South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 06:33 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default T'was Two Days Before Christmas

And the Vampire found herself out of a job! Yup, you read me right...I got laid off yesterday. Seems my boss got himself smack in the middle of a Karma nightmare (Medicare/Medicaid billing issues) and got closed down as of yesterday.

I know I should be really, really upset, but for some reason, I'm not. I'm really optimistic. A co-worker who also got laid off was going to turn in her notice yesterday anyway...she'd been hired away by another lab who took over the doctor's office where she's working. We're hoping we can work out the same arrangement for me. Her boss is going to call me today and make a sales call on Dr. D sometime soon and hopefully, I'll have a job after I get back from the cruise.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my kids while they're here for the holidays, concentrate on my writing and spinning/knitting and file for unemployment insurance.

So, what's new on YOUR stretch of sand?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Ah crap

Hey Mama, the same thing happened to my husband a few years back. I don't know how many remember the "fun" that I went through when Terry was out of work, but he worked for a lab that got closed down. He found out after he did his morning route and was dropping the blood off at the lab because the media was there announcing to the world that they'd been shut down. I wish you the best of luck! Enjoy your kids!

So let's see.... I'm still working at a Lutheran school, but only 8-12 on Christmas Break (thank God!) I'm teaching piano still, still working for Dad's wedding video business, and still doing PartyLite and Pampered Chef, although I'd like to be able to drop those last 2 at some point.

I just started really working out and it hurts. I thought it was supposed to be good for you? I'm doing Kardio Kickboxing on Tues/Thurs, and still playing volleyball on Wednesdays. Next week I'm going to try a Step Aerobics class on Monday to see if I like it. So yeah, my calves are killing me, and today my shoulders hurt a little more than they have.

Shoot, so much to say, so little time. I have to get ready for work. I'll pop on later! Thanks for letting me come back!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mamacita, that's a shame you were laid off right before Christmas! You have the right attitude, though, and I have a feeling everything will work out just fine for you.

I have today off and I'm going to my daughter's to celebrate little Carley's 1st birthday. This year has flown by, and I can hardly believe she's a year old already! Jake is unable to go, he has previous obligations, but he promised to clean the house for me since I'm staying overnight. I'm just waiting for the rush hour traffic to ease up a little before I get going, but I think traffic will be heavy all day today. I'm driving back early tomorrow morning so I can get some last minute preparations done and be ready for our big Italian Christmas Eve dinner at my mom & dad's, and Midnight Mass. I'll try to check in with you all tomorrow.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, weezle!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 AM   #5  

2 more sleeps.
It is raining???!!
How will Santa get here with no snow was the topic of discussion this morning. It was very LOUD here. 6 kids in school. One 3 yo here. DH helped vacuum yesterday! I wrapped gifts and started to assemble the scrap books.
All is peaceful, happy and enjoyable. I may go and do Grandma’s hair if she wants me to.
Tomorrow I need to make 1 more batch each of, peanut brittle, almond brittle, fudge and rumballs. Shrimp and chinese side dishes for supper, Christmas Eve, a bottle-o-wine and candles......
Class party for both kids today. I am taking in caramel popcorn and games.
Hubby is off til Tuesday and he received a $500 bonus!!! This is the first time since I have known him that he has had a decent boss and is valued. I am only babysitting a few days in the next 2 weeks!!! Egads a holiday. Usually we both work cause if we dont work we dont get paid. Looking forward to it.
I MUST clean the darn kitchen, litterboxes and rabbit cage today, get hockey gear ready....suppose that’s it!!

Hugs you glorious, beautiful women. Happy, Happy Christmas or holiday celebration of choice!! Love ya!!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:28 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Sounds like everyone's getting ready for Christmas/the holidays. I finally have my shopping done, and only one more present to wrap, besides all of Dad's presents to Mom. I'll do that after work today.

We're supposed to go to MIL's for Christmas Eve lunch tomorrow afternoon, but I don't know that we'll be doing the lunch part. She got sick over a week ago with a sinus infection, ear infection, and upper respiratory infection. After a week on antibiotics, she had no relief, and started getting migraines. She's been throwing up because of them, and went to the ER Wednesday morning. They loaded her up with pain killers and sent her home. She went back to the doctor yesterday because what they gave her didn't help. They loaded her up with more pain killers and sent her home. We got a phone call this morning that she's in the ER again, and they're giving her an IV with fluids and more pain medication. I'm really starting to get worried. Say a little prayer for her, if you think of it. My mind goes directly towards "brain tumor," but for those of you who know me, I've been known to freak out and have anxiety attacks over things like this and overreact. I always think the worst.

