South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  
gotta lose it!

Default Weekend Chat11/5-11/6

Good Morning Everyone!!
Wow I haven't started the daily in weeks....I'm not usually up this early. I am up because I have to work today, but at least it is overtime!
I decided to go back on Phase I earlier this week & so far I've done well. I did have too many nuts yesterday because I had the peanut butter silk pie & then later in the day I had some cashews!
Well I must get going, I have to look for a soup kitchen to volunteer for in my area (I'm in charge of the volunteering program at work) and my little furbabies are demanding my attention because DBF is still asleep.
I'll check back in after work.....everyone have a great OP weekend!!
Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Soon. Sorry you have to work today. You do get time off during the week, I hope! Thanks for the reminder re the soup kitchen. I intend to volunteer for Christmas Day this year and should get on it.

Hershey is just gorgeous after her time at the "spa" yesterday! I stayed while Keith did her and helped him out with another dog who needed to be held down to get nails clipped! My wonderful Hershey just stood on the other grooming table and did her Queen Victoria act while this was happening. What a good girl! This morning she will breeze throught the Thera-Paws re-evaluation - just a formality as she has been officially out of the program for over a year. (She had that bad infection after the last litter and then was spayed.) I was supposed to work as the chief evaluator for another group of dogs this afternoon but opted out and delegated the job. It would be too long for her and for me! My knee is yelling at me this morning and would be screaming by this afternoon.

Yesterday I watched my neighbour plant garlic in one of my back veggie plots. He has put in 3600 and is only halfway there. If the weather holds he should finish today. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain so the timing will be right. I may help him this afternoon if he's not done. I keep singing "Garlic Fields Forever" when we're out there!

I have to leave at eight and am not dressed so had better jet. I'll check in later.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:25 AM   #3  

12 hours of party action all day today!!
Today my baby boy turns 7!!!! He had a great day at school. He forgot I was bringing a cake so it was a surprise!! His class wrote out a chart of all the reasons they like him. It is up on the livingroom wall. It was beautiful to see and read. He was so calm and touched.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I can do this.
2. Weekly weight. 229
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level.
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks. 3 meals
6.# fruits, # of veg. 3 veg
7. How many glasses of water. lots
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed. 5:30pm. bed 11pm
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions. I ate pizza top with feta and spinach for breakfast. 1) because it I did want to waste it, 2) because it was good.

10.General feelings about food, exercise, life. I felt good all day and around 7pm the sinus headache started up. I had a major meltdown when I got home from gymnastics. DD was whining over nothing and I just started to cry. I asked DH for help clearing out the van for today and bringing in groceries. He didn’t. I just sobbed and sobbed. I had asked him for help the night before with dishes. He had told me to just relax. I did relax and nothing got done. He got upset, told me to #### off, I told him too right back.LOL! The kids sprung into action and tidied up toys and got changed for bed without any drama. Dh didn’t hold a grudge.
I do not understand why none of these 3 can not put garbage in the garbage. They just toss it on the floor or on the table. it has been partciularily bad with halloween wrappers. I dotn know how DH thinks anything will get done if I dont do it. Relax indeed. Get off your sorry *** and help then. I work just as hard. Maybe harder and for less cachola so I can be here for all of you. HELP dammit. ARG! LOL!
11. Any really good events or feelings today.~ yes, it was actually a calm day, I thoroughly cleaned both bathrooms, that makes me insanely happy. Boys pee everywhere.It was a very quiet morning. I had a peaceful afternoon. I was fun to treat DS to something special. I ate well all day after the pizza.

12. Overall, how did the day go. okay till the evening.

13. How can I improve for tomorrow. Um be happy all day long, LOL!

Ruth ,Soon~ HI!! HUGS to everyone!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #4  

Top o the Morning Chicks!
We're on our way to explore the downtown Raleigh area today...may go to the museum and the IMAX there...
have a super Saturday!
Old 11-05-2005, 09:58 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning. chicks! Today will be a busy lab day and I'll try to head to the library that I never made it to yesterday. I'm on P1 starting yesterday and I sort of blew it. I ate 2 bananas and a pb scone. Other than that everything was within a decent calorie range and OP. Today will be better now that the bananas are out of my house. Last night I made the pesto chicken from the new cookbook. Yummy!! Is all I can say! Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Maybe some soup. THis morning it's green beans w/ eggs again. Yum! Have a great day chicks!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #6  

I just found out my son sold enough Cub Scout popcorn to earn a college scholarship. It's only about $150 but it will earn interest. He's as thrilled about this as he is about the Nintendo DS he earned from his sales.

I'm about to head to the grocery store. I have lots of new meals planned from the new cookbook. I'll let you guys know if they are good.

