Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #1  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile Weekly Thread 10/30 thru 11/5

Hi everyone!!! I'm pretty bored right now, so I'm starting this week's thread. It is so quiet on here these days. I think about half the Sistas don't come here any more.

I may have to go trolling for new Sistas. Or get out the torches and go find all the old ones. Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!

Ok, let's get some action going this week.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #2  

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kitty I know what you mean!

Sorry I can't add much action though. There is not much to report except I am so off plan it's not funny. I need to go to the grocery store but I have no desire to go. DH took the kids outside to play in the leaves and I fell asleep on the couch. I can't complain about that. While I was sleeping he put them down for thier naps. But, he's disappeared somewhere while we were all sleeping. SO I am not sure if we're going shopping or not.

Well have a fabulous week everyone!!!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #3  
Tryin' Again

Hi Misty,

I'm so off plan too. I don't even know what my plan is these days.

I do have some news from here - my dd is going to get married in March or April. We are all going to Las Vegas for the wedding. When she & her bf used to drive the truck together, they always said if they got a run to Las Vegas, they were going to get married. Well, they did get some trips to Vegas, but they never went there together!!

They've been together for about 8 or 9 years. They've tried living together 2 different times & they always seem to get along better when they don't live together. I don't know how being married will work out. Do ya suppose they'll have seperate addresses?? That would be my kind of marriage!!!

In other news, Jon & shelbi & kids are still here. Get this, they are going back to Washington state in January. Shelbi is a professional student. As long as she stays in school working toward a degree she wont have to start paying back student loans. At least that's the plan. She's been going to school for the last 10 years. A real piece of work. She wants to be an RN & then be a midwife. I say if you go to a hospital & she is your nurse, get out while u can!!! I'm serious.

Ok, enough of this, as you can see, I have issues!!! lol

Everyone have a great week,
Old 10-31-2005, 10:57 AM   #4  

Hey ladies...yes very quiet here on a daily basis now...hate that!! Misty so sorry you didn't get to eat your expensive dinner...I hope you are able to get some shopping done soon. Sounds like it was a nice restful afternoon at your house yesterday. We were going non stop all weekend. Used the majority of my flex pts over the weekend. So need to get in my water to get out all that sodium. Kitty-Congrats on DD..you are cracking me up about the seperate addresses and Shelbi!! LMAO!

Well posted this on the WI thread, but had a gain this week and was devistated. I had one bad day and I worked out 5 days this week...kinda confusing but oh well..didn't do something right. So here we go again...another week and I will lose this week by golly...gaining is for the birds!
Old 10-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #5  

Hi ladies!

Ok Time to break out the torches...WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!!!!

Anyway. I am still off plan. It's BAD....really BAD!

I started a new official Chirstmas Challenge Thread hoping maybe it would catch the attention of some new comers. Plus Christmas is like 7 weeks away! Yeah, not good!

Kitty-Congrats about your daughter. I hope it all works out for them! I will be on the look out for nurses named Shelbi. The bonus is theyw ill be out of your house, right?

Marcie-I am sorry about your gain. Don't stress about it we all have them, even when we're working the plan. Stay on track and your efforts will pay off!

Well have a fabulous Halloween everyone!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Ack! Get that torch away from me! I'm here, I'm here! *cowers*

Hehe, hi ladies! So sorry for the long absence. But! I have good news! I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!

*blink*

No...that wasn't the good news.

The good news is this:

I passed my comp exams!!!

I'm so excited! This means that now I don't have to worry about retaking those things again. Whew. Now the only bulwark between me and my Master's degree is my thesis, and I control that, so I'm not too worried about that any more. Whew, such a good feeling to have those things over with.

Now we need to turn our attention to Lori--she has her exams in about a week or two I think. They're coming up for her, so she's likely in that overwhelmed stage that I was in a few weeks ago.

I can't chat too much longer because I've got a session with my trainer in half an hour. Gotta go get dressed and all that. Y'all were talking about being off plan...yeah. Me too. Really badly, too. At first I was saying that it was because of the stress of the exams (which it could have been), but that excuse isn't flying now. I've gotta get myself back on track. I stopped writing things down for a while because I knew how to eat. I need to start writing everything down again--I think I've forgotten what points values different foods have. Also, I've not weighed in for the past two weeks because I was studying like a crazy woman one weekend and this past one I was out of town. So now I've gotta go weigh in this Saturday and pray for a loss or at least maintenance. I haven't been losing lately. Just platueaing. Maybe that's why I've been so off plan, too. I'm sure I'm frustrated.

But! I'm not doing any good for myself just carrying on like this. I can sit here and make excuses all day long, right? So now that I've identified the problem, I have to take the initiative to repair it. It's time for more cardio and to increase the intensity. It's time to make the right choices daily to write everything down.

And eep! It's time to run out the door because I've lost track of time. Lol.

Have a good day ladies! I love you all!
~Amanda
Old 11-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #7  
Tryin' Again

Congrats on passing your exams!!!!! Now that's behind you...

Glad you're back with the Sistas. I'm putting away my torch!!! Life does get busy, doesn't it? If we could only learn how to eat healthy & keep going with it; that would be wonderful. I guess that's what thin people know that we don't. We must just be wired differently.

Ok, enough philosophy this early in the day!!!

Again, glad you're back with us, Amanda!!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #8  

WOO HOO AMANDA!! I'm so happy for you! Great job! Glad you are back with us as well! We obviously can all relate to you with being off plan...I haven't been off plan but just struggling to stay on. I really screwed up last night and now am over my 35 extra points. Not sure what do to about that except just keep going eating my normal 26 a day and keep working out hard. It's funny...I screwed up on Halloween..but not on candy...I was so focused all day on not eating any candy...I let my food intake ruin me...that stinks...anyway...glad you are back. NOW LET'S ALL GET BACK ON TRACK!!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #9  

YAY AMANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!

So my cable company changed and now all my email is web based and I HATE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is going to take me litterally days to email my sister pictures of my kids! I guess I need a website or something b/c this new email has a very small limit and I can only select one picture at a time to add, I can't just hold control and pick all 88 pictures I want to send her.

Well I only have a minute. But Oprah had an interesting show yesterday about staging your own comeback. Did anyone see it?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #10  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*grin* Aw, thanks ladies!! Lmao...and when did we get carrots? I feel like I've missed so much! Lol.

Hey Misty, have you ever heard of Gmail (owned by Google)? I have an account with them and they are FANTASTIC. You get a HUGE amount of storage and can send as many pictures as you want. If you want, I can send you an invitation to join; I'd just need to know your e-mail address so I could send it there. Let me know, k?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:57 PM   #11  

Wow Amanda so proud of you!!

Well I have great news the plateau is over! I lost five pounds today! Feels so fantastic and what a victory this is for me. To have ridden this out is so amazing a true first for me.

Now if I can stay focused and make it through the holidays one day at a time!

How is the pain Kitty?
]
We can do this ladies strap our seat belts and stay in the wagon the road gets bumpy!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #12  

Hi, everybody!!! Congratulations on passing your comps, Amanda. Oh, you must be so incredibly relieved! Good for you...you should be very, very proud of yourself.

Later, ladies. I got to get back to work!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #13  

Misty-Didn't catch Oprah..so it was a good one?
Amanda-I'm just so glad to see you back...I am using you as my inspiration b/c you and I had close to the same stats starting out and are working out with a trainer so I love to see you succeed!! PLUS YOU'RE A AUBURN GAL! WAREAGLE! Anyway..glad you are back and on track. How many days are you working with your trainer? Do you do 5 days of cardio? My trainer wants me to step it up tp 6 days. I guess it can only help!

I just found a 3 pt Smart Ones. Its actually pretty decent.shrimp, mushrooms, and a tomato base sauce....pretty darn good for 3 pts!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #14  
Tryin' Again

WooHoo Luflic - looks like you broke thru to the other side of the plateau!!!!

A 21 dancing root-vegetable salute to you!!!!

I knew you could do it!!!!

Thanks for asking, I have my good days and bad. Scheduled for fusion surgery on 12-22. I'll be good as new!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #15  

OMG Luflic...I totally posted after you and didn't see your loss...that is so awesome!! I am sorry I missed it the first time around. Great job girl! You so deserve that loss!
Closed Thread