Otherwise, besides going to Linda's tomorrow, in the evening we'll go to my parents' house for dinner. My grandma and uncle will be there, as well as our close friend, Abdul (my "brother.") After dinner, we'll do presents with those who won't be there Christmas morning, and then go to 11pm Candlelight service at church. Then, home by 1, and back to Mom and Dad's by 8 to open presents. Then Christmas brunch with more friends. I'm just glad to be able to spend this time with my family and close friends.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you all.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #7  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone! Happy 2 days before Christmas!

My husband is off work today (although not tomorrow) so we're having some quality time together today. The day's starting out with a bunch of errands - renewing our lease, post office, grocery shopping, Target run, but then we can just good off and watch Christmas movies or walk around our neighborhood.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Mamacita - I'm very sorry to hear about your job. I hope the new opportunity with your co-worker works out foryou!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Mama--so sorry you were laid off, but you do sound ok w/ it and there will be something out there for you!!!
Weezle--welcome back
cottage--the 1st b-day is always so much fun and the time does go by so fast
Hollyhock--wow you're a budy lady these days. I hope you can slow down enough to enjoy it. My head would be swimming with all that to do, you go girl

Me, I've got a bit of a head cold these last few days. I've drugged up today and feel like I'm walking through jello, eeewww strange feeling. If I can get away with it I may leave work early today and chill out on the couch. But since I feel a bit puney, I had some orange juice this morning, way off program but it's one of my comfort foods when I'm sick. And I foresee a bowl of chicken soup tonight, which won't be too bad. But I have got to get over this thing before Christmas. That's all I need is to spread this funk around on the holidays.

My DB picked up my niece last night for the holiday weekend. Her mother called him to come get her? Sometimes I just want to shake some sense into her!!! But Reagan was so happy to see the tree and presents and we baked some brownies last night for DH's work. So she seems happy and I guess that's all that matters. Well I may not be on the rest of the weekend, so I just want to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS and enjoy the holiday!!

Take care
Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fly by post from my friend's computer. She has been giving me heck about not eating right. Guess I need to change some things.

I'll be back in Delta late this afternoon and will catch up then.

An out of work vampire!
Old 12-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!! I am off of work until the 26th!! Hurray!! I can't stand the last min. shoppers!! Most can not understand why there is nothing left!
I have to make a run to Papa Joe's for some fresh shrimp & then back home I got to prepare dinner tonight. Dbf's family is coming over tonight for a get together....shrimp, cheeseballs, deviled eggs, portabello pizzas, cookies (I know!) Did I mention the peppermint cheesecake dipped in chocolate? Oh, and my double berry martini....not exactly OP. I have already committed to started phase 1 on Jan 2!!
I still have a scrapbook to finish...ugh! I can't wait to see my little niece...2 cute!!
Have a great, safe holiday everyone!!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #11  

Tammy, LOL ,This is slowed down. WAY slowed down. I am WAY relaxed and enjoying every minute!!!
Just listening to Amazing Grace by Elvis and visiting with all of you. HUGS!!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

oh my gosh, Elvis is KING man!!! I have him going throughout the house all holiday season. You have very good taste chickie
Old 12-23-2005, 11:37 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

OK, so they're hospitalizing my MIL on Christmas Eve Eve. They think she either has menengitis or multiple sclerosis. Fan-freakin-tastic. Just thought I'd keep you all posted. You all have a lovely day.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #14  

Good morning all!

I'm not an SB Chick but I wanted to pop over here to wish my Ruthie of the triple Xs a very Merry Christmas! I hope everyone in your life, human and canine, is doing well and you all are enjoying this joyous season!

Best holiday wishes to everyone else here too!

Kel
Old 12-23-2005, 03:44 PM   #15  

mama - I'm sending lots of wishes your way that you end up with a better job that you love!

weezle - Your mom in law has my prayers. I hope she gets better soon.

cottage - Wow. I remember Brian's first birthday. It was so much fun. Take lots of pictures to remember it by.

Holly - I think you enjoy being busy. Have a wonderful day.

tammy - I can't imagine spending Christmas away from my child. I think your niece is lucky to be spending time with you and her dad.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to everyone else!

Me - I've been busy doing lots of things that had gotten put off. I need to run out to the grocery store since we're now bringing oven roasted veggies, homemade cranberry sauce and deviled eggs to our friends for Christmas along with the Apple Cranberry Crisp desserts. At least everything is easy to fix and will make sure I have something healthy to eat so I can avoid the other stuff on her menu (like mashed potatoes and green bean casserole).
Closed Thread