Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-19-2005, 06:56 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat, November 19th and 20th

Good Morning

How is everyone this fine Saturday?

Got any good plans for the weekend? I have none, which IS nice

I have gingerbread coffee this morning thanks to the new holiday coffeemate

Enjoy your day everyone.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Leenie,

It's a beautiful, suuny, cold day here. I'm going to go hiking with the doggies later this morning so that will be fun.

I finished another drawing of one of my doggies and it turned out nice. I really like the drawing class (okay, I like what I'm learning and like drawing but I don't like to go to class - I guess I'll never get past that). I'm going to work on my puppy website and put the drawings on there. So that's a project for today. I haven't touched the website in about a year.

Have a great day everyone!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

I've had a good Saturday, feeling reall good! Been to the gym and christmas shopping + went to see Harry Potter again this afternoon!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

i've been spending the day with dh so it's been a really good day! Fixing to fold some clothes and fix some supper.

Leenie - gingerbread coffee sounds really good! yum! I'm glad you don't have anything planned - I know when you work you just need sometimes to have nothing scheduled ~ enjoy!

Hey MMarie - it's good to see ya! I'm glad you are doing well with your drawings. I can barely draw a tree When you get your drawings posted maybe you could share your website with us.

Wow Mazarin - you are really on the ball - to the gym and christmas shopping too - wow! I think I'm doing most of my shopping on line this year - everything here is really picked over, and the stores only stay open for fewer hours and the traffic and lines are horendeous (sp?).

hope everybody has a good nite

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:18 PM   #5  

Hello

I cleaned all day......even managed to shampoo my family room carpet......so much dust everywhere.....felt good to get it tidied up.......

DD 13 is having her 14th birthday party today......a few days early.......they are at HP movie after some pizza......coming home for cake and presents......so I was just doing some prep work for tomorrow.....25 coming for dinner......turkey thawing, perogies made, everything done for today.

Anyhow just relaxing right now........see ya later.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:21 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good SONDAY Morning

I must start getting ready for church, today DD gets to do a Thanksgiving dance with the rest of the little girls. Its gonna be so cute, they have black long dresses, like just below the knee and they wear pink footless stockings. Then after the dance for thanksgiving comes the Christmas dance (in a few weeks) and they wear the same outfit but they put a big ol red sash around their waists. Of course I'll be there video taping it.

Then its home and I have to start cooking for DH's lunches and our dinners until Wednesday (since thursday we know what we're having lol gobble gobble).

Oooop, my coffee has arrived... DH wanted a bagel so he offered me a cup of hazelnut joe.... like I'm gonna say NO HAAA !!!

Whats everyone doing today?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Wow Mazarin - you are really on the ball - to the gym and christmas shopping too - wow! I think I'm doing most of my shopping on line this year - everything here is really picked over, and the stores only stay open for fewer hours and the traffic and lines are horendeous (sp?).
Okay you spoke to soon! Gym is off now.... for at least at week!

I was going over to my mum's this morning when I slipped on the ICE, I hadn't even walked three steps from the front door! and whoosh feet went right from under me and I landed on my arm!

So off to A&E, (ER to you guys) and I spent 4 hours there, although I can't fault them they where so good to me! X-rays done thankfully no break but I have badly brusied and pulled some muscle in the top part of my arm between my shoulder and elbow!! I have it all strapped up now and have to just take some painkillers for a couple of days!

It could only happen to me!!!! thanking god it's not broke as I go on holiday in 11 days, (more ice where I am going, off to Sweden!!!!)

I wouldn't mind my mum called me about 30 minutes before I fell warning me my dad had been out and it was really icey under foot! doh I was not listening!!!!

I am still alive though, just gonna go eat some Danish Pastries, recommended by the doctor to make my arm heal quicker!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #8  
prepare for the BEST time

well Mazarin, looks like we have something in common.....4 weeks ago I took a bad fall and fractured my left humurous bone, it has been extremely painful (and I'm left handed to boot).....just regaining mobility and starting PT, but still off from work for another 2 weeks.....BORING, BORING, Boring....I can't DO anything!!! (like shave under my arm and get into a bra easily, blow dry my hair, feed myself without spilling food).

the traffic in the threads is very light these days??? where is everyone? hopefully no longer depressed......I felt it hit hard, but my doc. says it's a result of the constant ingestion for heavy-duty narcs. for the pain.....and incidently they also suck the life out of my skin, so I look terrible too.....I've purchased a cartload of new moisturizers and guzzle water/seltzer but still look like something in the catbox!

hope you all have a great turkey day! be back next month...
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:41 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Geeeeeze, Maz and Marble, feel better !

Your in good company though, last week I threw my back out so bad I couldn't walk 10 feet w/out crying ROFL !!!

Just take it easy the both of you and get better.

HUGS
Old 11-20-2005, 09:52 PM   #10  
CIN

Hi Gals
Marble..........sorry about your accident..............you poor thing.It must me awful.

I have not posted or lurked for a while.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Thanksgiving. We can all certainly find much to be Thankful for..can't we? Even if it is not Thanksgiving where you are.

After spending the summer laying around I am enjoying running errands and working! I feel like I missed out on summer all together..especially with the grands!

Take Care!

CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:37 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
get into a bra easily, blow dry my hair, feed myself without spilling food
Yeah it took me about 20 minutes alone this morning to get into my bra! the air was a touch blue!!! Drying my hair was crazy when you cannot lift your arm!!

and i tip over the kettle last night, thankfully i had not switched it on!!!

Sorry about your accident Marble, i am in pain with this and no breaks so i can't imagine what pain your having. It was thought at first that was the bone i had broke thankfully it's not!!!

Best wishes to you Marble!