I did manage to donate blood today. I was a bit dizzy afterwards. Turns out my blood pressure got too low. I'm fine now (except for a nasty looking blood clot but that will fade). I did get out jogging with Brian this afternoon. It was almost too hot to jog. We were well into the 80's today.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

It's dark here and nearly 5:30. Moel is STILL out there planting garlic. I refuse to plant in the dark although he has one of those lights on a headband! Too funny!

Hershey aced her re-test this morning and is also madly in love with a black Standard Poodle named Brie! She doesn't often fall in love but Brie must have reminded her of Sure Shot Simon, her first love! I am quite relieved that she did OK - the problems with her herding instincts have abated.

After lunch I did some work in putting the garden to bed. Thank God for Tylenol3! It started to rain at 3:30 so I went up to the Church to work inside.

Now the Girls and I are settling in for a quiet Saturday night with a fire in the woodstove, something simple and OP for my dinner and an early bed.

I hope your Saturday was as good as mine!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #8  

Hi everybody, my name is Donna, I am 26 from Indiana, and I was wondering if I could join ya'll. I am starting SB on Tuesday, my DH gets paid Mon, so I can go get my stuff that night. I have PCOS and was told that SB could help alot with my weight loss as WW didn't do much. I am not insulin resistant (yet) and I would like to keep it that way, so I am willing to try anything. I am trying also to get my weight under control so that I will be healthy enough to concieve. Right now a pregnancy would probably be hard on me. I want a baby so bad, and I am going to lose so I can have one! Right now it is just me, DH, my 10 week old lab, Magellan, our 5 year Golden retriever, Cinnamon, 5 year dapple dachshund, Slinky, and evil kitty Peanut who is also 5. Just a little background and I hope you will let me join!
Hugs,
DOnna
Old 11-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #9  

Also a quick question, my anniversary is on the 19th, and I will still be on Phase 1, if I have 1 glass of sparkling cider, will it mess up the entire phase 1? just wondering, don't want to screw up.
Thanks,
Donna
Old 11-06-2005, 08:06 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Welcome, Donna - and welcome to the furries as well! You'll like it here. Weekends are pretty quiet sometimes but be sure to join us in the daily again.

Sparking cider? You'll be close to the end of Phase I so it shouldn't affect you much. If it sets off cravings, just stay on Phase I for another week.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #11  

This is looong. Just needing to get thoughts out and share. You really dont have to read it. LOL!!
Lots going on in my head.
First this darn sinus headache that comes and goes but then when it is bad I toss in a tension headache from coping with the pain, OUCH!! Thank goodnees for drugs that take the edge off.
We had a beautiful day yesterday. I tried to have a good talk with hubby. DS had a perfect and wonderful Bday.
My Mom was not a knob.I am loving my cats. The laundry room now has two kitty apartments. The geriatric one for Clyde and the baby one for Rainbow. I am happy I dont have to go anywhere ar do anything for at least 3 hours and then after church I ahve the afternoon free.
Food has been so so. Good breaky and supper, awful lunch with the kids at the Gym place. There were no good choices. I felt too crappy to pack a lunch sigh. Who knew you could deep fry mac and cheese? Weird.

