutely FLOCKING to it and trying it out--and we're talking both genders, all ages, all sizes, etc. Now if only I had a PS2.......

It looks like a LOT of fun. BTW, there was a kiosk near the demo and there appear to be quite a few "exercise" games--like a karate one, kickboxing, etc. so this may be one of the big new areas for computers/electronics.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #3  
banned

you can get DDR for your pc too. but i like it better on play station....just cuz you can watch a bigger screen, rather than watching a little computer screen
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You can also get a DDR setup that plugs straight into your TV for about 30 dollars - a great option if you only want to play DDR, and don't mind that you'll be somewhat limited in getting more songs, etc. as the game is actually built into the game pad.

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #5  
New Sonoma Dieter

Thumbs up DDR is a fun way to stay fit!

I own Dance Dance Revolution Konamix, and it's an extremely fun way to exercise! I do it for 30 consecutive minutes every day and never get sick of it! But first, if anyone has never seen it before, I'll explain:

It's really simple. There is a platform with four arrows: up, down, left, and right. You stand on the box in the center of the platform.

There are four stationary arrows at the top of the screen. There will be arrows that scroll up from the bottom of the screen. When the scrolling arrows overlap the stationary arrows, you then step on the corresponding arrow on the platform.

(I got this information and pictures from http://www.ddrfreak.com/aboutddr.php Go to this website to learn more!)

There's many different songs to dance to, and different categories depending on the intensity you'd like to play at. For example, you can choose the "Calorie Burner" category for dances of the highest speed and intensity, or the "Downtempo Jams" for the simplest and slowest group. (Again, I own the Konamix version, so this may not apply to other versions of DDR.) I highly recommend this for anyone who hates grueling workouts, has trouble sticking with a workout routine, doesn't enjoy playing sports, and/or needs a fun way to stay fit. This is the only workout I actually look forward to doing everyday.

P.S. They have DDR for regular Playstation too!

Last edited by futurefilmmaker05; 01-04-2006 at 02:14 AM.
futurefilmmaker05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #6  
I'm a good girl, I am!

HI futurefilmmaker! I do love sports. I play tennis and this is why I love DDR. I can't stay on the walking tour..........too boring............I'd run but get shin splints........I'd go to the gym and do aerobics.........but that is costly and routine............

YES DDR IS FOR ME!!!!
fat&sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

One of my brothers friends does this instead of going to the gym.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote