Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #1  

Default Starting over AGAIN!

I know it works, albeit slowly in my case before, but so far this has been the only thing that has worked at all. So here I go again!

Mornings and afternoons are mostly appropriate, but I have a difficult time at dinner. I am back to weighing everything and counting points and food groups, etc. My water is down so I know I have to get that back in gear, and my night eating is actually going to kill me if I don't stop. The binging is horrible. Money is so tight right now that I haven't been applying good shopping habits. I sat down with my wife and made a plan to shop together and do alot of preplanning before we spend so I can fit in those items that get me through the rough times, like WW ice cream or Skinny Cow - also my Kashi Crunch to eat with FF yogurt in the morning. I actually put down the potato chips last night because they just don;t do it anymore. I think praying helps.

I have re-arranged my workout equipment and will start to night. I never count those points, however. I am at 30 a day right now - soon to 28.

I looking for friends and good tips on inexpensive meals and sweet treats.

Thanks
Radiodoll
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM   #2  

Radiodoll,
You have the perfect approach. You have a plan, your wife is involved, you know your limits and you are motivated.
I have to tell you that I tend to eat unhealthy food when I am under stress. I left work today at 10:30am in my car jsut to get a break. Usually I would end up eating French Fries at a fast food place. Guess where I went today - El Pollo Loco. I bought a large steamed veggie and a diet soda.
It is encouraging to me that you put down the potato chips last night- maybe I will skip my fry fix next time at work and go for the steam veggies again. Hopefully our habit will keep changing for the better.
Keep going!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:41 AM   #3  

I can sympathise with the money being tight bit. It is SO much easier to eat poorly when you're broke, hey? My partner and I are struggling with this right now, so I've been eating more frozen veg and fruit 2nds (a bit older/bruised but discounted)- but at least I'm still eating them!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Night time eating kills me too. This is what helps me: 1. I make sure I have at least half of my points available for dinner. 2. I eat what my family eats (I cook it), but only one serving. 3. I start my meal with the vegis, go to the protein and finish with the carb/starch. 4. If I want a sweet, I have sugar free jello pudding or skinny cow icecream sandwich. 5. I have cut down and almost out my TV watching because that was a trigger for me to nosh. 6. Finally, I wait to act on my "hmm I want...most of the time a 15 min. delay will take the "head hunger" away. If not, then I eat a small portion of what I'm wanting. I hope this helps, I found the 1st 2 weeks were the worst. It really does get easier because I "felt" better. I was proud of myself that I was staying within a "healthy eating" plan and making good choices for the first time in my life.
Good luck,
Lynne
Closed Thread