WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

Thumbs up has anyone tried

has anyone tried the new quaker oatmeal weight control I got a pkg of it the banana bread flavored one its 3 pts for one packet but, what I did this morning was I took a banana which is 2 pts cut it up and put it in a coffee cup and then added the oatmeal packet then 3/4 cup water and microwaved for one minute and it tasted great. Its very filling atleast I feel like it is. just thought I would mention it as a great breakfast food. it has 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber 3 grams of fat and 160 calories so 3 pts a serving isnt bad for something that taste so great
Old 11-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #2  

I use the real quaker oats, and not the packets. Much cheaper, more filling, more oatmeal for less points, better nutrition. Can't lose with that one.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  
huntersmommy

i just like the packets cause they are quick and easy I dont have alot of time these days between running my house taking care of my child and hubby and going to school and my lil boy likes them to. I just thought i would mention it as something that taste good and not to hateful in pts everyone is entitled to their own opinions on what is good and bad nutrition wise and what works for them. I personally hate regular oatmeal even with the splenda.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #4  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Oh man.I love this stuff
Old 11-12-2005, 11:14 AM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

I baught some of the banana kind yesterday, so I will try it this coming week....I sure hope it is good. I love oatmeal so I should be fine with it....glad it taste good to you..that is a good sign that I will like it
Old 11-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #6  

I eat both ordinary oatmeal in a cardboard tube and the instant oatmeal that comes in a cup. The regular is for when I have time and the instant is for last minute. I prefer the regular because I hate sweetened oatmeal. I llike it plain with and half cup of unsweetened apple sauce. No milk, just lumpy plain oatmeal. I will have to try it with a banana.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I buy the big box from Costco of assorted flavors with some 2 pt packets and some 3 pt packets (including bannana) and I live on the stuff. I will try adding the bannana on the bottom thanks for the tip!!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I like the packets for a quick breakfast. I also keep some packets in my desk at work in the winter in case I am running late and don't eat at home. I just make it in my coffee cup and eat it while I am reading my e-mail at work It is also a good afternoon snack if you are craving something sweet but low in points - I like the Apple cinnamon or the banana bread flavours - total comfort food
Old 11-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #9  

I haven't had the Quaker Weight Control oatmeal, but right now I'm into the Quaker Low Sugar oatmeal. I'm not sure what other falvors they have besides maple, but I love it-tastes just as good as the reg. sugar. And, it's only 2 points!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #10  
huntersmommy

i'm going to have to try that one molly i have seen it at walmart and i'm out of oatmeal going shoppng after weigh in tomorrow morning.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:07 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I buy the regular oats and prepackage them in baggies for quick "bring with me to work" breakfasts. I add Splenda and raisins. Although a banana might not be a bad idea!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #12  
Getting better every day!

Default Oatmeal

I have tried the Weight Control oatmeal, it is pretty good. I also added a banana. My favorite oatmeal is instant Raisin, Date & Walnut, made with milk and sprinkled with Nutrasweet. Yummy. 3pts for oatmeal, 2 points for 8 oz milk, (but you don't use that much for the oatmeal), and if you add 1/2 banana, then add another point.
Donna
Closed Thread