Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #1  
_________

Default Daily meal plan for weight loss?

Does anyone have a daily meal plan for weight loss?

Specifically, what are some exact examples of what a person who needs to lose about 80 lbs can/should eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Any help along this line would be greatly appreciated.
I'm tired of being a fatso and need to lose alot of weight, so I need some serious structure here.
Rockrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Do you have any ideas or preference about what type of plan you'd like to follow? For example, I'm eating low fat, low carb, and high protein. Will you be counting calories? Or do you just want some very basic, healthy meal plans?
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM   #3  

Smile I also need some help

Kate, It seems as though every Monday I start a new "type" of diet, I honest believe the way you are doing it is the best for me. If you don't mind would you give me some ideas of a day in the life of Kate (food wise of course). I seem to have the most trouble with snacking. Thanks you are an inspiration. Cheryl
napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:13 AM   #4  
singletrack chick

have you ever tried just food journalling. i need a strict regimen to follow as well, but for me, it was enough to say...."no more than 1600 calories a day, right it down". fo lot's of people that's not enough structure, but it helped my food knowledge soar, and its still working today.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:28 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oh goodness. I can't be on a strict regimen. I end up feeling deprived and rebel against the diet. So for me, I have just continued eating what I had always ate before, but just less of it. But, I have noticed that since I began (Aug 04) I have gradually changed "what I always eat." I used to eat fast food and still did in the begining of my journey---just less of it. And now I don't eat any fast food at all. I think my food likes have changed a little bit now that I am tasting fleeting morsels of "Thin." I just don't like to feed my body so much junk anymore (even though if I am at a restaurant I still feel free to order fries or pizza and know that I am in control, not the food, and so eat smaller portion sizes). This is what works for me, anyway.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:44 PM   #6  

ditto: I eat healthy foods but I don't have a forbidden zone. moderation is the key at least for me. So each person has to do what works for them I never eat over a certain amount of calories and I exercise. So if I do eat something a little high in calories I just exercise it off. Do whatever works to reach your goal and remember we are all different what works for me may not work for you. stay healthy and I hope you find a plan you can live with
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by napper
If you don't mind would you give me some ideas of a day in the life of Kate (food wise of course). I seem to have the most trouble with snacking.
Hi Cheryl ,

I'd be glad to give you some ideas ! Please bear in mind though that I still have yet to tackle the Vegetable Monster -- meaning, I seriously struggle to eat even ONE serving a day, much less five! And as for snacking, I snack all day! Seriously. That way I'm never starving at meal times and it keeps my metabolism humming along nicely . I'll put the times that I snack in (below) and then make a list at the bottom of what I snack on.

By the way, I also can't cook. At all . If it can't be prepared on a George Foreman grill, I don't eat it . So nothing here will be fancy! (And PS: I know many people think Special K isn't the best choice of cereal, but I really like it -- it's always been a struggle for me to actually EAT breakfast, so I need something yummy to get me started).

Okay...here's a normal day for me:

Breakfast
- 1 cup tea w/ fat free milk + Splenda
- 1 bowl Special K w/fat free milk + Splenda
- OR (100%) whole wheat toast w/almond butter
- OR protein shake w/banana + pear blended in
- apple or banana

Snack #1 -- 9:00 or 10:00am

Lunch
- tuna sandwich on (100%) whole wheat bread
- OR sometimes just the tuna (if I was carb-heavy the day before)
- baby carrots
- apple or banana
- (sometimes) Nabisco 100 calorie pack of peanut butter cookies

Snack #2 -- 1:00 or 2:00pm

Snack #3 -- 3:00 or 4:00pm

Dinner
- 1 or 2 Quorn cutlets
- OR 2 Boca burgers
- OR a 6 oz steak
- OR a 6 oz salmon filet
- (sometimes) string beans or baby carrots or corn-on-the-cob

Snack #4 -- 8:00 or 9:00pm

As I said, I eat a lot of snacks! Sometimes it's even more than this -- like driving to work/school around 8am or so. Here's what I eat for snacks (obviously, only one of these = a snack at any one time!) I specifically try to get in at least 2 of the protein-heavy snacks (cheese, cottage cheese, etc.) a day. My goal is 100 grams of protein a day and the snacks really help out with that.

Snacks
- apple
- banana
- protein shake
- low-fat string cheese
- cottage cheese (small tub)
- no-sugar-added tapioca pudding (small tub)
- Nabisco 100 calorie packs (peanut butter cookies, Ritz snack mix, etc.)
- baby carrots
- green/red peppers sliced up
- nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews = "best" but still should be limited)
- Wasa crisp bread

It's pretty basic, and I'm sure many people would prefer fancier stuff, but it works for me .
Old 11-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #8  

Default Thanks Kate

Thanks for the info, I really feel that I can do this, I just have trouble stringing several weeks together, it seems I lose and then can regain in one yumbo weekend. Anyway I have to learn self control. Thanks for the snack ideas . Wish you the very best - Cheryl
napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by napper
Wish you the very best - Cheryl
You're welcome! And thanks for the wishes....I need them today as I had a donut . NOT part of my normal food plan!