Old 12-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Week Of December 25 - 31

Merry Christmas to all! (and to all a good night)

I hope everyone's Christmas was merry and happy. Hopefully all did not over eat as well.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas (if you all celebrate)!! Ours was really nice. Mom had pretty much the whole family here for the first time in a long time. Ten adults and six kids! There were toys and stuff EVERYWHERE! Mom doesn't know when to stop... She did better than past years though.

I got a pair of earrings, a broom vac, indoor/outdoor slippers and ear muffs from DH, and a smores maker from the boys. Mom gave me two sets of jammies and she gave us a bigger GF grill with the removable plates that I wanted. Now I can cook more than one burger or piece of chicken at a time!

The boys made out like bandits! Geez, I can't even list everything they got, but Peter got the remote control Big Red Car that he asked Santa for, and Robby got this ride-on/scooter thing. There's monster trucks, litter cars & trucks and noisy things everywhere! We got Peter a V-Smile.

We went to the IL's last night and I couldn't believe how much stuff they got! They don't usually go overboard, they usually just give us money for the kids and a few gifts each. This year, they each got a huge bag with all different stuff in it, plus an Amex gift card each, plus a very large check that FIL gave DH for the boys' savings account...that I need to open this week! Robby got quite a few wooden puzzles and books, and "My First Laptop". Peter got this monster truck that plays some pretty cool music and flashes it headlights, a bunch of books and flashcards. They both got a couple outfits too.

So how was your celebration?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:12 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

We had a great time also!!! Kaylee opened up her Scamps the interactive dog and refused to open anything else up!!! OMG..she only wanted him and her Winnie the Pooh doll that U download stuff to say from the computer and everything else is still wrapped up under the tree...Her V-tec Smile and 6 cartridges from MIL...I guess we will have CHristmas again tomorrow!!!
MIL bought her a Swarkowski crystal squirrel that she collects and me one along with alot of other nice stuff..THe others got IPODS and Scamps the dog again..I have to say that my two kids dont really like gifts and just like to play with any old toy...
We went way out with our "adoptive" family of 4 kids(3-5y/o's and 1- 4 y/o) ..It was wonderful to deliver a van full of stuff to the needy..Basketball goal, basketballs, clothes, Leap pad cartridges etc etc..I spend more for the "needy" and me and the 2 younger girls give out...I think that is why they dont expect things...
Have a great one and no I stayed clear of the sweets except for a piece of fudge(ok maybe 2 )
Merry CHristmas all and Happy Hannukah(sp), Happy Kwaanza(sp) (sorry) to all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:21 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Oh my goodness! We are suffering from present overload here too! Alex made out like a bandit. He got train sets and train cars and train toys and puzzles and doodlepads. DH wanted to have Santa on Christmas Eve so we did it after we got home from a party where he had already gotten presents. He was so overwhelmed he didn't want to open the rest of his stuff (from us) either! He had to finish opening presents Christmas morning. His favorite thing is the Aquadoodle Thomas. You draw the tracks on the pad and Thomas (battery powered) follows them. He absolutely loves it. Thomas has been sleeping with him and even followed him into our bed this morning. I woke up laying on it (it's about 6" long and at least 2" tall and wide) wondering why I was so uncomfortable! We also celebrate Hanukkah so he got another present last night, a huge floor puzzle. He loves it too. His new saying is "I love _______." Whatever his favorite toy of the moment is. It's hilarious! I had so much fun watching him with his presents (still am!).

We did pretty well in the food department. I made a turkey breast, cornbread dressing, green beans, gravy and a pumpkin pie. It was just us and a friend of DH's for Christmas Day. It was a nice day.

I'm so glad to hear that everyone had a great day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:36 PM   #5  
LBH

LOL, how funny that the kids didn't feel like opening the rest of their presents! Peter had to be coaxed, but he did rip them all open...except the clothes!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Presents still unopened She got the Winnie the Pooh pajamas and that is all she wanted today...I even opened up things and brought back almost $200 worth of stuff for the 2 kids that will never be used..I am now the "Gift Card Queen"!!!
I have decided that we are doing lights in the yard next year so went out and bought some 50%off light sets...It made me mad cuz some stores raised the prices back up to original costs and then 50% off was more than what is was before Christmas..Ate left overs and brought no sweets home!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Hi all. Christmas was crazy here! Our truck broke down christmas morning on the way to my parents house (Just about 15 minutes away). We didn't let that damper our day though. Dad picked us up from the gas station we made it to and took us to their house and then back to our house. The girls had a great time. Caitie got a Dora the Explorer TV/DVD player and a stuffed dalmation she is now inseperable with. She got a V smile a remote control Wiggles car, a dress, a barbie, a Barbie princesses chair, and some games, and other things I don't remember. Alexis got a Nintendo DS, a guitar, a dress, a TAPS shirt, a barbie, a tinkerbell chair, twister moves, operation, etc... Oh and they got a matching pair of pink flamingo slippers from Old Navy that I wish they had in my size because they are toooooooo cute and look to be very warm! all in all it was a great day and I felt like this when it was all over though. I watched what I ate and when I used to over eat on the holidays I didn't this year. I ate a normal sized meal and maintained my 9 pound total loss. so I am thinking "this is great"!
Hope everyone else had a great time,
Sharon
~Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #8  

Hello everyone! Things are pretty quiet here. I'm enjoying it. We went to the mall on Tuesday (I had an eye doctor appt) and WOW. Was it crowded. Alex was so good in the doctor's office I told him we would go to McDonalds for lunch. Oh My. It was so crowded, forget getting a place to sit. AND the line was like 20 people deep. We could hardly get out once we had our food. Thankfully we found a bench out in the mall.

RR: Sounds like your girls had an awesome day.

Sharon: Yikes, sorry to hear about your truck. Hope you were able to get it fixed. Sounds like your kids had a great Christmas too. Mine certainly did.

OK, the good news on the wt front is I'm maintaining. I'll be happy with that for now. I'm now 15 weeks pregnant and I go for my amnio a week from this coming Monday. Please keep us in your thoughts that everything is OK with the baby!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 PM   #9  

Hello all, for my Christmas I did not do so well. I was sick and wanted "comfort" food - junk. I am finally starting to get over it and hopefully the rest of the break will be uneventful.

I did get alot of good presents and 2 of the 3 Christmas times were great. the last I was trying to be nice to my bratty 7yr. old cousin.

Lisa
Old 12-30-2005, 03:02 PM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

It's been a busy week off catching up on things! Hope everyone is well and ready for a great new year!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #11  

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope everyone's new year is happy, heathy, and safe.

Lisa
Old 12-31-2005, 08:20 PM   #12  
LBH

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Not sure I'm gonna make it to midnight...we went to Lonestar Steakhouse for dinner, I ate waaaay too much, and now I'm soo full I could puke!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:19 PM   #13  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

I wanted to pop in to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #14  

Happy New Year!!!

We are having a quiet one at home...what else can you do when you have a 2 year old! The boy is sleeping and we have some sparkling cider chilling in the fridge for toasting at midnight!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:33 AM   #15  
Melissa

happy new year.. hope everyone is well.
ergirl2270 is offline   Reply With Quote