Old 11-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - November 5th and 6th

Good Morning Chicklets

Whatcha all got planned for this weekend? anything exciting?

Nothing much here, sosdd. Cleaning, cooking, maybe the park

You all being OP this weekend? What about exercise? I noticed the trek is empty. You do realize exercise helps HAAAAAAAA !!!!!! yeah I couldn't resist that one... ***ducking incase brenda smacks me***

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

hi leensand all to come.
It is the weekend so time to catch up on the laundry, I never seem to be able to catch up durring the week.

I got a lot of errands done yesterday, so a little cooking on tap for today too.

Haave a good one...
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:23 AM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

Good Morning everyone!!!

It's a cool crisp morning in East Tennessee, a little overcast, but it's supposed to burn off to a beautiful blue sky day. I've been arguing with myself for the last hour about putting my shoes on and going for a walk or waiting a while - I imagine that I'll get to it before the day escapes me. My goal is 3 miles at a good clip today. Christi, Corry and I are going to do a fund raising walk for Thompson Cancer Survival Center next weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it. We started walking a few days a week over the Summer, and decided to make participating in the walk our getting in shape goal, so it's really exciting now that we're almost there! When I first started walking, .4 miles had me rubber legged and panting, now I'm walking 2 miles or more w/o killing myself - it's been really encouraging to see the progress I've made.

Tomorrow will make two weeks on Atkins, and I'm still here - wooo hooo! Weigh in is Monday morning at work (we have a physician's scale there) and I'll let y'all know how it goes. I hope I can see the same progress in my diet efforts in 4 months that I'm seeing with the exercise now.

I have been having a little difficulty this week that I'm a little embarrassed to ask about, but if I don't ask, I guess I won't know what to do, huh? I usually go to the bathroom every day, sometimes twice, but this week I haven't really been able to go much, and when I do it's been difficult\uncomfortable. I've drunk enough water to float the Navy and that's not helping. I ate spinach and lettuce, nada. I went to the pharmacy last night and the pharmacist suggested Senokot, which I bought and took last night, I'm hoping that doesn't have carbs in it - none are listed on the label. Is this common? Is it going to be an on-going problem w\Atkins, or is it one of those things that will pass as my body adjusts to the diet? I looked in the FAQ section, but didn't see it addressed, so maybe it's just me?? If it's a common, consistant problem with LC, what do y'all do about it? I took the Senokot last night and nothing has happened yet, so I'm going to wait to go walking until something does. Can you imagine getting stuck on the walking trail w/o a bathroom in sight when it kicks in? LOL

On that note, I'm going to go toss a load of laundry in, dust, vacuum and clean up the kitchen. I'll go grocery shopping on Monday, so I guess I'll clean the fridge since I'm glued to the house this morning.

Have a great day everyone!!

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning Ladies

Tenn~ yup, its very common! At least until you start adding more carbs (veggie carbs) I take a psyllium husk fibre supplement. Works wonders

Had pizza last night for supper, and Im all puffed out this morning!! I could certainly tell I didnt eat properly last night when I woke up this morning. Im back to it and feeling better already.

Not much else happening....we are watching the grandkids, ss and dil are going to the marine ball tonight. So we have the munchkins overnight. I think we will be doing something active after supper....so they might fall asleep before midnight

Have a great saturday everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Tenn: psyllium husks work, and my doctor told me that if I need to, to take a mild laxative every few days as needed. After a few weeks you should be regular again, so there is hope in sight! (never be embarrased to ask, no such thing as a silly question )

this was the last day of my garage sale and boy am I glad it's over. I managed to squeeze at least a mile yesterday and today and have been staying OP so that's good considering that I'm stressed out and still have a million things to do Hopefully I can sleep lllllllllatteeeee tomorrow!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, sorry I haven't been around. Diet hasn't been going well since I got back into town and my two year old was just diagnosed yesterday with an ear infection and pneumonia. I've had my hands full. Just wanted to stop in and tell you I'm still alive, barely, but alive.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:02 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Tenn, yep the girls are right...get some psyllium husk. I forget the name of the brand I used to take but its a powder that you can add to either crystal lite or diet soda to get it down.

Adrey, yikes on the poor little guy. Hope he feels better soon.

Brenda??? where are you chicklet?

Lacey good going on the garage sale and walking AND being OP.. YOU ROCK!

Robin hope you had fun with the kiddies and sorry about the pizza lol. Today's a new day

L - hope you got your laundry done. You know I do at least one load a day. I put it in while I'm getting things done in the morning and then when I come home I stick it in the dryer. Its an endless cycle but I find if I don't do it like that I have a HUGE MUTHA pile on the weekend and that makes me cranky LOLOL !!!!

nothing much happening today, chuch, visiting MIL, cooking and enjoying the outdoors. Its gonna be beautiful today.

Hope your day is OP. Try a little walk in the park or down your street.... bet it makes you smile
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Up late, and up early grandkids are fed, and Im ready to send them home already Im not used to have 3 busy kids around...mine is so quiet, (usually) even when she has a sleep over, its giggly girl stuff, not superhero bombs, and explosions!!

Dh and I are off soon....dil is here

Have a great sunday!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #9  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Robin: LOL that reminds me of the time I babysat the son of one of my friends. He was potty training and he ran to my bathroom and then just looked up at me. I have two girls so I do NOT know how to train a boy. I just said "I'm sorry dude, you're gonna have to do the diaper thing, I'm not sure what goes where" and he ran back out and watched tv.

Audrey: A little slip up is okay girlie, just jump back on the healthy train and guzzle the 'ol water. You can do it!!

Thought I wanted to sleep late but too much needs done. Got a blister because I wore different shoes yesterday and I tanned to long and burned myself so I guess Instead of walking I may try to lift some canned corn for a while or something

Have a great day girls!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #10  
TemporaryFatChick

Thanks for the heads up on psyllium girls, I got some today. The Senokot kicked in yesterday, and "thank God" is all I have to say on that subject!

I walked a few miles yesterday, beautiful day, and I really enjoyed being outside. I watched the Vols get thrashed by Notre Dame. I don't care if they loose, but I HATE it when they play badly and make stupid mistakes, it's so irritating. I pulled out some yarn and started working on a scarf for a Christmas gift. I don't crochet in the Summer, mostly Fall and Winter, so I enjoyed it, besides, busy hands don't snack!

I love to cook, so I experimented in the kitchen a bit and came up with my first LC recipe. I posted it in the recipe section, take a gander and lemme know what you think.

Today started off stormy looking, so I got my shoes on and went walking before it had a chance to rain on me. It was windy and crisp and the leaves were blowing off the trees into the creek. The sky was blue, then cloudy, then blue, and the creek was churning pretty good. It was so beautiful and I was enjoying it so much that I sorta lost track and walked much further than usual. In the end I got almost 4 miles in, rather than the usual 1.5-2.

I went grocery shopping after my walk. I needed psyllium, was almost out of eggs, and figured that I may as well go while I was out. The apples looked so inviting today - I really miss fruit. Until I started this two weeks ago, I ate two pieces a day, usually at breakfast with some toast or instant oatmeal, and at lunch. Atkins is such a different way to look at food! Things I thought were "good" like fruit, tomatoes, etc., are just loaded with carbs. So much for thinking I was eating healthy, huh?

I hope you made a killing at the garage sale Lacy. You did all that, walked AND ate right??? O man, I need to go to Lacy-Bootcamp!

superhero bombs, and explosions!!
hehehe, little boys are great, aren't they??

I need to go put the clean sheets on the bed, iron something for work tomorrow, and get the pork roast ready for the oven.

I'm so glad I found y'all
Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote