Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of Nov. 27th**

Hi All! Just popping in to start a new thread...kids screaming in other room!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Well..the zoo in NO opened up yesterday so we took the kids..I couldnt sleep last night after seeing all the destroyed homes and thinking about the families spread out everywhere...It is 3 months tomorrow and it still looked like a bomb had destroyed everything..Garbage(entire households of things) piled as high as could imagine..Even BK and McDonald's has $6000 sign on bonuses and paying $10/hr to work..Most everything is closed except for the occasional drive thru's..No colleges/schools opened so no kids to work the jobs...I wanted to cry for the unknown people in those destroyed houses..all with marks of how many bodies inside, pets that had died or been rescued--RIP on many...just horrible...The city we visited on the weekends will take along time to become that beautiful city again...It was weird to see all the military police everywhere even in the zoo with m-16's on their shoulders.
Ok----No loss or gain this week...I havent exactly been the diet queen but it is a new week!!!
Hello all!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-27-2005 at 10:32 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone!! (Well, for another 15 minutes anyhow!)

DH gave me my Christmas present early (it was on sale and I was with him, so, it wasn't going to be a surprise anyhow), a Kitchen Aid mixer! It is so totally cool. I used it to make Toll House cookies and it was neat. I put 3 dozen cookies in the freezer (for last minute gifts, needing something to take for a get together or to serve to drop-in company) and kept out 1 dozen for us. I want to try making a cake from scratch. I tried and tried when I was a teenager, and they always came out flat and as heavy as a brick bat! When I try, I am going to make cupcakes and put them in the freezer so they aren't such a temptation.

I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and bought a new scale. I did not gain any wt the week were gone. I find it so very hard to believe. Cletus must be burning through the calories! I'm going to try to be super good this week and see if I can loose somthing. I hope so.

I put our Christmas tree up yesterday. It's a prelit tree (we got it for $15 at the after Christmas sale at the exchange last year) so it wasn't too hard to put up. I hate putting the lights on. I only put the glass ornaments on the top half. Alex was very excited and he helped me put the wooden ornaments on the bottom half. Well, he directed DH and I where he wanted them placed. He loves seeing the tree all lit up. DH wants me to wrap the presents and put them under the tree now, but I think it's too early. Can you imagine keeping a 2 year old from opening them for a month!

RR: That sounds very traumatizing. I can't imagine what those folks are going through. It will take years for the city to come back. I have to wonder if it will every be like it was.

I hope everyone is having a suepr weekend!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:35 PM   #4  
Week One

Hi I'm new here! I'm 33 and a SAHM to 5 kids ranging from ages 13-3.

I got my wake up call this week from my wonderful family at Thanksgiving. All everyone could seem to talk about was how big I've gotten. I have hypothyroidism/graves disease, and while I was sleeping one night someone stole my body and left me with this larger one. I did report it missing and put out an APB but there is still no sign of it yet...lol!

So I have gone from a size 3 to 14! At first I thought it wasn't too bad but after this weekend and then seeing a picture my son took of me (full body) I really have to lose some of this weight. When I exercise I tend to lose it, but I have a real hard time sticking to exercising. As far as eating, I'm never hungry during the day it's just at night and then I bust into my homemade tor. chips & salsa, that's my weekness. I seem to not be able to stop eating at night. My doctor gave me phentermine to help with eating at night and it works that's how I lost the 4 pounds but it gives me a really bad headache, so I don't like to take it.

Well I need to go get my little critters in bed now. Can't wait til I get to know y'all!

-Marla
Marla_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #5  
LBH

Hi Marla! Welcome to 3FC & 30-Somethings! Hop right in, I hope we can be of some support to you. And stay out of the darn homemade chips!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #6  

Hello Everyone.

Marla: Welcome!! . There are a lot of supportive people here. We are happy to have you here.

There's not much going on around here this week. I have mountains of laundry that are waiting for me. I'm having trouble motivating myself to get on with it.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:37 AM   #7  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hey guys ... Just wanted to pop in and say "Hello" Hope that y'all had a great Thanksgiving !!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 PM   #8  
LBH

Water...sweet, wonderful water... I just realized that I'm on my 5th bottle of water for the day. I have not done this well with the water for awhile. I love water...it's my drink of choice...after coffee at least. But for some reason, I have not been getting enough in. Now I have 2 .5 liter bottles on my desk and as I was just filling them up in the kitchen, I realized that that's number 5 & 6 for the day. WooHoo!! It's 2:22 now, so I'm sure I'll get up to 7 or 8 by 5:30 when I leave.

I've been bringing Lean Cuisine's for lunch, because they're easy, no planning and fussing in the AM. I just pack a snack baggie full of veggies to go with it, because there's just not enough food in the LC's. For breakfast, I've been having oatmeal with a little brown sugar, because they make it homemade in the cafeteria, but today I decided to have a ham & cheese omelet. I forgot to ask for egg beaters...will try to remember next time. I figure I could use the protein anyway...hmm, is there still protein in whites? I thought it was mostly in the yolk.

Getting better at staying away from the goodies that are everywhere...including my desk drawer!

Hi to everyone.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #9  

Hello Everyone,

Today was Alex's first day back at school in almost two weeks. He SO did not want to get up this morning. He was so grumpy. He was OK by the time we left, but whew, he blasted me pretty good before he settled. When I picked him up, he didn't want to leave! I'll be glad when it goes to three hours in Feb. An hour and a half doesn't give you time to do much.

Lauren: Hope work is going well. Stay out of the goodies!! It's so hard during the holidays. Goodies are everywhere!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #10  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Marla!! We are so happy to have you with us! I am pretty new here too and I just love it. There is so much support. I can't even say enough nice things about this board. I could so not have home made tor chips in the house. I don't even do well with the store bought ones!

I have been so bad about exercising. I can give you every excuse in the book too...all of which are not my fault. The baby is sick, teething, or tired. I have to take mom to the store. The kids are almost home from school. I haven't gone all week, why go now? You name it I've used it. I don't know how to get myself to get up and go. That's my challenge for now. I have cut down on my portions and how much I am eating, now I have to get my butt moving! Any suggestions for this?

RR-I couldn't even imagine what you saw in NO. There is a reporter here (Toledo, OH) who went down when it first happened and he's down there now after 13 weeks (he's from channel 13 and they like to do stuff with 13 in it) and the devistation there is just unreal! Very sad.

Well it's time to get back to work...have a great rest of your day everyone.
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:15 PM   #11  
LBH

For those of you who come directly to this page and may not start on the main 30-something's page...

Lauren's Post about Pics
Old 11-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok..on Monday we started the "Weight Loss challenge" at the hospital..I must confess...i cheated already....when I weighed in the initial, I drank tons of water and had many "things" in my pocket which put me at 148...I can almost gurantee the prize since it was 8 lbs heavy!!! Pretty smart huh???? I almost peed in my pants I had soo much water in the belly!!!hehehe Watch the prize be a water bottle!!!
RR
Hello to all!!! Have a good one!!!
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #13  
LBH

Vick!!! That's soo bad!!! Wrong attitude girl!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all. Sorry that I have been MIA lately, I have 2 weeks until finals are over! All of my papers and presentations are starting to be due right about now. 171 Days til Graduation!

Molly have you been watching the reports from Lee C. (Channel 13)? I have not, mainly because of class and school work. RR, I cant even imagine, and not good on loading down besides if you thought about it - I am sure alot of other people thought about it too thinking the same thing. (Sorry to be a downer - I just got out of class.)

Lauren, I am up for the picture thing, maybe now I have to get a new picture and scan it in. I have my graduation and I can scan in my wedding. Oh I just remembered I have one in my computer of me and my cousin at her wedding from this summer. That will do.

Hello to everyone else that I missed. I feel like that I am rambling and need to go to bed. Nighty-night everyone.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #15  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Yes Lisa I have seen a couple of Lee's stories. Some of it has been positive and upbeat, telling about some of the places that have re-opened and people still going down there as usual. And of course there has been some about people still missing and the garbage that is still piled up in places. Hopeful but sad at the same time...that's the news though, I guess.

RR- you know what goes around comes around...you just MAY get a water bottle. lol

Have a great day everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote