Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #1  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default Pad Thai

I've recently become obsessed with this dish. When we would order asian take-out I'd get pork fried rice, chicken fingers, AND general gau's chicken. Now I opt for the pad thai, and an order of fresh summer rolls. I know this is a healthier option than my former order, but any insight to what kind of damage this is doing, calories, fat, etc? I've looked online and can't find anything solid. I know my next step is to try more veggie oriented dishes, but I HATE veggies. I'm a work in progress!

~jess~
Old 10-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #2  

I'm not exactly sure on the Pad Thai, but I love it also! I don't eat out anymore, so I am always experimenting at home. I can buy the flavor packet and of course the rest is just veggies, rice noodles and crushed peanuts (use alternates if you wish - almonds are good for you.) I make a lot more international foods now. It helps me get in my veggies, which I don't always like.

Radiodoll
Old 10-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #3  
Want the old me back

S/C/G: 190/182/160

Height: 5 7"

Ethnic Gourmet Bowls - Pad Thai With Tofu

Calories-460
Fat (saturated fat)-8g (1.5g)
Cholesterol-0mg
Sodium-890mg
Fiber-4g

I also found this which is supposed to be basic restaurant Pad Thai with Tofu which I believe most Pad Thai has.
Nutritional Information
Per serving: 430 calories, 15.3g total fat, 2.3g saturated fat, 8.3g monounsaturated fat, 3.6g polyunsaturated fat, 2.4g dietary fiber, 16g protein, 59g carbohydrate, 64mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium.
Good source of: calcium, iron, isoflavones

I don't blame you for loving this stuff, I could eat it every day. I also love Cashew Chicken which I often get then snack on my husbands pad thai.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #4  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Thanks guys! Now here is a tough question.... how many servings do you think they serve us at the restaurant???

EEK!

~jess~
Closed Thread