My day looked like this:
Got up at 7. DH was just leaving for the the hockey Trainers course.He will now be on the bench for DS’s team. Had my coffee, fed the kids and myself. We all got dressed. At 8:30 DS’s friend came( his folks were golfing). at 8:45 I packed the van and went to town to set up my table at the farmers market, drove DD to a friends house for the day, got home at 9:45am and Sis and BIL were waiting. They had bought a new couch and brought me their old futon. BIL and I moved that in.Gave Sis Mom’s Avon order. 2 more of DS’s friends came. Put everyone’s booster seats into the van and loaded in 4 7 yo’s. It was an enjoyable 45 min drive.We spent 5 hours at the jungle gym place. A year makes a difference. These kids were pretty independant. I sat and relaxed. Closed my eyes,rested. It was nice. I enjoyed not having to look at this messy house. Drove back to our town and dropped all the kids off. DH got home at 4. I popped some chicken in the oven. Their were left over potatoes and veg. I started cleanig house. DH sat and talked with DS and then cracked open a beer and watched TV. I asked him for help. He said no.I cried. He got mad. Then we discussed it.
Our views differ. I am not sure if there is a right or wrong.
I asked him to hear me out with out commenting and then I would listen to him. He interupted twice but we got through it.
My point went like this: We need $3000/month to live as we do.He earns 2/3 of that but his income fluctuates. I need to earn money to make up the slack. We have made choices together about my job to not compromise what we want for our family. That is all pretty good.I started the Avon biz to earn more $$ and because i like it. It is taking up time. It is in a building stage and I am not earning a ton but if I grow it well and I am: next year this time I will be earning thousands. DH stops working as much in the winter and every winter we struggle financially. So, as I see it my extra few thousand over the holiday season makes a lot of sense.The problem is that my time is well used and i run out of time every single day to do household chores and it it really depressing me. I am asking for him to help more.
He got defensive about me bringing up money and income. I said it is the reality. If you want me to be just a housewife and mother he either had to earn twice as much income or we gave up a lot, possibly our home and got an apartment in the city. He argued we live simply. Yes we do! Life is expensive. He argues that I am home all day and he is gone 10 hours a day. True but I am working at home. He says what i am supposed to do come home form work eat supper and clean? I suggested we do it together. He says relaxing is as important as the housework and it is also when he spends time with the kids. True again. I asked if he would at least take on the job of washing the pots and pans after supper each night it only takes a half hour. He didn’t answer. He said the reality is we are both really busy and there is not enough time to do everything that needs to be done so what is the point of being upset. There is truth to this. He was gone for 8 hours yesterday too taking a course to help DS’s hockey team, which again is monumentally important to our son’s well being.I am here all day every day. the clutter and mess is really getting to me. I went to bed early 3 nights this week because I am sick and sooo much didn’t get done. I know for a fact he sat and had a beer and watched TV. He did not step up and help when I was down. He told me to go to bed and rest. I knew I needed to so I did. Now I feel like I am being punished with extra work for being sick and taking care of myself. Why should I have to pick up his empty beer bottle in the morning and put it away before my kids start to arrive????He thinks I am stupid. This is how I feel.
Anyhow. The discussion is over. We heard each other out. Will anything change?? He didn’t hold a grudge so that is good.
At 4:45 we ate supper. At 5pm we left the house. Picked up DD on the way to hockey. DS played goal for the first time this year!!!! It was spectacular. All the parents were shouting and cheering him on. He made stellar saves against a really tough team. Out in the parking lot the other team was going on about what a great goalie our team had!!!!! my boy just glows when he plays net. He just LOVES it. it is such a funny thing that the only time he is ever calm in on the ice in the net. He gets this beautific smile after a game when he comes off the ice. All the grandparents were there to watch. Then we all went over to Tim hortons for birthday donuts. Hubby’s folks gave him a hockey sweater and my folks gave him a watch. It was all soooo nice. We were home at 8:30, kids into jammies, talked about our days and then to bed. I watched Trading Spaces,fed all the critters and went to bed.
I had a great deep sleep. No headache yet but my sinuses are full. DS is palying with some new toys. DH and DD and snuggles into bed together.
The other thing on my mind is the hand me downs from my family. We have quite a bit furniture from my parents and Sis. It kind of bugs me because when ever they are around they comment about visiting their old stuff etc. Thing is they buy really good expensvie stuff and then dont want it a few years later. What they consider junk is way better then anything we would ever buy or could afford.So they give it to us. Sometimes I feel like the poor pathetic relative and then others I think they are foolish for what they spend on new stuff etc. Why not take what they consider garbage? It is all about choices. I guess I wish they wouldn’t comment on it when they are here.
We are thankful and gracious about it. I dont tlike the comments about our “quaint” country life, how hard working we are, about my voluteering..... I cant tell if it is a dig and pride on their part. Really it is none of their business to comment on any of it.

Today I will eat well all day. I will take time to relax and I will get the downstairs cleaned up.

Have a glorious day!!
Old 11-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday on the daily.Got lazy posting, don't want go there. It was one of those days, BLAAAAAAAAAAA!!nothing exciting going on,Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday.Today is alittle better as I can start going back to my ususal Sunday Brunch which I missed termendously not being with my friends due to illness.{Headcold}

Yesterday was my w-i but I didn't feel up to that either. Will W-I tomorrow.

Have to get ready for church will post back later. Until than Hugs BB
Old 11-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning chicks! Welcome Donna!

I didn't get hardly anything done this weekend that I had planned. Hopefully today will be more productive. I'm off to get more coffee, be back later!!

Oh, Ifound a thread on pet rats on this site! hehehe!! Who knew!! Now you gals don't have to hear about all my new rattie adventures........never mind...yes, you do!!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #14  

Thanks for the welcome, if the cider sets off cravings, I will stay on Phase 1 for another week.
Hugs,
Donna
Old 11-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're having a gorgeous Indian Summer weekend here. Yesterday DD was here with the GD's and wanted to go shopping deep in Amish country, and we had a fun time. We stopped for supper at a Pennsylvania Dutch smorgasbord, but I did pretty well except for having some dessert, so I'll try to make up for it today. DS is here to help Jake rake up leaves and get some other yardwork done, so I'm going to make lasagna for dinner, using WW noodles and ground turkey breast. My DIL and Amber will be joining us, too, so I'm offering ice cream with home-canned peaches for dessert rather than making something I'll be tempted to eat. The phone is ringing and no one is picking it up, so I'd better get it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Closed Thread