Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 05:26 PM   #1  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

Smile who got up this morning

how many of you ladies were up at the crack of dawn or earlier to stand in line to get great deals for shopping and in your shopping adventures how did you do staying on plan
Old 11-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #2  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

I was going to,but it was too darn cold last night and I didnt want to drive with all of the maniacs and hit black ice.Plus,I didnt even see anything that was such a great deal..lol
Old 11-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #3  
huntersmommy

i'm with ya there. didnt see anything that was that great of a deal so we stayed home went out later today got a few necessity things and came back home and still didnt see what all the fuss was about .
Old 11-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

Not I. I celebrated Buy Nothing Day by making turkey stock, cleaning, and looking outside at the beautiful first snow of the season.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #5  

I went to buy a diamond bracelet I had seen on sale in an ad. I loved it, but when I tried it on, it just was NOT me. Weird. There is nothing wrong with the bracelet - I just knew it wasn't for me.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:46 PM   #6  
Exercise Queen

DH and I got up at 5 am and headed out. He had some deals that he wanted to get early, I went just for company. He then treated me to Starbucks, which was a major sacrifice for him because he hates coffee. Today was my super high calorie/points day so I enjoyed myself!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:01 AM   #7  
huntersmommy

stagemom glad you enjoyed yourself. loralee i bet the bracelet was so pretty

I would have loved to have gone shopping but, since i'm a stay at home mom sometimes the budget gets a bit tight some months more than other yet another reason i'm going to school for medical transcription on line through the local community college. I need new clothes really bad everything i have is way to big and falling off me now which is great just wish i could have gotten a few things that were on sale at like walmart yesterday in the clothing dept. but, santa is coming
Old 11-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls......I've only lived in the States for 4 yrs now and I think you are all NUTS to be getting up soooo early!!! Several friends of mine have made this a tradition, rather a fun thing to do with the girlfriends and I say NO THANKYOU!!! Dh works in retail and he was getting up at 3am to go to work. uh huh.... YOU GIRLS ARE CRAZY!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:46 AM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm up in Canada so we've already had our Thanksgiving in October but I did watch the news footage of "Black Friday" ...Good Grief! People were lining up as early as 5:00 a.m. at the stores and at a Walmart in Florida they showed some people in a fistfight in the store - Yikes!

In my mind it is not worth it. Nothing is going to get me out of bed that early on a day off I actually refuse to leave my house on boxing day - I can't stand the crowds at the malls during the Christmas season so I sure as heck am not going to battle my way through them on boxing day. I would rather spend the day with family and friends.
Closed Thread