Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Unhappy I think I might throw up.

I looked up information on a stall. Because I cannot get rid of anymore weight, it's just the same 3 pounds, on then off. So I came across this in a different forum

Quote:
Jonny Bowden: The other thing you have to remember is that even in the event that you are in the small percent of the population where no matter WHAT you do your weight doesn' tmove, what's the best thing to do? Go back to what you were doing before? Hardly. You will then DEFINITELY gain. So the next best thing to do is come to terms with how much you have accomplished, congratulate yourself for your success, chill out, calm down, learn to love and accept your body as it is with the reduced weight you have achieved, and just let it go. You may eventually start to lose again, or, slight chance, you may not, but even if you don't you are WAAAAY better off than you were when you started. " COPYRIGHT LowCarb Living Magazine, 2004
OMG. WHAT if I"M one of those people! What if I'm just FOREVER stuck at 208 or 211?

I also read in many places about how they had a day of carb overload (100 carbs at least) and how they lost weight by doing it when they had a stall

Should I try this?? I just cannot STAND being stuck here, eating right and not losing ANYTHING. I'm super scared of having the awful feeling of carb overload. it's like the flu to me.

I'm sure I sound like a neurotic but it scares the crap out of me to think that I may be stuck in the 200's for the rest of my life.

thanks for any help
Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:10 PM   #2  

How long have you been stalled now? Sometimes when you get back to a weight that you previously maintained for a while it is difficult to get over that 'hump'. It is like your body goes 'Oh! I remember being here!" and then just stays there for a while. There are many 'stall busters' that others have used - there should be a thread about it in the archives. And you are right, sometimes if you just do a day or two of 'shake it up' eating that can get things moving in the right direction. (I'm not saying to go hog wild with bread/sweets, etc. - just maybe add in some fruits or carby veggies) But check out the stall busters first. I know I sound like a broken record but are you sure you are eating enough? Our bodies are very smart and will hold on to everything if they are sure when the next meal is coming.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

I think maybe not like a carb overload, but one little cheat might do the trick. I was starting to stall out and then I had a piece of cake at a shower and some other stuff, got right back on track and I started to lose. Those carbs almost helped to "flush" me out.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:48 AM   #4  
250/ticker/160

ok, I guess it wasn't a stall but a plateau. And it's been about 2 weeks now.

I just got back from a 2 mile walk and now I'm not sure wether to start the egg fast or whatever it's called or to just stay on track and drink more water and see what happens.

I've done so great so far by not cheating, I'm just terrified that cheating ONE TIME would throw me off track, I'm not secure enough with myself to do that yet.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Best advice I can give...DO NOT EAT CARBS ("cheat")!!! A stall might last as little as a few days to a month (or more). DO NOT BECOME DISCOURAGED!!! I know it's hard (been there. Done that....and NOW look at me! I DID used to weight 140 and got sidetracked because of a stall!!) but you'll find it's VERY worth it to stick on the track you're on. YOU"RE DOING GREAT!! Keep up the great work!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

what Brenda said!! I made it to 196 then stalled out......Im not there anymore!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #7  
250/ticker/160

Thank you girls, I honestly have no clue what I'd do without your support. I've just got back from a 3 mile walk and I've decided to stay op and just up the water and exercise until my body realizes that I will not accept it this way

seriously, I wish I could hug each of you
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #8  

Keep up the great work Lacey!

If you cheat! even if you only give yourself a day, it is so hard to stop! My last one day (eat anything I wanted) lasted 4 months and added 30 odd pounds!)
Stick it out! or change your routine a little, shake it up a bit excercise wise! Find something fun, but totally different to do! (I took up kayaking and running this month! LOL!!! and love both!!) I am wanting to find an indoor rock climbing venue, but i do not think there is any around! (I figure, I gotta enjoy excercise or I won't stick with it)

I wouldn't put too much thought into being at that weight forever, this is very negative! just say to yourself lets give it one more month! and see where i am at, If you keep up good habits the weight will still come off! and you will see yourself starting to lose again.

Think postive, like gee look at me! I hit a plateau , but I am going to keep on going, I am so proud that it didn't stop me trying to reach for my goal! If I can stick it out "I'VE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

cheers
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #9  
250/ticker/160

Thanks icedragon for the advice. Unfortunately due to a recent lumbar surgery, the only activities I'm allowed are swimming and walking. So I've upped my walking routine a little. As always, it's nice to be able to post struggles in this forum because so many have been through them.

I appreciate it
Lacey