Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #1  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Cool Noob to the forum (warning: long!)

Not new to 3fatchicks or Weight Watchers.

I restarted WW on 12/4. My first meeting was either in the late '80s or early '90s (range about 1988-1990) and I didn't like this whole thing back then when everybody would say how much they gained or lost once everybody was sat down. People who gained were given lectures. I felt like there was this competitive thing going on, got frustrated and left. I came back again some months later to give it a retry. Same thing. I also figured out something else about the leader that annoyed me. She was constantly bragging on how she stayed at goal for twentysome years and that she was a size twelve though she clearly wasn't (unles she was buying some serious vanity-size label clothes!). When I rejoined, I noticed she was visibly bigger but still going on about how she was a size 12 and how she's maintained for all those years. Bottom line was I felt like I was getting lied to, I'd have no issue with her size or her gaining, it's this whole bragging/denial thing she had going on. So I left.

In '02 I signed up for WW online, thought I'd give that a try. I did pretty well on it but I quit after some problems with managing seizures (I have temporal lobe epilepsy) and medication changes. I rejoined online this month.

I know in the 3FC reviews and other folks say that meetings are a better motivator but I just don't play well with others. I used to always do better teaching myself how to do things like add and subtract, ride a horse, or drive than I did with regular instruction. Here I can monitor my own stuff without carrying around tons of paper (I always lose it and I hate wasting paper). I can trial-and-error and sit and think "okay, here's what happened, what should I do instead?" I also take measurements along with the weigh-in because nobody's gonna see how many pounds I way, I don't have a number on my forehead or shirt like people in this one bank commercial

I'm far more motivated than I was because I can't fit into any of my jeans, my knees are killing me, I can't bend over without choking and I look like a heart attack waiting to happen. Or else like I've been hitting the beer tent too hard and I don't even drink.

Enough about me, how ya all doing?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Moon. I too am orbiting Chicago. I'm not much for going to the meetings, either, although my last leader (late 80s) was very good and did maintain her weight. You sound determined to do this. Good for you. Please feel free to join us on the weekly thread.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #3  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Question

Thanks, cece.

Um... I have a question about the weekly threads. My weigh-in day is Sunday, should I just jump into the 012/19- thread?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Yep, that's the thread to post to. We all weigh in on different days. We just start a new thread each Monday and post to it as we can during the week.
Closed Thread