General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:35 AM   #1  

Default New to the Forum From UK but living in HK

Hi everyone

I’d just like some general advice if possible, I’m 5ft 6 will be 40 at the end of the month and weigh 150 lbs. Although I don’t think I’m very overweight I’d like to loose a stone in weight and trim down a bit so I feel better in my clothes.
Now due to some very stressful events both my husband and I started drinking too frequently, which we have now stopped completely, and eating the wrong sorts of things as a form of comfort eating.

Would you say that if we ate the following sort of things in general that we would lose weight? Example for an average day, Breakfast would be porridge, lunch would consist of 4 crackers, cucumber, onion, a small piece of Gouda cheese and a small piece of 97% fat free ham plus a diet coke for lunch. Then for dinner some skinless chicken a little steamed rice and some veg plus fruit, and maybe another diet soda. Then we would maybe snack on fruit a few unsalted nuts and green teas in the day.

We have given up bread and potatoes; we don’t eat fatty or fried food and neither of us has a sweet tooth just maybe an odd dessert on holiday or that, once the weight has come off though we will dine out a bit as we now live in Hong Kong and meet friends socially for meals.

I’d love to know what people think and also there opinion on the use of low calorie/fat branded soups and other products in a diet.

Thanks in Advance Jenny HK
jenny Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote